It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2003, 11:44 AM   #1

kristi9101 HB User
Question EXTREMELY DIZZY????

I AM 32 WEEKS ALONG AND MY IRON IS OK AND EVERYTHING. I AM SOO DIZZY, AND I DON'T MEAN OCCASIONALLY EITHER. I HAVE THIS EVERYDAY, IT'S TO THE POINT THAT I CAN'T EVEN TAKE A SHORT SHOWER OR EVEN GO TO THE GROCERY STORE FOR A QUICK ERRAND. I HAVE A HARD TIME WALKING EVEN, I FEEL I WILL FALL OVER AND FAINT. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM? IS THIS NORMAL. I FEEL SO AWFUL AND THIS CONSTANT DIZZINESS IS VERY SCARY FEELING. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ALLEVIATE IT OR WHAT COULD BE CAUSING IT EITHER. PLEAES REPLY WITH HELP!!!

------------------

Old 04-21-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

mommarican HB User
Hi Kristi, have you spoken with your doctor yet? Perhaps he/she will be able to give you some advice? I am still ttc with DH, but I can tell you that I have passed out/blacked out before and have experienced being very dizzy while driving and had to pull the car over, for me it was some kind of "virus" the doctor said I was fighting. Nothing serious, so they gave me some antibiotics. Good luck and let us know what's going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2003, 01:06 PM   #3
Veteran

chrislove HB User
mommarican is right...or it could be low blood sugar, low blood pressure or dehydation. It could even be soemthing else. I'm sure it can be fixed easily with vitamins, meds or liquids. I would still check with the doc/nurse to be sure. They may want to run a blood test to rule things out. I hope yu feel better soon sweetie, Take care and let us know how you are, k ? Chris

Old 04-21-2003, 01:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
Kristi,
I found this on the University of Michigan Website:

Some pregnant women report lightheadedness or faintness early in the course of pregnancy and sometimes closer to the time of delivery. Most commonly it is caused by circulatory changes such as blood pooling in your legs so it doesn't get back to your heart easily when you change position or from the pressure of your uterus on the blood vessels in your back and pelvis which decreases blood flow to the upper part of your body. Getting overheated will cause the blood vessels to dilate, lower your blood pressure and can make you feel dizzy. The increase in progesterone hormone during pregnancy acts on the respiratory center in your brain to change how your body uses oxygen and carbo dioxide. This can make you feel faint, dizzy or as if you are hyperventilating until your body gets used to this effect. Lastly, low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) can cause dizziness and is common in early pregnancy especially because your baby needs lots of sugar to grow and develop.

Old 04-21-2003, 05:47 PM   #5
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Coppertop, you are the research queen!!!! Thanks for always coming up with all this stuff. The dizziness seems normal to me too. I've had it, and don't you remember in old movies? The way to tell the heroine was pregnant was when she fainted dead away? LOL.

Old 04-21-2003, 06:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
I know what you mean about the old movies! If I take too hot a shower, I always feel like I'm going to pass out.

Siren,
Research is what I love to do. This is my third pregnancy, so mostly I'm just passing on what I have found during the first two

Old 04-22-2003, 05:50 AM   #7
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
I have low blood sugar. I developed it with my first pregnancy and it never went away. I have to eat every 2 hours or I get very light headed. That is a terrible feeling. You also have to get plenty of rest. That is hard for me too because I work 8 hours a day and come home to a 4 yr old who wants to play. But, even if it is just 15 min. it will help. Try eating more carbs and drinking more water. Eat every 2 hours and see if you feel better. If it is your sugar that should help. If that don't work it might be something else.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 04-22-2003, 03:40 PM   #8

dinhtran HB User
Hi Kristi9101!!!,

I am sooo glad you posted this b/c I am 36 weeks and have been feeling the exact same way. I was going to ask the dx on my next visit. I noticed that it seems to be getting a little worse as the weeks go by. I just feel like when I just sit there or stand too long straight up on my feet that the room starts spinning around me. My iron levels are normal as well. I did notice that I have had swelling in my feet that I never really had during the beginning of my pregnancy. I heard the swelling only gets worse. I think I read in one of the books that the dizziness is rather normal and I think the pooling in your legs with the blood is what causes some of it.

I am glad I am not alone!

Serena

Closed Thread