It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2003, 03:44 PM   #1
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Talking AngelHansen

Hi there... I saw your post on sleeping questions and I have a tip for you. I too, have suffered from excrutiating hip and sciatic nerve pain, and tend to end up on my back a lot while sleeping, which TOTALLY aggrevates the issue. I don't know about you, but the majority of my pain is on one side. (My right.) This is what I've found that works after many experiments. I take a pillow and put it under my right hip, then I roll over and sleep on my left side. The pillow makes me more likely to stay on my left side, but if I do end up on my back, the cushioning of my pillow under my hip REALLY takes the the pressure off. Like you, I have to change sides through the night, so I just change the pillow when I change sides. This has been the only way I have been able to sleep for a few weeks! Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #2
Veteran

angelsen HB User
Thanks for the advice Siren!! Majority of my pain has been my right side too! I am breaking down and going to the chiropractor tomorrow. My hip is better but still my hips feel pretty off. I think I may have pulled a muscle or something too in my inner thigh area! Fun, fun! Oh well it's sooooo worth it all!!!!

My little girl kicked so hard a minute ago it actually made me jump!!

------------------
God Bless!!!!
It's a girl!!!!
Noelle Marie due 8/1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2003, 11:55 AM   #3
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
I am so with you girl!!! My lower right side of my back and hip and right leg hurts all the time. I literally have to turn over every hour during the night. I have also found that laying on your left side with your right leg proped up on something high like a stack of pillows (I use my DH) really helps that area. I mean stack it high not just a pillow between the knees, like 4 pillows between the knees. Or prop it up on your hubby like I do.

Still for me I have to turn over after an hour to stop the burning pain in the left side.

I really feel like I might have a pinched the sciatic nerve. It hurts all the time, not just at night. But the pain is a lot worse when I lay down.

I dreamed last night that my baby was kicking so hard that I thought I was in labor. And everytime she kicked I would scream cause it hurt so bad. I wonder if she was really kicking hard and it made me dream that. When I woke up this morning she was kicking pretty good.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Closed Thread