It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kippy6 HB User
Post BonBon, How did your emergency US go today??

Hi Bon Bon, I saw on the Appts. thread that you had a emergency US scheduled for today. I didn't know anything about this. Is everything okay? Please let us know .

Old 04-22-2003, 06:04 PM   #2

BonBon24 HB User
I went into the maternal fetal screening unit today and had an ultrasound to determine if baby had contracted chicken pox from me. They were able to rule out limb deformation and irregular brain size. This made me so happy I almost began to cry. There is still the possibility of skin scarring and eye porblems (Cataracs and blindness) but this cannot be determined until baby is born. Baby's head is developing well - it is actually 1 week bigger than expected. I have to go back in 7 weeks so they can determine if babys head is still growing at the correct rate. My poor hubby could not join me today as he got the chicken pox and was not allowed near the unit (Big Risk) Thank-you to everyone who has said prayers for our precious angel - it has meant a ton! Bon

[This message has been edited by BonBon24 (edited 04-22-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2003, 03:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Dear Bonbon, I'm happy that the baby seems to be well, and also sorry that you're having to go through all this!

I know I'm being repetitive here, but please, all the ttc ladies, get yourself checked out for chickenpox and German measles non immunity. I've had to take a 3 month break from ttc because I had no immunity to Rubella (G. Measles). I had the shot as a child, like everyone else, but due to my age (38), the doctor says it may have worn off. So please get a blood test to check for immunity BEFORE you ttc!

Bonbon, sending you lots of get well wishes to you! Hang on in there, sweetie.

Old 04-23-2003, 04:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kippy6 HB User
BonBon - Bless your heart. I remember about your contracting chicken pox. I will be praying for you, your husband, and baby. That is great news so far (that the baby has checked out fine)!!! How severe of a case of chicken pox did you get? How is your husband doing? Do you have a date set for the next US in 7 weeks?

[This message has been edited by kippy6 (edited 04-23-2003).]

Old 04-23-2003, 08:58 AM   #5
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
wow i had no idea that your baby can get it while inside of you. isnt it all amazing what things can affect our babys. Im very glad you and baby are ok. thank goodness for the u/s they always put our minds at ease dont that.hope you and dh get to feeling better soon.

------------------
EDD-AUGUST 15
baby boy # 3

Old 04-23-2003, 09:25 AM   #6

BonBon24 HB User
Thank-you all for being so caring! In Response to what Nela said - Please, please, please ask for an immunity test to chicken pox! You have to wait 2 months to concieve if you get vaccinated as the vaccine is live but it is worth it!I never knew it could harm the baby until after I was already pregnant. It can do so much damage to baby and it can make mom VERY sick. I was lucky in the sense that I found out I was not immune of Friday, and exposed on Saturday. Most people don't even know they have been exposed. Within 72 hours I was able to get an emergency needle called VZIG that lessened the severity of the Pox - it should prevent it except in cases where it would have been really bad. You have to get the shot ASAP in 72-96 hours max after exposure for it to protect you - there are no studies showing it helps baby. I had about 120 spots and thought I was bad and my poor husband has nearly 600. He is doing better finally however! We have had so many friends and family praying for our baby - I am so thankful for the support. I probably would have had a breakdown if it was not for them and everyone here. My next ultrasound is on May 7th however this is just a reg one. My special follow up one is on June 5th - I cannot wait. Thanx again, Bon

Old 04-23-2003, 05:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kippy6 HB User
Bon Bon, make sure to add those dates to the dr. appts thread, and what the appts are for. That list is sooooo wonderful, and I do appreciate whoever started it, and also the people who are maintaining it. I'll be praying for continued good news on both US's. Sounds like your chickenpox outbreak has ended. But your poor hubby. Gracious...600 lesions??!! I'm sure he has been missing work...how much work has he missed? The only people I've ever seen w/chickenpox have had just a few spots. I can't even begin to imagine so many. Did your husband get a shot too? Is he almost over the contagious period, or is he still getting new spots?

Old 04-23-2003, 06:09 PM   #8

BonBon24 HB User
I will add those dates for sure. My husband is finally all "scabbed" over which means he is no longer contagious. He missed 2 days last week and 1 day this week which puts a damper on any extras this month but is VERY worth it because he is finally feeling better. He did not get the shot as it is very very expensive and is only used in high risk situations. Plenty of rest and fluids was his remedy! Bon

Old 04-24-2003, 08:02 AM   #9
Veteran

angelsen HB User
Hey bonbon,

I am sooo glad all is well with your baby and your child is developing properly!!! I pray all continues well for you!!!!!! I am glad your dh is over the worst part of it and no longer contagious too!!!

Kippy - your welcome for starting the list!! Thanks to Bellestar, Kellie and I think some others it has been maintained pretty well since I don't have the time anymore to pay close attention to it. I don't have a office really anymore here due to training so I am not the best on updating.

------------------
God Bless!!!!
It's a girl!!!!
Noelle Marie due 8/1

Old 04-24-2003, 08:10 AM   #10
Veteran

phillie2002 HB User
Nela is right, if you are ttc and have not had a child yet get checked for immunities. I had chicken pox when I was 8 so I knew I was immune to it. When I was pregnant with my son they checked my blood for everything & luckily I had all the right immunities but really wouldn't have been aware hadn't they done that. So it probably is a good idea to get checked BEFORE you get pregnant.

BonBon - that's great that your baby is doing fine. Glad DH is healing too...I know those itchy things are awful...I still have a scar on my eyebrow where I had a scab that I scratched the crap out of.

Phillie

Closed Thread