It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2003, 07:03 PM   #1
Veteran

kellie1978 HB User
Smile September bubs (5)

Hi everyone,

How are we all doing today? It's been a while since the last thread.

I hope all of you are feeling well. Any updates anywhere?

I had a dizzy spell yesterday and fell over while i was in a shopping centre....i was so embarassed. I couldn't believe it because it hasn't happened to me before.

I still feel tired a fair bit and have trouble getting all the housework done but if BF can't put up with it i said that he can just go and do it all himself!!!

Well i will leave it at that for the time being - get to posting for me i want to see how you are all doing.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif

------------------
Kellie
EDD Sept 1st
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2003, 07:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crystalll HB User
I hope you're feeling better after your spill yesterday!

I've been suffering from bloating and gas pain the last few nights. Anybody have any advice on what I can do/take to relieve this? Obviously it was a HUGE mistake to eat a plateful of broccoli for supper!
Other than that I'm doing great.

Hope everyone is well.

Crystal
EDD: Sept 6th

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2003, 08:58 PM   #3

lmeckman HB User
Hi all! Sorry to hear about your dizzy spell Kellie. What do you think caused it? Maybe too much shopping!
I am doing well feeling the baby move when Evan and I sing. I can't wait to see how he will be with the baby.
Have you all had your U/S? I think most of our group is planning out the sex...I'm sorry if you had posted and I am forgetting. If you know do you have names picked out?
Take Care, Larissa

------------------
edd of baby #2 9/21/03 (my son Evan's Birthday!)

Old 04-22-2003, 10:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
Hey Ladies!
I too had a dizzy spell at work yesterday! Maybe it's just a monday thing! LOL. All of the sudden I was shaking and sweating and was just so hot. I had to hang onto the counter at my till (i was at work) until my eyes cleared. It was scary! I didn't fall down however.

I have been eating brocolli and cheese like there is no tommorow! And no brocolli toots! LOL. Pre-pregnancy if I ate even a tiny bit of brocolli, WHOO WATCH OUT! But now I am craving it all the time and it doesn't do anything to my digestive tract.

I felt the baby move for the first time on Saturday! What a great feeling! I haven't felt it since then that I can really distinguish between movement and just a growly stomach. But saturday, it was unmistakable! So exciting!

I've been feeling a lot better. I'm still a bit tired but my appetite is in full force. But no matter how much or what I eat, no weight gain yet! I lost that 15 lbs in the 1st trimester but haven't gained any back. I'm sure it'll sneak up on me and bite me in the ars though! LOL.

Anyways, take care ladies, and hope all the gas and indigestion goes away!

PS. I take mylanta when I have gas or acid reflux! It helps me!

Angela
EDD 9/21

Old 04-23-2003, 09:19 AM   #5
Veteran

LadyLight HB User
Hi Ladies,

Sorry to hear about your dizzy spell Kellie and Babygrant. Yes, I get them too from time to time and mostly when I get up too fast I think. Have to watch it when you change positions. I feel that way when I've been shopping in store for awhile too, like I just need to sit down. Probably cuz of all the extra blood we're pumping.

Lots has happened here: Did our Level 2 u/s, because of our age, and it was great! Baby measured perfect and weighed 7 oz which is exactly perfect (week 1/2 ago). Then had results of genetic tests come back and all looked really good per our Dr. What a relief!

We couldn't tell sex of baby...wouldn't cooperate. So maybe at my next Level 2 u/s which is in May. I'm considered high risk so I've had many u/s, which is great to see the baby and heartbeat often. I feel blessed in that way.

Had a scare last week...I started spotting, at 4 1/2 months. At first Dr. thought it may have just been from sex, irritated cervix, but got checked out last Friday. It was more than that. There's a tiny blood clot of old blood inside my cervix that is just dissolving, and since I'm on the blood thinner (2 shots a day) that's contributing to it releasing. So spotting is very sparse and light and she'll check me out again next Tuesday at my regular visit. Praying all continues well.

I'm still tired, have gained a few pounds after I put back all the weight I'd lost from horrible m/s. All seems to be in my tummy.

I feel the baby move often and that's been great. Now DH wants to get the baby to move all the time too, geesh!

Kellie - don't worry about the house cleaning. Mine's a mess too! I just can't seem to get as much done anymore, like I'm really slow or something.

Larissa - wonderful that baby moves when you sing. How exciting! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Little ones can begin to hear us now, that's awesome.

Babygrant - great on the broccoli. I've never liked it myself and haven't been able to eat any vegetables since pg, just all the normal things in salads etc...

Must run, work to do. Let's keep this post going shall we? It's good to stay close. We all will miss Carmen and send her and her family loving prayers.

L & J (1st baby EDD 9/15/03)

Old 04-23-2003, 12:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

crystalll HB User
Smile

Hi All,

I still haven't had the big u/s yet. Our health care system only allows for one u/s per pregnancy. I was supposed to get mine at 19 weeks, but I had one at 9 weeks because I was really concerned. My doctor told me he would give me another one in a few weeks or so anyway. We would like to know the sex of the baby, but more than anything would like to know that everything is okay.
Angela - I've been craving brocolli and cheese all along and haven't had any problems until lately. I skipped my pre-natal vitamin today, so hopefully that will help straighten my stomach out. But last night I couldn't believe how BLOATED I was. I thought I was going to explode!lol
I've been feeling the baby move as well. Right now it's really sporadic. Occasionally you can feel it from the outside, but my husband is never quick enough to get his hand there on time!

By the way, to my fellow Canadian preggies - I just found out that Old Navy is selling maternity clothes. The one in my area started selling them 2 months ago. I don't know if it's the same across Canada, but I was sure excited! Much better priced than the specialty shops.

Take care!

Crystal
EDD: Sept 6th

Old 04-23-2003, 01:09 PM   #7

Soulstice HB User
Ohhh nice, just when I was going to go searching for some maternity clothes- Old Navy would be perfect, good price! thanks!
I haven't felt as much movement the last 2 days as I am used to, which scared me a little, but after reading alot of other women saying that's normal, I'm doing great.
I can't wait for my ultrasound on the 8th!!!
It's such an amazing day out, think I'll go for a walk soon. Bye!

Old 04-23-2003, 01:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I go for my ultrasound tommorow at 12:30! Yay! Won't find out the sex though, it'll be a surprise! But haven't had an u/s since 10 weeks so I'm sure the pics are alot more clear! Yay!! Anyways, I'll let yall know how it goes tommorow!

Angela
EDD 9/21

Old 04-23-2003, 05:48 PM   #9

Tiff Tiff HB User
I get my ultra sound one week from tomorow !! I am really excited, and then that weekend my family and i are going to the shore. My midwife said i should probably feel the baby move by my next appointment, but i have not felt anything yet. I am 18.5 weeks. I dont even feel things that i think might be the baby, so i dunno.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:23 PM   #10
Veteran

kellie1978 HB User
Smile

Crystal - good to hear you are doing well, hmmm too much broccoli eh?? lol And as for your healthcare system, it sucks only allowing one U/S. We can have as many as we really want as long as we have the referral from our doctor. We have to pay for the first one and everyone after that is covered by the health system.

larissa - isn't is a wonderful feeling when the baby moves to something that you love too - especially when you sing.... i sing all the time and when it is a song that i love - she seems to love it too and starts moving!!! lol either that or she is telling me my singing is bad!! he he he....

Not sure what caused the dizzy spell - could be that i had been pushing myself too much in the last week or so, been working still full time and doing a lot of overtime at home too. It hasn't happened again so that is a great sign

Angela - great to hear that you are feeling well too. Take it easy and hopefully the dizzy doesn't return either.

Ladylight - great that the baby is going so well, and getting to see your little one more often truly is something that a lot of others would envy too I hope all stays well with your blood clot too.

Soulstice - welcome to the boards, i hope you enjoy it here.

Tiff Tiff - Don't stress too much about not feeling the baby - you may be feeling it and not really knowing. All of a sudden you will get the kicking, punching etc and you will be able to enjoy it real soon.

Well it really seems to be flying along for us all now huh. I am 21 weeks 4 days now - i can't believe it.

I really wish that i could get in touch with you guys off these boards and we could swap pics etc. Maybe we could think of something that we could put to the moderator so that it can be done..... hmmmm....start thinking ladies.

------------------
Kellie
EDD Sept 1st
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 04-23-2003, 08:47 PM   #11

lmeckman HB User
Its so great to see us lazy Sept Mom's posting! I would love it if we had more posts!

Angela, how funny is it that we are due on the same day and will wait to find out the sex. I can't wait to see how it will turn out for us.

LadyLight, the really fun part about singing to my baby is that I am singing the same songs I sang to Evan and he sings with me. Do you know the Chicken Soup with Rice book? That was made into a song by Carol King in the late 70's. A favorite of mine as a child.

Kellie, isn't it great to feel her move when you sing! Keep it up, she will probably love them after she is born. It worked great with Evan. Thanks so much for keeping us Sept. Moms in touch.

Larissa

------------------
edd of baby #2 9/21/03 (my son Evan's Birthday!)

Old 04-24-2003, 07:45 AM   #12

Soulstice HB User
Goodmorning!

What a beautiful day outside! I'm going to a few job interviews today & I write my final exam of my college career! I got a sweet message from my boyfriend this morning, which of course made me smile ear to ear - I miss him so much. Went to Old Navy last night & picked up some comfortable clothes finally! Feels so good, they had some cute maternity stuff as well , thanks for the tip! I found out yesterday I missed my ultrasound My Dr left the wrong message!!! So I get to go on Tuesday!!!!!! Have a wonderful day everyone.

Old 04-24-2003, 11:01 AM   #13
Inactive

dingo_102 HB User
Hey guys. Good to hear everyone is doing okay!! My big U/S is on Monday. I am very excited...but very nervous about the whole full bladder thing! I have a tendency to go when I sneeze and such, so I am worried about that.
My DF is taking me back to my fav restaurant again this weekend and I can't wait.
I think I am feeling the baby move. I feel strange little bubbles from time to time. Sometimes I feel them all day and sometimes I won't feel them at all for a day. Is that normal movement?
Well hope you all have a great weekend! Take care,

april
9/19

Old 04-24-2003, 11:44 AM   #14
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
OHhhhhhhhhhhh full bladders drive me insane!! It's 10:43 am, and my u/s is at 12:30 and I've started "collecting" already, but I need to go pee!!! LOL. I could probably drink a glass of water at 12:20 and I'd have a full bladder by 12:30! As long as no sneezes or coughs or bad giggles come, I'll be okay! LOL.

Angela
EDD 9/21

Old 04-24-2003, 12:40 PM   #15
Inactive

dingo_102 HB User
Angela--I am already thinking of ways to get by with going to the bathroom...(hee-hee). I really know that I shouldn't and I am gonna try like heck not too but with me sometimes it's literally unbearable and painful if I don't get to go when I need to. I'm like you--I could drink a glass of water ten minutes before I go in and I would be dying to use the bathroom before they called me in. 2 hours & 32oz. water= **shudder** he he
Hope all goes well today!

april
9/19

Closed Thread