It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2003, 04:12 PM   #1

colie626 HB User
Talking Triplets are here!!!

My babies are here! Ben, Julie, and Sammie entered the world on April 16. Ben weighed 2lb 6oz, Julie weighed 3lb 1oz and Sammie weighed 3lb 2.5oz so they were pretty big. The came a little over a month before there EDD which is normal but are doing better than the average triplets do. It's going to be hard going back and forth from the hospital for over a month but I can do it! I am just so excited!
-Colie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2003, 04:21 PM   #2

bonbon2000 HB User
Congratulations. Welcome to the world Ben, Julie and
Sammie.
I'm glad your 3 little easter bunny doing so well. How are you doing?

Have a nice and peaceful easter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2003, 04:49 PM   #3

7th_Heaven HB User
Congrats on your three bundles of joy! Babies are something aren't they? How are you feeling? Keep us updated on their progress!

Old 04-18-2003, 05:55 PM   #4

colie626 HB User
Unhappy

We just got home from the hospital. It is so hard going there and then leaving them there. I hope that time goes fast so they can come home and be with us all the time. I want them to come its so hard. I wanted them so bad and i can't even bring them home yet.

Old 04-20-2003, 06:39 PM   #5

Trac y HB User
Congratulations! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 04-20-2003, 08:22 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Congrats Mommy!
I know how hard it is to have to leave your (in my case 1 baby) babies behind! My daughter spent 4 weeks in the NICU and that was the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. It was especially hard when I had to get up every 3 hours and put with NO BABY there with me. I could not tell you how many gallons of tears i shed. I have no idea how Mark ever out up with me for that long of time.

I will tell you what everyone told me when I had to leave her. & That was to take full advantege of being able to recover and catch up on some well nedded sleep. Ofcourse I just laughed at people when they said that to me. But I really wish I would have listened instead of spending 12 hours a day by her side in the NICU. But ya know.....if i had to do it all over again, I would do it just as the same as I did it the 1st time. You will soon be able to dial the NICU from your bed at 3 AM without even opening an eye just to check on your babies & here that they are sleeping & have full ummies & then you will eventually be able to roll back over & get some sleep. You will have your favorite Nurses & then the ones you don't really care for & you will also get to know their work shcedules & learn all about their families and so on. It will be as if you become a permanent fixture in that place.

The one thing that you will need to know is about the best preemie clothes to buy. Wal-Marts has the McBaby brands & it seemed to us that those were the smallest things we could find that fir my daughter pretty well. I would gladly send you all of her preemie things, but Ihave already donated them to the NICU where Riley was. You might ask & see if they have things like that there. They will just come in one day out of no where & say to you that you get to dress your kids today & you will be standing there empty handed. If you can find time to get out & at least get 2 outfits per baby to have on hand, that way you won't feel rushed to run out the moment they say that to you. We just bought a small mesh laundry bag & left it at the hospital & carried it back and forth with us with all the dirty clothes & I washed them at home so they never got lost in the hospital laundry. Another thing is the diapers.....I found that the Pampers preemies worked the best & they were very hard to find, but I soon learned that Babiesrus ALLWAYS had some stashed in the backroom. They said they hid them back there for parents that really needed them because Mother's would come in & buy them just for their daughters to put on their baby dolls. So if you have a Babiesrus near you, start stocking up now. I think Riley was in preemie diapers for about 2 months. She was 3 pounds when she was born & a little over 5 pounds when we went to the newborn size & then I liked the huggies after that.

Sorry this was so long, but I would have loved to have someone help me out after I had Riley. I was a lost ducky there for a while until I could figure everything out on my own!
I you have any questions I would be glad to try & help in anway I can!

I hope you are feeling great & don't push yourself too hard! Are these your 1st babies? I want details as soon as you can find the time!

Big hugs to those babies!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Kim

Old 04-21-2003, 10:18 AM   #7
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Congratulations on your three little miracles Collie! Kim, it was really sweet of you to offer so much useful advice. This isn't even my post and I was relaly touched by it! Collie, I wish you and your big family all the best. Good luck!

Old 04-22-2003, 10:02 AM   #8
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Kim you're so nice to give all that info! Man I was reading it as if I had a preemie to take care of. I almost grabbed notes to write down your advice and then it dawned on me........

Colie - YAY for Ben, Julie and Sammie!! That is WONDERFUL!!!! How long were they?? Do they respond to you and your hubby's voices? I bet this is is so tough. Hang in there! They'll be home before you know it!

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Old 04-23-2003, 04:04 PM   #9

colie626 HB User
Thumbs up

so much to tell you all...i will write a new post though.

Old 04-23-2003, 04:30 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

mommarican HB User
Congratulations Colie! I don't know if the question has been asked before, but did you use fertility meds? Just wondering??? I am very happy for you and DH! with joy! Can't hardly wait to get more details from you! Take care!

Closed Thread