It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2003, 10:03 AM   #1

luvbabies HB User
Post Urgent question

Hello everybody,

I am new to this board and I find that the people in this board are really friendly and helpful so I would like to ask the question.I am trying to conceive since 3 months. My OPK showed LH surge on 04/04/03 so accordingly I should get my AF on 04/18/03 but she didn't show up so I did HPT this negative but unfortunately it came - which made me relly depressed, my DH was really supportive this morning but still I feel very sad. I got some pregnancy symptoms- sore breasts, had back pain since I ovulated which is really uncomfortable. Sorry for being so lengthy, I will appreciate if anyone can throw a light on this.
Thank you

Old 04-20-2003, 10:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kitty_T HB User
hi and welcome! often when you are TTC and hope that you are pregnant you will notice things that you do not normally notice such as sore boobs and automatically think that you are pregnant isnt it strange what our bodies put us through? i wish you the best of luck TTC and hope that God blesses you with a little mirical very soon. why dont you join the TTC'ers i think they are on thread 91 now they are very helpful and supportive ladies and i am sure they will welcome you with open arms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2003, 02:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
You do know that just becuase you get an LH surge doesnt mean you ovulated??? Also The LH surge happens a day to two days before actual ovulation.
So if you had the LH surge on the 4th then chances are you would have ovulated either the 5th or 6th. Now the time after ovulation to the start of your period is called the Luteal Phase. The LP tends to be between 12 to 16 days. So say you Oed on the 5th then your peiod could have come the following days...12,18,19,20,21. Now if it had been on the 6th then the dates would have been 18,19,20,21,22. The reason I give this is to help you figure out your O date a little better.
Also never count on the signs because your desire can play some mean tricks on your body.
Also you have only been trying for 3 months just relax and enjoy the love making. Dont get so tense over ttc.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 04-21-2003, 08:34 AM   #4

luvbabies HB User
Question

Thanks Blastoff9600 for the valuable information.I haven't got my AF yet and I don't have signs of them coming. Yesterday I had bad abdominal cramps but AF didn't show up,today I don't have abdominal cramps but I got mild low back pain . What does that mean, should I keep my hopes up. Since past week my temp has stayed above 95.8 and sometimes it get into 99.2 during the day.I did HPT on 04/20 that is yesterday but it was negative does that mean i am not pregnant. I think I am too obcessed with it.I think I will just wait and watch.
Thankyou Blastoff9600 and Kitty_Turner for your replies.

Old 04-21-2003, 08:37 AM   #5

luvbabies HB User
Sorry about the temp I mentioned it wrong in the above post. I wanted to say since past week my temp stayed above 98.5 and sometimes during the day it goes upto 99.2. Sorry!!!

Old 04-22-2003, 08:42 AM   #6

Balissa HB User
Your temps during the day really aren't very indicative of fertility. Eating, moving around, taking a shower-- pretty much anything you do can cause a spike or a dip in your temperature.

Did you see a biphasic pattern on your chart that indicated that you did, in fact, ovulate? Did it coincide with your positive OPK? From what limited information you've given, it sounds like you might have ovulated later than usual. It is possible to get an LH surge and not ovulate. That doesn't mean that you didn't ovulate later in your cycle than you thought. As someone mentioned above, ovulation can occur up to 48 hours after the surge is detected. Do you know how long your luteal phase is? It tends to be about the same from month to month within a day or so. If you did not ovulate at all, your period could be a no-show for a while.

Even if you are pregnant, it is pretty unlikely that you would have any symptoms before you get a positive pregnancy test this early on. Not unheard of, mind you, but pretty unlikely. Sore breasts is the most common early pregnancy symptom, but that could also be associated with menstruation.

I would wait another week and then take another test. If you haven't started by then and the test is negative, you could always give your doctor a call and see they can help you figure out what is going on. Best of luck to you!

Closed Thread