It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2003, 08:36 AM   #1

1sttimefather HB User
Post 4 tests, 2 yes, 2 no!!!

My girlfriend and I have have taken 4 tests. 2 before she was due and two the day she was supposed to have her period. In both instacnes the first test was negative, adn the second test was positive. From what I have read I belive it is safe to say she is pregnant. Any comments or ideas? Thanks

Old 04-16-2003, 08:40 AM   #2

JMPOPLIN HB User
did you follow the directions as far as when to "read" the tests and all? If so, i would assume she probably is, the only way you can get a "+" is if the hormone is present...there are no false positives, only false negatives. good luck!

------------------
-jamie
Baby #1-edd 9/02
IT'S A BOY!!!!!!
Baby #1-edd 9/02
IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2003, 11:20 AM   #3
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
You can have a blood test to confirm.

Would this be a good thing or a bad thing?

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 04-16-2003, 11:38 AM   #4

Karcia HB User
jmpoplin is right: you cannot get a positive unless you are pregnant, so yep, she is pregnant. It is possible to show a negative even if you are pregnant, because the urine could be watered down if you drank too much before the test, etc. But I'd say there is no doubt. It is hard to know on this board, but I hope she is happy about it. Congratulate her for me!

Karcia
Edd 10/01

Old 04-16-2003, 12:22 PM   #5

1sttimefather HB User
Right now I'm not sure if she thinks it is a good or bad thing. We are in the middle of a serious situation that is threatining our relationship. I would like us to work things out and prepare our new addition to our family. She already has a child, any ideas what she might be thinking? I've asked her and due to the circumstances I'm getting very little insight to what she is feeling.

Old 04-16-2003, 12:41 PM   #6

Karcia HB User
Good question. First of all, try to be patient, she could blow up or anything due to these freaky pregnancy hormones. The first while she will probably tend to be scared because this is the best time to miscarry if you are going to. Until you hit that 12 week mark, it is a bit scary. While the stats are not high on miscarrying, we still get scared. I would say she is completely re-evaluating her life, and making sure she is where she wants to be before accepting that she is pregnant. She could start testing you without her even knowing it. Try to be as patient as you can, and tell her that you understand it is her hormones if she apologizes for anything she says. DO NOT say it is just your hormones talking, unless she apologizes first, because it will just sound like you are not taking her seriously, when she is trying to get a point across. Honestly, my best advise would be to pick up "Men are From Mars" book. That can really help you understand why women act the way we do, and also what you do that upsets us, even though you are doing it because you think it will help. Good luck, and let us know what the results are.

Karcia.
Edd 10/01

Old 04-16-2003, 01:49 PM   #7

1sttimefather HB User
Honestly, my best advise would be to pick up "Men are From Mars" book. That can really help you understand why women act the way we do, and also what you do that upsets us, even though you are doing it because you think it will help.

Are you serious about this? I find it hard to believe that a book can sum up every woman's feelings. I can barely tell you what I'm feeling half the time, so I am a little skeptical that this book will "provide" me with any answers. I'll look in to it, have you ever read it?

Old 04-17-2003, 06:58 AM   #8

Karcia HB User
Oh, I am sooo serious. Just an example: You know how if she comes to you with a problem, and you try to help her by offering solutions??? And for some reason that upsets her, and you have no idea why because you are clearly helping?
Well, a man wants ideas on how to fix things, so you are a Mr Fix-it. Makes sense right? Well, women want to know we are being heard, and we want you to sympathize. WE DO NOT want you to tell us how to fix it. It just makes us feel like our feelings are not justified because all we have to do is take your advise. So, that tells us that you wouldn't even have this problem because you would know what to do, but we are clearly not as intelligent because we didn't fix it. Men want to fix things, and women want to be listened to. But, since men want things fixed, you assume we do too, but we don't. We'll figure it out ourselves, we just want you to listen and say things like, wow, that is too bad, or that's rough, not: Well, just do this.
The book tells you these differences, so you can avoid a lot of arguments when you understand why she is upset at you for doing something, and you have no idea why. It is an easy read, and I actually liked reading it. I think the author's name is John Gray. I am sure his last name is Gray. Go to Barnes & Noble or some place where you can check it out well before buying it. I just can't tell you enough how great this book is. It will also help her understand that when something is bothering you, you don't always want to talk about it with her, and it has nothing to do with her. Women love to talk about our problems, but men like to go into their "caves" and just not talk for awhile. If you want to talk later, you will when you are ready, but we shouldn't chase after you to talk about it. But, see, women want you to chase after us to talk about it. You'll have to check it out.

Closed Thread