It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2003, 06:11 PM   #1

junbreeze1 HB User
Post Not Much Weight Gained

I am new to the forum, and I already find it very informative. Anyway, I am 31 weeks along, and I have only gained a whopping 13lbs. My Mom only gained about 15 lbs per child, but it just seems that I am very small for almost starting my 8th month. The doctor wants me to gain 4 lbs this month, but it just seems that I don't eat a whole lot, and besides my vitamins, my diet has never really been the 'healthy' one... I do eat, mind you, but not as much as other pregnant ladies around me do. My baby is very active. He keeps me very well entertained with his strong kicks and rolls. I was just wondering if their were any other ladies out there who didn't gain much weight and had healthy babies, and if so, what size?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2003, 06:28 PM   #2

sweetescape02 HB User
Talking

Hi there!

I'm 26 and have 3 kids. My normal weight has always been between 95 and 100 lbs. With my first pregnancy, I gained 15 lbs. and had a healthy 7 lb. 11 1/2 oz. daughter. With my second pregnancy, I gained 10 lbs. total and had another healthy girl, this one weighing just under 9 lbs. With my third, I had a very healthy little boy who weighed a little over 9 lbs. and my total weight gain with him was 18 lbs.

I have always eaten like a pig but luckily I have a high metabolism. Trust me, you can be small and not gain a ton of weight and still have a healthy baby!

------------------
Rest In Peace, Laci & Connor.
May God Embrace Your Souls & Bring Your Family Peace.

[This message has been edited by sweetescape02 (edited 04-21-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2003, 07:28 PM   #3

junbreeze1 HB User
Yeah I guess for the junk I crave occasionally, and readily eat, I do not gain much. In fact, I never had a problem before with what I ate. My weight gained however,has all been in my stomach and I am wearing most everything from before I found out. It sounds truly amazing how much you gained and how much your babies weighed. Did you know that they would be that big? I feel that mine will be small, does this sounds right? Intuition or something??

Old 04-21-2003, 08:00 PM   #4

sweetescape02 HB User
Talking

With all 3 of mine, all the weight was the baby! It looked like I had a ball under my shirt. With my first, I never owned a stitch of maternity clothing! I did with the others, though. I actually thought my first would be smaller than 7 lbs. so I was surprised by her weight. With my 2nd, I just knew she would be huge because I was in constant pain, lol. I felt like she was going to literally fall out any second from 6 months on. With my 3rd, I wasn't in as much pain, but I figured his weight might be between the others, and he ended up weighing the most. I could just tell he was big.

Usually your instincts are right. My sister felt like she would have a small baby and hers ended up weighing 5 lbs.

------------------

Old 04-21-2003, 08:35 PM   #5

junbreeze1 HB User
Did it hurt when you were laying down, asleep or something like that, and you had to get up to pee. Like did you feel tremendous pressure in your pelvic region and you had to walk a few steps clutching your belly and walking slightly bent? Maybe that is my body telling me that the baby is big? But I just went to my 28 week appt. a few weeks ago and my doctor said that the baby was still small enough to go breech. I don't know!

Old 04-21-2003, 11:20 PM   #6

sweetescape02 HB User
YES!!! I would have to walk around and hold my belly because of the pressure. And it felt like I had to pee every 10 seconds. My hubby would say it hurt him to watch me walk! I hope your baby doesn't go breech on you...OUCH!

------------------

[This message has been edited by sweetescape02 (edited 04-22-2003).]

Closed Thread