It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2003, 05:58 AM   #1

sweetmelf HB User
Talking Playing hide and seek and giving me the scare of my life!

I went for my 16 weeks appointment on wednesday morning. I wasn't able to post before because my server was down for some reason. I just wanted to post about the scare I had at my appointment. First of all, I gained 6 pounds since my last appointment at 9 weeks (for a total of 8 since I got pregnant, went from 114-122), but that's about right for me if I compare it to what I had gained with the girls around he same time.

Then the doctor asked me how many weeks I was, I said 16. She then checked to see if it was accurate on her pregnancy wheel. She asked me if I could feel the baby move yet (since it's my third) and I said yes, but I added that I hadn't felt the baby move in 2-3 days now.
While we were talking, she took her doppler out and tried to listen to the baby's heartbeat. She couldn't find it!!! Oh my, the thoughts that came to my mind...That never happened to me with my last two. As the minutes went by, I could see on her face that she was getting worried. She even took my pulse to try to see if the faint noise she could hear was my heartbeat or the baby's heartbeat...it was mine!

She continued to look for the baby and she finally found the heartbeat, but two seconds later, she lost it again. So she moved the doppler over my belly again and she was able to locate it again. She then lost it once again and had to find it for a third time in order to make sure the heartbeat was normal and the get the heartrate. Let me tell you guys, I was so scared, considering that it had been 2-3 days since the last time I had felt my baby move! My DH wasn't with me because he had to stay in the waiting room with our two girls (the exam room are small at my doctor's office and there wasn't enough room for the kids in there).

After she was able to get a reading for the heartrate, she started laughing and said that the baby was moving a lot, that's why she had a hard time finding the heartbeat (even when she found it, he/she moved twice again). The baby was just having a great time playing hide and seek with the doctor. Well, at least I can say that I have a healthy baby. I was so relieved when she told me that everything was perfect and that she would see me again in 4 weeks.

I am going for my big u/s in 3 weeks and I can't wait to know that everything is in its place and that the baby is healthy! We really want to find out what we are having too so I hope that the baby will spread those legs. Please everybody send me some blue vibes. This is our last baby and we already have two girls, so we would love a boy this time.

I hope everyone is havig a great day!

Belly rubs,

Sweetmelf(EDD 10-08-2003)

[This message has been edited by sweetmelf (edited 04-25-2003).]
and baby #3, Alyssa Drew EDD 10-08
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2003, 06:47 AM   #2
Veteran

angelsen HB User
Talking

Hey there Sweetmelf,

I am soooo sorry to hear about the scare you had to go through! I know all too well what that is like! My little girl too did that to me once. The doc took about 15 minutes to try to get the heartbeat and she kept moving, which I know is a good sign, but still it makes you nervous. She finally brought me in and gave me a quick u/s. My little girl was looking directly at the machine and I could see her little eyes!! I think we may both be having stinkers!!

I pray all goes well with your big u/s and that your little baby spreads them legs and that it is very obvious what you are having!!! Blue vibes your way!!!!!!!

"Sweetmelf's baby, you behave like I did for my mom & dad, o.k.!!!!!! Spread those legs!!!!!!" says Noelle.

------------------
God Bless!!!!
It's a girl!!!!
Noelle Marie due 8/1

Old 04-25-2003, 06:55 AM   #3
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
I bet you were scarred rto death wernt you?
I always am when i dont feel any movement in a few days or even hours sometimes. then when you do its reassuring.glad you hear they finally heard the h/b and put your mind at ease.

------------------
EDD-AUGUST 15
baby boy # 3

Old 04-25-2003, 07:11 AM   #4

sweetmelf HB User
Angelhansen,

Tell Noelle that it was very sweet of her and I hope that him/her will listen to your little girl. Thanks! I guess that we are having two little stinkers!

Eeyore, yes I was scared to death! I hope that I never have to go through this again. Glad to hear that I am not the only one that gets worried very easily!

Thanks girls!
Sweetmelf (EDD 10-08-2003)
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 04-25-2003, 07:39 AM   #5
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Hi Sweetmelf, I'm going for an exam this afternoon and, as always, have fears that they won't find the heartbeat. I haven't even had a scare and I'm nervous about it, so I guess it's pretty normal. I'm really glad everything turned out well for you. Hope to hear what you're having in a few weeks.

Old 04-25-2003, 07:57 AM   #6
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
I bet that was scary. I would have been screaming for an U/S. I'm glad everything worked out.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 04-25-2003, 07:59 AM   #7
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Sweetmelf - imagine going through that EVERY STINKING TIME!! I am 26 weeks and that is what my son does everytime!!!!! My experience is so much like yours! I have 2 girls and this is my third. I did not feel him for a few days to a week because I was 16 weeks like you and so the movements were not like they are now. So I, too, feared that same thing!! I took minutes! Not seconds like it usually does to get the heartbeat. Now he cannot fool us because while she is checking I can feel him playing "dodge the doppler"! So, see it gets better even if they cannot find it at first because you can feel them literally "dodging the doppler".

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Old 04-25-2003, 08:19 AM   #8

sweetmelf HB User
Thank you all for your kind words. I am so happy that everything turned out to be just fine. I was so scared! I think I worry more with this pregnancy than I did with my two previous ones.

Thank you all for sharing your personal stories with me.
Kmc, I hope that your appointment will go well and that your little one will cooperate more than mine did on wednesday! Good luck!

Momofa4yrold, I would have asked for an ultrasound too if she woudn't have been able to find the heartbeat! There is no way I would have left without knowing for sure that my baby was ok. I am so glad that everything is ok.

Lovelyme, I can't wait to be able to feel the baby really kick, that way even if he/she's playing hide and seek again I'll know the baby is ok. Poor you, having to go through that everytime. I know how scary that is and I hope I won't have to experience this again.

Anyone craving new things these days? I can't get enough of olives these days. I go through a jar in two days!

Take care,

Sweetmelf (edd 10-08-2003)

[This message has been edited by sweetmelf (edited 04-25-2003).]
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 04-25-2003, 03:15 PM   #9
Inactive

siren24 HB User
I know exactly how you feel... my little one pulled this on me at 11 1/2 weeks. The doctor could get nothing. He did an immediate transvaginal u/s, and there was the little stinker, dancing, waving arms, and bouncing around like a little pinball with his heart thumping along at a healthy 177 bpm!

Marie, it also took my doc several minutes each time to find my little one's heartbeat. It's a scary few minutes, everytime it happens. LOL... dodge the doppler. That's so cute. You should've seen little Cal punching, kicking, rolling, and sucking his thumb at my u/s yesterday. I know an active baby is a healthy baby, but I sure wish they didn't feel like they had to scare the pee out of us everytime we set foot in the doc's office!

Old 04-27-2003, 04:44 AM   #10

catnedward HB User
WOW, what a mover you've got in there!

Old 04-28-2003, 08:06 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Sweetmelf,

Glad to hear everything is fine with your little one! I can imagine how scared you must have been because it happened to me a couple weeks ago. It took my Dr. awhile to find the heartbeat, and of course that sent me into a complete panic!

But once she found it, it was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Closed Thread