It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2003, 11:31 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

harvest46 HB User
Post baby is head down, so When ?

Hello ladies:
I went for my 36 week dr. appt and did a group B testing and also an internal exam to see how the baby is positioned. As far as the doctor told me, he said that he doesn't even have to stick in his fingers far, and he can already feel the baby's head.
I am still fully closed and everything. just wondering... how long is it of me from Labor ?
I really hate to wait until after my due date...
anyways, its my first time. but, i am wondering, about how long will it take before i dilate ? since the baby's head is already so close ?

Old 03-16-2003, 02:40 PM   #2

fntsyangel HB User
I hate to say it, but honestly you could begin to dialate tomorrow, or you could not dialate at all until you full onset of labor. And you could go into labor now, or it could be a week after your due date. Unfortunately, there is simply no sure way to tell how soon it will be.

With my second child, I was dialated to 3+ and she was head down and very low at 36 weeks when I went off meds for premature labor. I stayed that way until 39 weeks when I was induced for safety (make sure I made it to the hospital since i have a history of rapid labor).

With my third (Kai), I was dialated 2 cm with no progress for 2 weeks, baby was head down, but face up, and my cervix was posterior (very unfavorable for labor), when my water broke at 36 weeks.

Look at it this way ... at the most you have 5 weeks to go, and it is very likely that it wont be that long. I know you are uncomfortable and so ready to have that baby in your arms, but he or she will come when the time is right. You are on the last leg ... Good luck and an easy labor to you!

------------------
Angel, et al

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2003, 10:53 AM   #3
(female)

Jules211 HB User
I just have to weigh in here- it is SOOO hard those last few weeks (ESPECIALLY if you go past your due date... don't get me started! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif ) ... anyway I was 1 cm and -1 station for the better of three weeks at the end of my pregnancy, and I never progressed beyond that until I actually went into labor 5 days past my due date! I hope for your sake you won't have to wait that long, but the good news is the closer you get to that date the better chance for a robust and healthy baby! (mine was a surprising 8 lb. 4 oz and I am not a big girl! )

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Jules211 (edited 03-17-2003).]

Closed Thread