It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2003, 05:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kippy6 HB User
Unhappy Bruise that is growing. Painful. Please help.

Last week (5 days ago) I hit my shin very hard on the dishwasher lid when it was opened. It has never stopped hurting. Only thing is that it doesn't just hurt where the injury happened. It hurts in a 5 or 6 inch area now. Just to touch it lightly, makes it hurt badly. Also, on the inside of my ankle it is very blue, like maybe the bleeding from a bruise drained downwards b/c of gravity.

Only thing, my shin doesn't look bruised at all. It's not black or blue. You really can't even tell there is anything wrong with my leg by looking at it. It is swollen a little. It hurts my shin to walk on my leg, and it hurts my shin to move my foot. Just to lift my jeans up to look at my shin hurts. It really hurts just all the time, but more when I move. The pain today is also starting to move to the back of my leg. Now, at night, my ankle is sore too.

I don't think I have cellulitis, as my skin doesn't appear hot, and it's not red.

I'm also pregnant. Please help. It's painful .

[This message has been edited by kippy6 (edited 03-24-2003).]

Old 03-24-2003, 05:53 PM   #2
Veteran

chrislove HB User
how's your iron ? do you normally bruise easily ? is it sore only to the touch ? you might be deficient in some kind of vitamin/mineral. you could've bruised a vein which would hurt alot too. just a few ideas....
hope you get better soon, plz check with your doc if it doesn't improve. Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2003, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
Kippy -
Maybe you have a tiny hairline fracture or something? Be sure to check with your doc.

Old 03-24-2003, 06:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kippy6 HB User
Thanks to both of you. I'm not sure how my iron is. I take prenatal vit. and extra iron. This is the first time an OB rec. taking extra Iron. I was under the impression she recommended the extra iron b/c of my age (36) and also b/c I've given birth to a daughter with bone defects before.

I had varicose vein surgery about 9 months ago on my rt. leg, and still have what looks like bruises from that in several places, but they are just dark now...not blue or purple. However, i got it checked out, and they say my skin is stained from the blood (and iron), since the bruises stayed there so long. The surgery was called transilluminated powered phlebectomy. They say that was not a bleeding problem. I don't know. I've had 2 doctors look at it. Only other thing I can think of is that the nurses at hospital told me that I bled a lot with my last delivery too... I don't know. My GP and vein doctor don't think I have a bleeding problem. I told them all this. Gosh, what if he does want to do an x-ray...I hope not (since I'm carrying little junior in my tummy).

My left shin hurts more when I move or touch it. It also hurts when I'm sitting still, but not as much.
I have a 10 am appt. tomorrow w/my general practioner to look at this painful left leg...I really can't stand this anymore. I'm limping around the house, and I just don't have time for this to go on any longer. I've got so much to do.

[This message has been edited by kippy6 (edited 03-25-2003).]

Closed Thread