It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2003, 05:39 PM   #1

sheri1109 HB User
Exclamation Please help!!!!

I have a pregnancy question. First of all, my cycle is a little bit variable. In the the past year I have had one 26 day cycle and one 36 day cycle. However, most times, it is between 28 and 30 days. Today is day 39 of this cycle and still no period. My last period began on March 12. I know my boyfriend and I had intercourse on March 27 (and other days, but that is the most likely "conception date"). We weren't using any protection except withdrawal. My period was due on or around April 8. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests in the last week (with the most recent being today) and they have both been negative. What are the odds that I'm pregnant? I know everything I'm reading says home pregnancy tests are 97-99% accurate the first day after a missed period, but 39 days is a long time...

What do you think? I appreciate any knowledge or advice you could give me.

Thanks!!!

sheri

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2003, 06:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
I have my doubts about the accuracy rates that are written ont he tests. With my first son I didnt get a + on urine tests and finally had to have a blood test to see if I was indeed pregnant.
There are a few women on here who will tell you that either they or someone they know didnt get + hpts even though they were indeed pregnant.

In other words call your doctor or a local planned parenthood clinic and get a blood test done to see what those results are.
Also if you are truly wanting to avoid pregnancy use some real birth control because the pull out method is not proper birth control.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2003, 05:54 PM   #3

junbreeze1 HB User
Sheri, I took three tests and experienced light bleeding before I found out I was pregnant. Even then, the pregnancy test was very faint. I was two months along at that point! Go get a blood test done. That is NEVER wrong!

Closed Thread