It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2003, 01:48 PM   #1

JstUs05 HB User
Post Pregnant while on depo Provera???

Hi, Does anyone know if it's possible to get pregnant while on depo provera?? i've been on it a while but just recently i've been having every symtom of being pregnant( I have3kids already)so im aware of all the symtoms.This is the first time i've experinced anything like this.Never had any side effects at all so this is just a little strange

Old 03-26-2003, 03:27 PM   #2
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
I have an 8 month old and I got pg. when I was on the depo shot. so yes it is VERY pos. I had all the symptoms but all my pg. tests came out neg. I think it was all the medicine in the shots messing up the pg. tests. it didnt show up until 3.5 months. within 2 weeks i found out i was pg and my due date and that it was a boy what a shocker. If you think you are I would do a test if its a neg. I would call the doc. for a blood test.

------------------
EDD-AUGUST 15
WISHIN FOR A BABY GIRL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2003, 03:41 PM   #3

JstUs05 HB User
Angry

Thanks a lot for your reply! I've taken the blood test
and it came out negative but im still having all the symtoms of being pregnant! Nausea, breast tenderness Constipation feeling of being tired the Nausea never goes away and I cant even began to lay on my stomach because my breast are so swollen. I didnt even bother to go back for my next shot it was due the beginning of March but I began feeling this way around the end of Feb

Old 03-26-2003, 03:43 PM   #4

JstUs05 HB User
Angry

Thanks a lot for your reply! I've taken the blood test
and it came out negative but im still having all the symtoms of being pregnant! Nausea, breast tenderness Constipation feeling of being tired the Nausea never goes away and I cant even began to lay on my stomach because my breast are so swollen. I didnt even bother to go back for my next shot it was due the beginning of March but I began feeling this way around the end of Feb

Old 03-26-2003, 06:45 PM   #5
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
My doctor also said that different kinds of medicines can affect the shot and the pill too. are you taking any?
i think waiting on your next shot would be good but then again that can pose another problem too cant it? as far as if your not then you might become....hhhhhmmmmm this is a tuff one. I would wait and take another test soon and see what happens. good luck keep us posted.

------------------
EDD-AUGUST 15
WISHIN FOR A BABY GIRL

Old 03-27-2003, 09:59 AM   #6
(female)

MilkNKisses HB User
Also, being on depo for me felt like being pregnant.. I thought I had the flu .. not a baby girl .. but ya know .. *shrug*

Old 03-27-2003, 10:22 AM   #7

LEILANI HB User
my close friend was on the depo shot and she got PG . i think she was on it from 6 mon to 1 year and now here baby is 5 months now he is so cute. so i would wait to get the next shot.

But then i was also on the shot after my first pg (still no Kids) and the Dr. told me that it would take up to a year after you stop taking it if you would like to have kids. i reciver the shot 2 times and then no more and i got pg again and it was about 15 months after i stop taking the shot.

You know every womans bodies are different.

i hope you find out soon

Leilani

Old 03-27-2003, 02:43 PM   #8

JstUs05 HB User
Unhappy

whats strange is that even with all these symtoms About 2 weeks ago I saw spotting but it didnt last a day then 2 weeks later the same thing but none of these symtoms seems to want to leave

Old 04-15-2004, 08:50 AM   #9

Roseyart HB User
Question Re: Pregnant while on depo Provera???

Eeyore all my docs asked me if i was pregnant so i took 3 preg tests all negative i have stretch marks on my belly but i dont know if its from depo and gaining weight because with certain foods on depo there 3 times worse.
I dont know what to do i feel pregnant and everyone i talk to about it asks me if i could be, i got my first shot in august and didnt have my periods until August.13th. could i possibly be pregnant?

Old 04-15-2004, 08:53 AM   #10

Roseyart HB User
Re: Pregnant while on depo Provera???

I have gotten 3 tests done by docs all negatve im on depo all pee tests of course.
And i have stretch marks on my belly sharp paines in lower belly, ive gottin my period back from auguste didnt get it until april 13th,2004 now its a regualr period could i be pregnant?

Last edited by Roseyart; 04-15-2004 at 08:58 AM.

Old 04-15-2004, 08:54 AM   #11

Roseyart HB User

ps. everyone i come incontact and tell them about it they ask me if i am...its so strange i feel i am but the depo also tries to make u believe you are so ive read and now im confussed

Old 04-15-2004, 09:21 AM   #12
Veteran

0603david HB User

I suppose the depo shot might not work for everyone. Or maybe certain other medications interfere with it's effectiveness. However, I was on depo for almost 5 years. I never had a period. But I have heard if you don't get them right on time your body starts to "unfreeze". Maybe that's why you saw spotting. Did you get them on time? It took me 8 months after my last shot to start spotting again. It took me 3 months after that to conceive.
I don't think I had any side effects to depo. I didn't even gain weight, it was like nothing except I didn't have a period. It was nice!!!

Last edited by 0603david; 04-15-2004 at 09:22 AM.

Old 04-16-2004, 09:55 AM   #13

Roseyart HB User

This question is for anyone on depo provera who has become pregnant, how do you become pregnant when you dont have a period? To me thats strange??

Old 04-18-2004, 07:13 PM   #14
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

a few years ago I got pg. on the Depo. it took a few months and tests b4 it come up a pos.

Old 04-18-2004, 07:36 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Rosey,just because one doesnt have a period doesnt mean they havent Oed. Look at young girls who get pregnant before they even have their first period. It can happen the lack of a period doesnt mean one hasnt Oed. Just like having a period doesnt mean one has Oed.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Closed Thread