It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2003, 10:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User
Unhappy Hi! New here..I posted on the parents board as well!!

Hi there! I'm new to the boards and I am very concerned about my 6 week old baby boy. His soft spot is a little large and it becomes sunken in at times. Sometimes when he crys or is eating it will go back to normal. I have mentioned this to the doctor but he seems to either ignore this or isnt concerned. However, I am. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thank you for reading my post

Old 04-24-2003, 03:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Hi there!
first of all, welcome to the boards.

I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time and can't really offer any practical advice because I've never been in your situation, but I'm certain that other ladies here who already have children will be able to give you some more insight.

However, if the doctor doesn't seem concerned, surely that would mean it's nothing to be worried about? Just a thought, although I could be wrong, of course.
Let us know how it goes, and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2003, 05:29 AM   #3
Veteran

phillie2002 HB User
I could be wrong here but I thought I had heard that if the soft spot sinks in a great amount than the baby may be dehydrated or just not getting enough fluids. That could explain why it goes back to normal after he/she eats. Youmay need to feed the baby more often.

Good luck!

Phillie

[This message has been edited by phillie2002 (edited 04-24-2003).]

Old 04-24-2003, 07:44 AM   #4
Veteran

angelsen HB User
I am terribly sorry to hear what you are going through. I agree with Phillie! I just read about this yesterday and that is the most common side effect of not getting enough liquids. Do you ever give your child just a bottle of water? It might be a good idea. Also if your doc didn't have any advice for you or seem concerned I might think about switching if possible. For one thing that is totally uncalled for to not help a new mom out and help you understand what is going on!!

I pray all goes well and try giving your child some water in a bottle and see if that helps!

------------------
God Bless!!!!
It's a girl!!!!
Noelle Marie due 8/1

Closed Thread