It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2003, 08:04 PM   #1

Pachmayr HB User
Question Missing period first month off of pill?

Hello,

My husband and I decided that I should stop taking birth control pills, so last month I did just that. I have read that sometimes women miss a period or two while coming off of the pill. Have you heard this before? I am five days late and it is my first month off the pill. I am doubting that we are pregnant given that we tried to time it so that we wouldn't be, but 5 days late is longer than I've ever had a late period. I am confused! If we are pregnant, that's cool -- if we're not, that's ok too. I am going to take a pregnancy test if I don't start by Saturday, but until then - has anyone else missed periods when going off of the pill? Just curious. Thanks!

Old 04-23-2003, 08:40 PM   #2

kristi9101 HB User
HI,
I GOT OFF OF THE PILL AND HAD A VERY LATE PERIOD. MY CYCLES VERY VERY IRREGULAR WHEN I GOT OFF. I THOUGHT I WAS PREGNANT ALSO BUT I WAS JUST ALL OFF SCHEDULE. THET SAY IT CAN TAKE AT LEAST 3 MONTHS TO GET PREGNANT WHEN YOU GET OFF DEPENDING HOW LONG YOU TOOK IT FOR. IT IS POSSIBLE YOU COULD BE PREGNANT IF YOU GOT OFF AT THE RIGHT TIME. HOPE THIS INFO HELPS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2003, 08:51 PM   #3
Veteran

kellie1978 HB User
I know that many women have very irregular cycles after coming off birth control but on the other hand, i stopped taking the pill and got pg straight away, i thought my period was late because of the change and i didn't think anything of it until i missed the second one - the whole time i was pg.

------------------
Kellie
EDD Sept 1st
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 04-24-2003, 04:06 AM   #4
(female)

Mjmoon HB User
When you get off the pill your body goes haywire. You could very well be pregnant because "timing" isn't all that reliable when you stop taking the pill. Your body could have ovulated a couple of days after you stopped taking it or you could have ovulated two days ago. You may not have ovulated at all yet which is why you haven't started so be careful if pregnancy is not what you desire.

I've known people to take a year or two after the pill to get pregnant.. but then my neighbor has a 10 month old baby that was conceived the month she quit taking it so you just never know.

Good luck!

Old 04-24-2003, 05:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

caperbutterfly HB User
I stopped he pill and 4 days later I had a 4 day period, so everybody is different.
DS 10

M/C 10 years
M/C Aug 2003
M/C Feb 2004

Old 04-24-2003, 07:52 AM   #6
Veteran

angelsen HB User
Well like it was said everyone is different. I did however also get pg the first cycle of the pill!! Needless to say we were a bit shocked that it happened that quick, but absolutely excited!!!!!!! So you may be or your cycle is haywire. Were you pretty regular before going on the pill?

Hope all works out for you and let us know when you find out either way, o.k.?!

------------------
God Bless!!!!
It's a girl!!!!
Noelle Marie due 8/1

Old 04-26-2003, 04:25 AM   #7

Pachmayr HB User
Hi everyone! Thanks for your replies. It turns out I finally did start my period -- just 6 days late. But oh boy, is it here and with a vengeance. I'd forgotten that when I went on the pill my periods lightened up somewhat -- but apparently they are going back to the way they were. Ugh... Anyway, thanks again for your replies. Prior to going on the pill my cycle was generally around 30 days -- but this one was ~35. Maybe after a while it will average out back to the 30 day cycle. We'll see. It's weird how the body works!

Old 04-27-2003, 12:01 AM   #8

jengirliegirl HB User
Talking

Your message was so interesting! I have also just stopped taking the pill and am currently about 4 days late. I'm not sure if it is the because of discontinuing the pill or possibly pregnancy. It makes sense that it is probably just late, but there is always that "what if" in my head. I am also worried about it coming back "with a vengeance"! My periods were horrible before the pill which is why I have been on it for SOOO many years. Still, I think we all have that fear that maybe it will be difficult to get pregnant. I will have to wait and see if it comes or not...

Old 04-27-2003, 10:27 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

caperbutterfly HB User
Hey, alot of us are doing the same thing, throughing away birth control. I stopped mine aroung the first week of April and b'ded since. My first son was result of taking birthcontrol (I guess I must have missed a few), my second was not long after I stopped either. I hoping this will be the same, I will know next weekend so keep your fingers crossed for me. On another note, I'm finding my sex drive went crazy since I stopped them, that's a bonus as well. I'll never want to start them again, lol. Good luck to all of you.
Cheers
DS 10

M/C 10 years
M/C Aug 2003
M/C Feb 2004

Old 03-04-2004, 04:34 PM   #10

ErinLovesBrian HB User
Re: Missing period first month off of pill?

I stopped taking the pil last December, and it is now March and still no period... although I took a HPT and it was negative... so I really dont know?

Old 03-04-2004, 07:24 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Angela4 HB User

That happened to me both times I got off the pill. It took about 2 months for me to have a normal period again. It's normal!!

Old 03-05-2004, 03:02 AM   #12
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User

hi,
i just stopped taking the pill about three weeks ago and haven't gotten a period yet...but i'm due to get one until the 16th...this post kinda puts questions in my head too...when my hubby left for basic in june, i quit taking the pill in july and then started again in november...now i'm off till we have kids...so i'm wondering if the pill might go out of my system quicker since i had that huge lapse in taking it...
April-may you always dance with the angels above

Old 03-05-2004, 10:21 AM   #13
(female)

ngolden HB User

I missed 6 periods after stopping the pill!!! IT IS VERY COMMON! I worried but now I'm 8 weeks pregnant . I never got my period again after stopping the pill too lol (DH got the first eggie that came out).

Old 03-05-2004, 11:01 AM   #14

Amarie80 HB User

Since everyone is going off the pill (I did in October) are you all TTC? If not what other BC methods are you using? I found you have to really be on the ball and consistant or you will be pregnant!!

Old 03-05-2004, 11:20 AM   #15
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User

we are trying to conceive
April-may you always dance with the angels above

Closed Thread