It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2003, 06:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Thumbs up OCTOBER MOMS

Hi,

Is anyone spotting after they have sex? Lastnight DH and I had sex, and afterwards I was spotting (very very light)? Just wondering if anyone else experienced this? I woke up this morning and I'm no longer spotting...I'm just wondering if I should mention it to my Dr.?

How did your appointment go Karcia?

Have a great day everyone,

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 04-17-2003, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

friendlyrobyn HB User
Heaven i think ladylight had mentioned having this but im not sure if it was her. I think its normal but i would still ask dr.

looks like you had a rude person blow up at you yesturday? Just so you know....I was glad you stated that her post wasnt comforting...it wasnt!

Am I gonna feel better soon? I hope you get some better answers!

------------------
our first babys EDD 11/27/03 Thanksgiving

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2003, 07:06 AM   #3

Karcia HB User
Good morning everyone. My appt went well. I was relieved because I fell last night. I did not have an ultrasound, but I get one next time, May 15th. I heard the heartbeat, so all is well. He wasn't too concerned about the fall. He said that the baby is so well protected. He said unless something directly impacts your uterus, you are fine. He would be more worried about me hurting myself. He is worried about my mobility going down so much. I am having so much leg pain and I am having a lot of trouble walking. He is making an appt with my surgeon for me. But, baby seems to be great. My blood & urine were all good. My iron levels, etc are doing well. Whew. Another month to my next ultrasound. Time is starting to fly. Have a great long weekend girls, incase I am not messaging you again before that. Oh, Heaven, the sex thing, I have seen that quite often on this board. I spotted as well. From what I have read, it is totally normal. I wouldn't worry unless it comes back. It sounds just like mine. It was gone by about noon the next day, so if yours stopped that early, I am sure you are fine.

Karcia
Edd 10/01

Old 04-17-2003, 07:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Hi Robyn,

I have been keeping up with your posts and I'm sorry you are suffering with morning sickness. But I have read in numerous places that morning sickness is a sign of a VERY healthy pregnancy...(go figure!)

I was lucky and never battled any m/s so I'm not sure when you will start feeling better. I think usually by the 2nd trimester women usually start to come out of it... So hopefully you only have a couple more weeks of it!

Take care,

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 04-17-2003, 07:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

friendlyrobyn HB User
Karcia,glad to hear your fall wasnt harmful..sorry you had to worry!
Heaven-sent...thanks! have a good day!

------------------
our first babys EDD 11/27/03 Thanksgiving

Old 04-17-2003, 07:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Karcia,

Glad to hear all went well at your appointment!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 04-17-2003, 07:36 AM   #7
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Hi there, I'm glad your appointment went well Karcia. Sorry to hear about your fall. I know that must have been scary. I'm hoping for an ultrasound next month too. Maybe we'll finally be able to start referring to our babies as he or she.

Heaven, I recall reading that it's common to spot after sex. If there aren't any cramps and it doesn't persist I wouldn't worry - easier said than done, right?

I woke up this morning with what I think may be a UTI, although it feels pretty mild. I've only had a few in my life, and these were when I was in the Peace Corps and living in a really tropical climate. I think it's pretty common with pregnancy, so I'm not too worried. I'm going to get some cranberry juice and call my midwife if it gets worse I guess. I'm estatic to be pregnant, but sometimes I miss feeling normal. My nausea finally lets up and this UTI hits me. Ugh!

Old 04-17-2003, 07:41 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
KMC,

Sorry to hear of your UTI...

Hopefully the cranberry juice will help, but if not atleast they can put you on Macrobid and it will clear up right away.

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 04-17-2003, 12:00 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
You know what is funny about morning sickness? You absolutely HATE it when you have it, but when it goes away you almost wish you had it again so you know that baby is okay. I was SO sick from week 5 - 10, then fine for a week and i said to my mom "i wish i felt sick still, i keep thinking baby is not doing okay" and I SHOULD have knocked on wood cause next day I was praying to the porcelin god AGAIN for 4 weeks. Haha. Anyways, I'm kind of interupting cause I'm not even due in October, but close enough I figure. LOL. Sorry ladies.

Angela
EDD 9/21

Old 04-18-2003, 07:29 AM   #10

aev30 HB User
Smile

Hi October mommies! I went by my doctor's office yesterday and asked if they could let me hear my baby's heartbeat since I didn't get to at my 12 week appointment. I got to hear it this time and I am so excited and feel so much better now. It was a strong, healthy heartbeat!!! I just wanted to share my news with you guys! Have a great weekend!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif
Angel
EDD 10/10

Old 04-18-2003, 07:38 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Great news, Angel!

Isn't it the most beautiful sound? I heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time on Tuesday...music to my ears!! I have seen the heartbeat before, but Tuesday was the first time we were actually able to hear it!

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 04-18-2003, 08:49 AM   #12
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
So glad you finally got to hear it Angel! I know how relieved you must be. I have another appointment next Friday and can't wait to hear it again.

I was told at my last appt that I would be given the option of doing genetic testing. We decided not to do it. Frankly, all the false positives some of these tests produce really scare me. Anyone else going to do any genetic testing? Just curious to know the pros and cons...

By the way, my UTI seems to have disappeared, so maybe I misdiagnosed myself yesterday. I'm still feeling much better physically than I was a couple of weeks ago, so all is well again. Yay!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Closed Thread