It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2003, 03:47 PM   #1
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Hi there... my doc said that the reason they do the u/s at 20 wks is because everything is fully formed and the baby is still small enough and has plenty of room to move, making the "parts" alot easier to see. I too, just had an u/s at 28 weeks to check the placenta (today) and the doc couldn't see my baby's kidneys very well. However, at 20 weeks, the bladder and kidneys looked great, so he wasn't worried at all. I think the bigger and more crowded they get, it's a little less easier to view everything. Especially after they ball up and assume the fetal position. So, I'd say, if everything was fine at 20 weeks, everything is fine now. I'm sure they would have found a spinal problem if there was one at 20 weeks, just like my baby's kidney's wouldn't dissapear! Try not to worry.

Old 04-24-2003, 05:19 PM   #2
Inactive

lil squirt HB User
I bet everything is just fine. Those Technicians are not allowed to tell you what they see. i went in for an ultra sound a couple of years ago because I didn't have an AF for 3 months. Found out I had Cysts on my right Overy. But she wouldn't say a word. Told me to call my Dr after he got the results. I left in tears because I didn't know what was going on. It's scary. But like siren24 said. If everything was fine at 20 weeks it should be fine now. I can't see anything shrinking.
Let us know how it goes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2003, 06:04 AM   #3
(female)

Starbuk498 HB User
BSharro,

Don't worry....and don't loose any sleep! Sometimes it is very very hard to see everything at that point....the baby is moving around so much and sometimes that happens. If everything was fine at 20 weeks......it will be fine now. So don't worry!

Remember that the baby is constantaly moving.....and sometimes there are shadows......don't fret!

You'll have another one and you'll find out that everything is fine........the baby was probably in a very playful mood that day and just didn't want to be coopertive!!!!!!!!

Regards and don't worry!

------------------
~Stefanie
IT'S A BOY!
~EDD 7/15/03~

[This message has been edited by Starbuk498 (edited 04-25-2003).]

Closed Thread