It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2003, 11:28 AM   #1

Allusivepond HB User
Red face I think I'm pregnant, but some advice would be nice

Hey ladies,

I haven't been able to get onto the internet all day yesterday, so have lots to catch up on in here.

In my last post I said how I was due for AF on monday and still waiting, so I decided to test on wednesday. But I couldn't wait so I did a HPT using crystal blue tuesday afternoon and it showed a negative.

So this morning which is wednesday now, I used my first urine sample and only one line appeared, but now there is a faint line, it isnt pink but a second line exists.

Dont think i'm gross but i kept a sample of the urine and am going to use it to test again as soon as the chemist is open.

I have pain in my lower back and AF is now 2 days late and I had heart burn almost every night.

Does this sound like I might be, afraid to say.

What do you ladies think

I am happy and all at the same time

Heres to fingers crossed http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

Old 02-04-2003, 11:45 AM   #2

spoiled_fun HB User
How long did it take for the second line to show up? The reason that i ask is because that same thing happened to me but people said that it was an evaporation line-what the heck its that anyways? was your line like the test but a darker white-mine was-but this was like 20 minutes after i tested?????
all these questions-why does this happen if your not pg too? maybe someone can help us both out

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2003, 11:49 AM   #3

crazy2tryagain HB User
It's important not to read the test beyond the allowed time. Some tests say 5 min. some are 10 minutes. For instance, don't throw the test away and then read it 2 hours later, you could be seeing an evaporation line. They say an evap. line is anything that is not Pink (that is gray or lt.white), but is definately visable. This does sound like an evaporation line to me, but to be sure, I think it would be good to retest with 1st morning urine to be sure. Also, check what level of HCG that the test is sensitive to. Some are lower than others. If this test happens to be higher, you may not be showing up with "pink" just yet! Good Luck! Hope it happens! -J

Hey Spoiled! The evaporation lines happens (I guess) because the die they use for the line can sometimes break through on the paper after the set time is up. It is more common in some brands than others (check the internet for more info on brands). However if you have even the slightest faint faint faint light pink line, that could mean your pregnant--But your HCG levels are low. So really look at the color of the line! Good Luck! AGAIN!

[This message has been edited by crazy2tryagain (edited 02-04-2003).]

Old 02-04-2003, 11:51 AM   #4

spoiled_fun HB User
well, i dont know about her test with hcg but mine were 20-25 on the hcg level and it said after 10 minutes and i looked at it again after 20?????

Old 02-04-2003, 11:55 AM   #5

crazy2tryagain HB User
Spoiled, the test I used was 20 MIu's (I think thats the right measurement), anyway, it was low. I read mine (negative), but then set in on the counter and left it there. After a 1/2 hour or so, a faint line did appear. I never bought that particular test again, but did by another brand (Equate/purple lid), and it had a darker evaporation line after 10 minutes that really got my hopes up. There is all kinds of info on the internet about that problem with their test. It's really upsetting to those of us still TTC. Hope that helps! -J

Old 02-04-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I don't know if this will help ANYONE at all but here's my story. AF was 3 days late so I took a HPT, came up negative, took another one 2 ldays after that (so 5 days late) read negative but looked after 30 mins and was a line (evaporation line), went to the doctor at 6 days late, did a urine test, negative, went to the hospital to do a blood test, came up positive. Hope this helps some people, don't always rely on urine tests. They didn't work for me. i'm now 7 weeks and 4 days.

Old 02-04-2003, 01:43 PM   #7

Allusivepond HB User
I guess it could have been an evaporation line, i just bought another test and am waiting will let you all know in two minutes time

Old 02-04-2003, 01:55 PM   #8

Allusivepond HB User
Ok, two minutes is up, The results showed up negative. I have a spare test, so I am going to do another one on friday morning if AF doesn't show up by then. That would make me five days overdue.

After that, whether the results say negative or positive I better go to the doctor and get some pre-natal vitamins.

I hope I can hold out that long. If I had a blood test would it show whether or not I'm pg, even though the urine says -

Old 02-04-2003, 02:37 PM   #9

crazy2tryagain HB User
I know exactly how you feel! Waiting is the hardest part! I hope, for your sake, that the tests are wrong and you are pregnant. If you have never been late before and you have the symptoms...I'd think you were pregnant. Also, the tests your using may only read a higher amount of HCG. I know you want to wait, but it's almost better for you to relieve the stress by getting the blood test. Hang in there, I'm thinking of you! Please remember me by the end of this month, I'll be going through the same thing. I do it to myself every month! When will I learn! I should buy stock in Pregnancy Tests because I would be a millionaire by now! THINKING POSITIVE!!! -J

Old 02-04-2003, 03:55 PM   #10

Allusivepond HB User
Hey crazy,

I hope you have some luck soon, actually make that all of us have some luck soon.

So if i was to go and have a blood test even being a few days late it would tell me straight away at least then I would be put out of my misery, i swear its the waiting thats stressful not the actual pregnancy itself. Should I wait, i guess i've waited this long, whats a few more days.

What do you ladies think?????

Old 02-04-2003, 07:47 PM   #11

Allusivepond HB User
Well................i made an appointment at the doctors. But i cancelled

I thought i would just wait it out, and if AF isn't here by saturday, then i will retest again with a HPT, but I am not on any pre-natal vitamins so have made an appointment with normal doc next week.

Here's to hoping and praying for myself and others

Old 02-05-2003, 05:23 AM   #12
(female)

clarelouise HB User
hi allusivepond,I have been looking out for you to see what's happening.
I really hope you are pregnant.
The waiting is the hardest part.
If it were me I think I would go for the blood test because I don't think I could wait any longer.The suspense would be killing me.
I think your holding up really well,so keep it up.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
good luck.
clarelouise.

Old 02-05-2003, 02:01 PM   #13

Allusivepond HB User
Bugger it I said. I was being driven by all this waiting. I again am taking the plunge, doc appointment at 10.45, which is about an 1 1/2 hours away.

This time I'm not chickening out. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

I am kicking myself, I could have done the blood test yesterday and then known today, now instead I have to wait today and tomorrow, I have a feeling it will be negative Trying to stay positive.

Let you all know the results tomorrow.

Here's to hoping http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

Old 02-05-2003, 05:18 PM   #14

Allusivepond HB User
What a complete waste of time that visit to the doctor was.

I went to see him, and he did another urine sample test and said it was negative and unless I had fallen in the last few days it was highly unlikely that that had happened.

He also said that it could take, a week, a month or even up to two months for AF to return to normal (he thinks its a hormonal imbalance of some sort)

So there you have it, all my attempts to decide to go to scholl are still undecided, I think I might go part time, that way if I was to fall, I would be able to manage it much better, as the school I go to is about an hours drive away.

Any advice would be so welcomed.

Back to waiting it out AGAIN

Here's to hoping http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

What's up with everyone else.

Old 04-03-2003, 08:23 AM   #15

hurricanesue HB User
Question

i am what i thought to be late, but since every once in a while i get a longer cycle.. maybe i tested too soon. i have an aching back and have felt sick to my stomach for 2 weeks .. the test this morning came up negative, but it could hvae been too soon, maybe those hcg levels arent up high enough yet ..any one else have similar experiences?

Closed Thread