It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2003, 01:31 PM   #1

jojojen HB User
Post How close does early preg symptoms mimic AF?

I had another message on here but was wondering how close do the early symptoms of being pregnant (less than 14dpo) come to AF?

I've seen some messages where people say that they are very similar but how similar exactly? Today I am almost positive AF is going to arrive and I can really feel it but at the same I can't explain the other symtoms I have.

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

Old 04-24-2003, 01:53 PM   #2
Inactive

lil squirt HB User
I have read many many places about symptoms. ALOT of ladies have said that they were convinced that AF was going to show up but never did. That is how exact they CAN feel. But everyone is different. Alot of ladies just KNOW that are PG.
I have not had the pleasure of being PG YET. But I hope to soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2003, 02:53 PM   #3
(female)

Jules211 HB User
For me it was exactly the same, during the time I would have had PMS, and got a little worse when I would normally have had AF... sore breasts, cramps, bloating, etc. The cramps do go away, but sore breasts and bloating continue unfortunately!

Old 04-24-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

mommarican HB User
Hi jojojen! I wish there was a simple answer for your question....I have it too (it seems like every month)UGGHHH! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif My DH and I have been TTC since last August and every time the 2 week wait comes up, I "feel" like I'm pg, even though I have never had the chance to be pg...Anyhow, today is CD 27 and I hope AF stays AWAY!!!!!!!

Autumn, can I use your stick to chase that creep away!!! LOL!

Old 04-24-2003, 06:03 PM   #5

Trac y HB User
Welcome to the boards!

I just found out on Tuesday night that I was pregnant.

My symptoms were the usual AF symptoms. For me, I spot here and there before AF shows up. For the past 2 months my bb's started to hurt a few days before AF was due, that was new. Last Sunday was supposed to be the start of my period. So, that Saturday and Sunday, I think I spotted just a bit and had very strange bowel habbits along with alot of gas (sorry if that is TMI) The bowel thing kind of set me off. I also had weird cramping going back and forth near my ovaries; it wasn't the normal "crampy" feeling I usually get when I am due for an AF.

Tuesday night was test night. I got a faint line. I tested 2 other times to make sure. Wednesday, I started to feel queezy in my tummy and started to make more trips to the bathroom, and continue to do so! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

That's my story. Best of luck to you!!!

Old 04-25-2003, 10:27 AM   #6

jojojen HB User
Well AF is due tomorrow so I guess not long to wait. I will post back with my result!

Thanks all!

Old 04-25-2003, 02:09 PM   #7

jojojen HB User
Well I took a test 5 mins ago and got a faint line. BUT, it seems like I got my period too (not as heavy as normal). I am going to get another test.

Is this possible? Am I pregnant?

Old 04-25-2003, 02:22 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User
HI

Old 04-25-2003, 02:26 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User
Okay, just testing this out! Jojojen, I thought for sure, early this month that I was pregnant. Unfortunatly I wasn't. I had every symptom, you could think of. I was even 5 days late. Then she showed up. So I would atest to the rest and say, they are so similiar. DEpends on the woman of course. I think today is O day, because I am happy alot of wet CM, so bding today, I think.

But, I hope that the line is a positive for you. We need more preggies here.

++++ A bowl of babydust to you! +++++++++++

Old 04-26-2003, 12:07 PM   #10

moni1 HB User
After I went off the pill my periods were really wierd. They all started with spotting, then the spotting would go away, then there would be nothing for a few days, and AF would come. Well, I had been spotting for like 3 weeks and AF never came, I even took a preg test during this time and it was negative. I went to see my internest because of my palpitations (I have an arrhythmia) and to see if it had anything to do with this "wierd period" I was having. She decided to start with a pregnancy test and it turned out positive. I spotted for like another week after that too.
Babe #2 c-section 11/06

Closed Thread