It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2003, 03:40 PM   #1
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Thumbs down Just got back from hospital....

I had been bothered last night and this morning by horrible sharp, stabbing bladder pains accompanied by urine leakage. I called the doc who sent me to Labor and Delivery because he thought I may have a serious bladder infection. I'm telling you, I was doubled over, almost in tears. At the hospital, they put me on the monitor (baby looked great, no contractions.) and ran a catheter (OUCH!!) to check my urine. Checked my cervix. Everything came back fine. Strange huh? Then they decided to give me a quicky u/s, and there was my little stinker (breech, as most of you know) having a grand old time kicking me in and rolling all over my bladder.... cute huh? The good news is, no infection. The bad news is, there is no cure for a trouble making kid!!! So, who knows how long I'll have to deal with this before he decides to flip. AGHHHHHH! It's so painful and frustrating, I could really scream! Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2003, 06:35 PM   #2

fntsyangel HB User
Oh, you poor girl! That is just horrible! Only Kai ever KICKED me in the bladder, as he was the only one ever breech long enough to do it ... but ye gods it was awful! Sending you some ***TURN BABY*** vibes so there will be no more bladder kicks!

------------------
Angel, et al

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2003, 08:33 AM   #3
Veteran

LadyLight HB User
Hi Siren,

This is my first time pg so I can only imagine what you're going through right now, but I did read something yesterday i thought I'd share. It was in my Fit Pregnancy magazine about using music and watching babies in the womb follow it, also could be used to help babies turn. Interesting.

They've now done studies to show that if you've been singing certain songs to baby, playing certain tapes/cd's etc... to baby, that if you play those songs on a certain side of belly (or near pelvis) that baby turns their head to listen to/follow the music. I thought this was fascinating. Now I know they've always recommended playing music and talking to baby, and DH and I are now starting to do that for ours since I'm at 19 weeks now. It's worth a shot!

So if you have some songs baby likes then maybe keep playing them down near pelvis really low and see if he turns. You may already know this and have tried it, but thought I'd share the info.

Wishing he tons of 'turning baby' vibes too and praying you get out of pain soon. You poor dear, it must be so painful and uncomfortable. Sending much love.

L & J (baby EDD 9/15/03)

Old 04-27-2003, 03:30 PM   #4
(female)

Jules211 HB User
Dylan did that to me also for a while... it is painful and I feel for you!

Old 04-28-2003, 07:27 AM   #5
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
How do you know that the baby is breech without an ultrasound. I know they found yours through ultrasound, but how am I suppose to know if Chloe is breech?

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 04-28-2003, 08:39 AM   #6
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Well, I feel a majority of the kicking movement WAY down low, above my pubic bone and pelvis, so that's one clue. I mean, I get poked and punched, but I can tell the difference. Plus, I knew he was still breech before my last u/s because I can feel his head right up under my rib cage. I think it may be easier to feel if you're naturally thin, but if you take your hands and poke around the top of your abdomen, at this point, you should be able to feel the baby. The head will be really hard, round, and obvious. The butt is softer. And if you put one hand on either side of the baby part your feeling, and gently push back and forth, you can feel the head moving at the neck, it sort of bounces back and forth between your hands. If you have a butt, this will tend not to move as easily, or feel like it's moving the baby's whole body. I researched some of this online last night. This is the same way a doctor would palpitate your abdomen to check the baby's position.

[This message has been edited by siren24 (edited 04-28-2003).]

Closed Thread