It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2003, 06:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Post Spotting after sex

I'm just wondering if its normal to spot bleed after sex?

DH and I BD'd lastnight, and afterwards I went to the bathroom and noticed I was spotting. It wasn't red blood...but more of a light pink spotting. I woke up this morning and it had stopped completely so I'm not all that concerned. I'm just wondering if I should expect this everytime we have sex? Or if it's something I should check with my doctor about?

Thanks in advance for your replies...

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 04-17-2003, 06:25 AM   #2
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
I do think it is totally normal. But, I would mention it to your doctor. I know a lot of people that spot after sex while pregnant. I never did spot, but I do get a lot of discharge after sex. Your blood vessels are very tender right now and you may have just tore one and caused it to bleed a little.

But do mention it to your doctor just to be on the safe side.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2003, 07:32 AM   #3
Veteran

LadyLight HB User
Heaven-Sent,

The same exact thing just happened to me this last Sunday! We had sex Sunday night and all was ok on Monday but when I woke up Tuesday morning I had very light pink spotting here/there. Called Dr. and she said it was probably from the sex and that my cervix probably had gotten irritated. She said to abstain for a bit and of course let her know if it got worse. Also, I'm on Heparin, a blood thinner, so she said that may have also contributed.

I may have a touch of a bladder infection because I had a tiny bit of burning on urination too, but that seems to have gone now. It scared me too at first because I've gotten this far along 4 1/2 mths and had never had any spotting.

You might want to check with your doctor just to be on the safe side. Hope all continues well for you!

Old 04-18-2003, 08:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

mommarican HB User
Hey Heaven-Sent - the same thing has been happening to me lately too?! I've been with DH for 7 years (this will be our first married) and I have never experienced this before...I wonder what's going on with me????????? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 04-18-2003, 09:50 AM   #5
Veteran

LadyLight HB User
Ladies just FYI:

Here's what I just found out today at doctor's about the spotting I've been having this week.

If you read my previous post you know we had sex on Sunday night and by Tues a.m. I was spotting very lightly, light pink. On/off last few days. Thought it was gone yesterday but started again yesterday afternoon and through till today...but it was a bit more and kind of brownish, reminding you of just before you start AF. Like you, we thought it was just my cervix irritated due to sex. Turned out to be much more.

Well, I called my Dr. this morning because I was very concerned, scared actually and wanted to have urine checked in case of UTI and have Dr. check me out. GLAD SHE DID...She did tummy u/s and baby and placenta are fine, saw heartbeat, all is good. She said she thought it was my cervix as she had suspected. Wanted to make sure I wasn't dialated. She felt my cervix and it was a bit soft and open so did a vaginal u/s and my cervix was right length, what it is is a tiny bloodclot inside my cervix as she thought...and she was totally reassured. She said it is just dissolving itself and I should expect spotting over next days etc... What a relief.

All is well and to enjoy my weekend. Note here is that if your spotting came on sudden like mine and continues, you may want to call your Dr. just be safe like I did. Now I can rest easy and we'll check on my next visit to make sure it's gone. Good luck and praying all is well with you!

Closed Thread