DH and I have ttc for over a year. We have had every test in the book done including a lap. Everything looks fine. This month was our first month with 100mg of clomid and IUI (artificial insimination). A success story would be nice . . .
This probably will not help you a lot, but I had really bad stomach pains, and they did all sorts of tests. It ended up being scar tissue all around and in my tubes. I had not been TTC, but they said I would not be able to get pregnant. I was 29 (Sept 2002). So, my DH & I went to the invitro clinic here. I was lucky, I know one of the secretaries for one of the doctors, and she got me in a little early. They did the usual, and my eggs looked alright. Tested DH's sperm and said it was a bit low, so they would inject it directly into my eggs ($1000 extra). So, a month and a half later we were scheduled for the info session, they taught DH how to give me the injections, etc. Fun, fun. I then had to call with the first day of my cycle to start the whole process. I waited and waited, nothing came. I had to go in quickly to see if I was pregnant, and my god, I was! They have no idea how. It was scary because they knew it would be stuck in my tube because there was about a 1/million chance of the sperm being able to get through the scar tissue, but about 1/billion that the sperm and the egg together could get back to my uterus. It worked! All is well, and I am 17 weeks now.
I have learned that I can keep going long after I can't.
We're a success story of conceiving on our own after Years of ttc and I'm 39 and DH just turned 46! I think we're the poster child for it LOL! Here's how we did it, hope some of it might help out!!!
We ttc for years, no luck. So we did all the tests, first testing my eggs and all that, all was good. They thought I wasn't O'ing on my own so put me on Clomid 50 mg for several months, nothing happened, but horrible side effects. We tested DH's sperm count, it was great. Then last summer did an HSG on me, perfect. So we were just at a loss. Unexplained infertility! I was so down.
Then I learned how to chart my basal body temperature and read everything to find out all the things I could do to help us conceive. Here's the list:
1) Charted temps for several months everyday, realized I WAS O'ing on my own, just later than most women. Used OPK's to know exactly when.
2) Tracked cervical mucus to also know when I was most fertile and getting ready to O (ovulate).
3) Stopped caffeine entirely several months before we conceived.
4) Took Rx of Guifenisin (expectorant in regular Robitussin cough med) to thin my cervical mucus. Did this week or so before O. Dr. said it can be given to DH too, to thin his sperm. I had found out during HSG that I had a very tight cervix.
5) Timed intercourse, and laid with my hips/butt on a pillow for at least 1/2 hour afterwards to help the little guys swim. Even did the bicycle motions with legs to assist them LOL!
6) DH stopped all alcohol for several months prior to conceiving.
And...we finally conceived our first child on Christmas Eve. I knew by my temps when I O'd etc... We are ecstatic! I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and although considered high risk, for couple reasons beyond my age, baby and I are fine!
You didn't mention how old you are but if all tests came back fine you might want to try the steps above that really helped us after all those years. Much love and baby dust to you!!! Come join the TTC buddies and friends thread. I think they're on #96 now! We talk a lot!
Thanks girls for all your help. I think I have a tight cervix too. Even when we did the IUI, they had to use a tool to get through to my uterus. I am 25 and dh is 27. So we are young and I hope this works. Thanks for support!