It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2002, 01:00 PM   #1
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Post What is the soonest any of you felt pregnant without the positive yet?

Taking notes - so what is the soonest you felt prego and what was it that made you feel that way. I'm talking like before you actually tested or just after for that matter. And I know the typicals, but just humor me. Pretty please....

Old 10-08-2002, 05:32 PM   #2

fntsyangel HB User
Only one time out of 4 (3 successful) did I know before I was late, and that was thanks to checking cervix/cervical mucous. I noticed that my cervix was not opening even a tiny bit when it should have been nearing my period. The other 3 times I was completely surprised to find I was pregnant.

------------------
Angel
Stephanie (7), Caitlen (5), Arica (1), Kai Thomas EDD 1-23-03

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2002, 05:58 PM   #3
Veteran

Greenberry HB User
The first time I had no idea why I felt like I was on my deathbed until I got a positive test, and even then I didn't believe it until I had taken 2 more tests. This time I just knew about 2-3 days after I conceived. I got this feeling like I was too tired to move, like I was wearing a body suit made out of lead, and also just a little bit of nausea. Also, the strange bleeding tipped me off.

Old 10-08-2002, 06:54 PM   #4
Veteran

wattagirl HB User
i found out when i was about 2 wks pregnant-my breasts were so sore i couldn't stand it-so i went to the doc to get a breast exam-well she gave me a test then sent me to get a blood test-i couldn't believe it-it sure made for a very long pregnancy

Old 10-09-2002, 05:07 AM   #5

2by2 HB User
well I knew .. .Like two weeks into the pregnancy.. My ovaries felt really strange.. like theywere gonna fall out.. My boobs hurt, Lots of white mucous.. Then at 3 weeks I took a test & it came back ++++.. .I am having TWIN GIRLS!

Old 10-09-2002, 11:33 AM   #6
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
So wait a minute Angel, you have said this before. How, pray tell, did you check your cervix. Are you saying you know a way to give yourself a pelvic or something?!?!?! I am honestly curious to hear how this procedure takes place. I know I am coming off sarcastic, but seriously. I know how to check for mucus and what not by what is discharged, but how did you know your cervix was tightly closed?

Old 10-09-2002, 12:24 PM   #7

fntsyangel HB User
Ok ... I am sure this will seem a bit strange, but I had good reasons for learning, and this is going to be pretty graphic (sorry) but I cant think of any other way to explain.

First, you have got to make sure to wash your hands well before and after (or use sterile med gloves, I suppose).

It is easiest done sitting on the toilet because it tips the uterus forward and shortens the vaginal passage.

You take one finger and reach inside the vaginal passage to the uppermost and locate your cervix (which is circular with a "dimple" in the middle of it). You feel around the edges, the middle, etc. Basically become familiar with what it feels like. It changes at different times in the cycle, and with pregnancy. That's it. If you are mid - late pregnancy you can also feel the tissue just behind it to see if you can feel the baby's head (sign of effacement).

I am not sure what use this is except for checking for pregnancy and during pregnancy (the reasons I learned) but it could be useful in TTC, I imagine. I am extremely thankful that I learned to do this because during my last pregnancy my doctor kept trying to tell me that all the contractions were fine, no big deal, and had I not personally felt the changes - dialation of the opening, loss of all length, feeling baby's head - I probably would have believed him, never demanded he do a pelvic, and would probably have given birth at 30 weeks if not before. Now, instead of calling the doc everytime I have an instance of severe, prolonged, frequent contractions, I only call if I am not sure what to think of what I feel in my cervix. It helps me to feel more secure about my sittuation of being at high risk for PTL.

Anyway, there ya go - I am SURE its not for the ultra-shy or faint of heart, but after my history, I prefer to know every little intimate detail about my body!!

------------------
Angel

Old 10-09-2002, 03:03 PM   #8

hunnybear201 HB User
Just wanted to add to Angel's message. I read somewhere that before and during the first 4-5 weeks of pregnancy that your cervix should be hard like the way the tip of your nose feels "maybe even harder" when you touch it and if and when you are pregnant the cervix will become soft like the way your earlobe feels. I tested this theory and it was right. my cervix was soft last week and I was about 5 1/2 weeks. I have also read that before preg. and in the early weeks of preg. Your cervix is low and within a few weeks of preg. the cervix pulls itself up making it harder for you to reach with one finger. This for me was also true. I have to say I have learned more about my body during pregnancy than ever! lol!
P.S. my very first symptom of preg. was a week after my af (period) I began cramping and then a few weeks later my nipples bagan to tingle and then I began making frequent trips to the bathroom.
Best of luck to you Amanda

Old 10-10-2002, 11:24 AM   #9
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
I AM SO GLAD YOU WERE GRAFFIC!! Okay I knw that comes as a surrise, but I would rather you get straight to the point. So that is what I fugured you were going to say. Wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. So okay it should feel hard and tightly closed or softened and tightly closed when preg? And is it unusual to feel preg in the first week after conception? I am guessing yes, but am curious what you all think.

Old 10-10-2002, 08:44 PM   #10

fntsyangel HB User
My understanding from reading, and from my personal experience, is this: shortly after conception the cervix should close tightly and move up (making it harder to reach) to prevent infection or any other sperm from coming in. This part really isnt noticable unless you are an expert I think - it seems to me that this happened after ovulation, conception or not.

A few days before AF, in a non-conception month, the cervix will soften a little bit and open a little bit in preparation for AF - this confused me for a while because I knew that pregnancy causes the cervix to soften, but more on that in a min. If conception has occured,the cervix will stay small and tightly closed in the days leading up to expected AF.

Approx a week after you are late, the cervix will start to soften and thicken (get bigger in width) but should stay closed.

Now, keep in mind, there are things that could interfere with this description of the process. One - even for each woman it can be different each time! My cervix feels completely different than it did last pregnancy! Also, cervical proceedures (like biopsies), cervical abnormalities (like dysplasia - precancerous growths), and polyps can change the basic structure of the cervix causing it to feel different than you may expect. Hormone levels make a difference, too.

During my m/c, even the OB thought I was not pregnant because my cervix was small and closed at 6 weeks - a point which it should have already began to change to soft and thickening - yet 2 weeks later, 2 days AFTER already miscarrying, the OB thought I still was pregnant because suddenly things were as expected. What happened to cause this was that my HCG levels were too low at 6 weeks to have caused the expected changes, yet in the 2 weeks between the levels continued to rise until the baby aborted. At 10 weeks after LMP, everything was back the way it should be. This was when I learned all about such things.

Anyway, hope that gives you some idea! I really think that for each woman you will just find your personal normals with time.

------------------
Angel

Old 10-11-2002, 01:24 AM   #11

Carole-Anne HB User
Wink

Hi,

I started to feel wierd on the week starting the 23rd Sept. I did a test on the 28th with a VERY thick positive line. But I could only have been 3 weeks pregnant as I did a negative test on the 6th of Sept!!! By wierd I felt sick but couldn't stop eating. I went off smoking HOORAH! and felt REALLY tired. I am now 5-6 weeks confirmed on a scan yesterday and feel GREAT.

How do you feel?

Old 10-11-2002, 12:32 PM   #12
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Well, I tried your trick (this is ovulation time) to get an idea of what you were saying and to become familar and the "dimple" you mentioned seemed opened quite a bit in fact. For obvious reasons being that I know I am ovulating. I am very familar with my system. I know my body very well so this was something that kinda made me take a double take. I didn't know you could know your body that well. So if I were to have conceived would my cervix still have felt the way it did as I mentioned. Probably not I imagine and I also wonder how much longer after conception does it close. Is it days, immediatly, weeks? I am so curious about this I guess.

Old 10-11-2002, 04:39 PM   #13

hopefullywaiting HB User
i have been trying since may to concieve,some how i have been regular since day 1, the end of every month i start. my last period was aug. 30 and i still haven't started, i took a hpt but it was neg. the wierd thing is i never have any discharge, but last week a had a lot, and in it was this red mucus looking thing, very small, but it wasn't blood...help what do you think?

Old 10-12-2002, 04:05 AM   #14

fntsyangel HB User
Durring ovulation the cervix has to be open some for the little guys to get thru! Within days of ovulation there should be a change (no difference from pregnancy to non-pregnancy that I recall)

Old 03-03-2003, 08:58 PM   #15

De Lou HB User
Question

ok time to reopen this post. So everyone is saying if you are PG that you will feel at the top of your cervix like it is closed? The dimple feeling will be gone???? So it should just feel smooth across??? I am sorry for reopening this very old post. It took me forever to find it. I am just looking for some help.
Thanks!!!!!

Closed Thread