It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2003, 04:08 PM   #1

504HotGurl HB User
Question I have a metallic like taste in my mouth??

I've heard that when ur pregnant you can get a metallic taste in ur mouth. Today i start have this weird taste in my mouth like im sucking on some type of metal (like pennies). Is that what happens when your pregnant? How long does it last and how early in the pregnancy does it usually start? Next week my periods suppose to come so im still not sure if I'm pregnant or not but i wanted to ask about that. Thanks

Old 04-08-2003, 06:16 AM   #2
(female)

Starr N HB User
Hi. You live very close to me. I live in Violet do you know where that is? Well as far as the metallic taste yes that is a sign of being PG. I'm 9 weeks PG and never had that but i have everything else. Do you have any other signs?
now a surprise pg due June 17

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2003, 07:52 AM   #3

504HotGurl HB User
Thanks 4 ur message
If im pregnant i would have conceived March 23rd and that week my breast had liquid coming out and they grew. Also that week I was getting horrible heartburn that would keep me up at night and eventually started to just bother me all the time and i was extremely bloated. Also the smell of bleach started making me sick. The next week my breast got really sore and started looking different (the nipples). By the end of the week i was having to wake up at night too pee. That week i started eating like crazy and gained 5 lbs (95-100lbs), but by this week i had lost the weight but im still eating a lot (and i want to eat nasty stuff last night i wanted a corndog with mustard, ketchup and whip creme) and started getting that metallic taste in my mouth. I started getting moody too. During all the weeks i've had period cramps but no period and i have been bloated since the week after i would have concieved... Im not sure if these are symptoms of being pregnant cause some of them stopped my breast stopped being sore and the arent growing much anymore (im 18 and my breast stopped growing a while ago). My mom has asked several times if im pregnant and i said no and my b/f's mom had a dream that he made her a grandmother (the night of conception). Is it normal for symptoms to go away?

But yea those are my crazy symptoms that i dont know what to think of and my period is suppose to start next week.

PS i took a pregnancy test the week of conception but it was negative so im waiting a little while before taking the next one.

Old 04-08-2003, 07:54 AM   #4

504HotGurl HB User
i need to add: yup i know where Violet is

Old 04-08-2003, 09:17 AM   #5
(female)

Starr N HB User
Well it sounds to me like you may be. Symptoms do come and do. Only time will tell..keep me posted.

Where do you live in La?
now a surprise pg due June 17

Old 04-08-2003, 11:02 AM   #6

504HotGurl HB User
I live in Kenner outside New Orleans. Yea im really anxious to find out... Today I was hit in a hit and run (minor damage) on my way to school (it was raining bad) and im pretty worried cause after it happened i pulled off the road and called my mom and start cry and i was so upset.First time i've ever been hit and the woman didn't have any info and the only useful thing she gave me was her plate number and i was standing in the rain & i made a report and the police told me i had expired insurance card (my mom had the new one and never told me)and brake tags and he told me he would have to take my plate, car and liscense
:*( and i cried more and my mom talked to him on the phone and got me out of the mess... sorry i just wanted to tell how stressful the situation was. I was just crying and crying and i got horrible cramps like period cramps (not my stomach) & they stopped when i stopped crying i was soo stressed and i hope everything is ok with my body because i've never had that happen. Does that sound bad, like something to worry about?

Old 04-08-2003, 11:55 AM   #7
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Hi.. I wouldn't worry about the cramps unless they are unbearable or you have any bleeding. I had cramps similar to menstrual cramps the entire week before my period was due, all during the week my period was due, and for a month or more off and on, even after I knew I was pg. Doc's will tell you this can be caused by the uterus stretching and growing if you are pg. Also, my best friend's doctor told her that there is no evidence that stress can cause miscarriage. She's been extremely stressed out and emotional over an unplanned preganancy. Good luck to you, and let us know what you find out!

Closed Thread