It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2003, 12:29 PM   #1

AlwaysMe HB User
Exclamation Has anyone ever heard anything like this?

Hi all,

I have a really crazy story, tell me if any one of you has ever experienced anything like this.It's a long letter guys bear with me.

I found out in December that I was pregnant, very early pregnancy(less than a month), I was having some bleeding(very light), so I went to the hospital, they tested me and my Hcg level was 18, so they told me to follow up with a doctor in two days. In a couple of days I go to my doctor and he test me(blood)for pregnancy, it came back positive with a Hcg level of 45, the doctor says yes you're definitely pregnant and don't worry too much about the bleeding.

Okay so a few days after the bleeding completely stops and everything is going fine, every visit to the doctor's office they test me(urine) and it always came out positive. My uterus measurements are fine, everything's fine.

so I go for my 12 week checkup and, again, everything is fine, except my doctor can't hear the heartbeat, she say's it's early yet and not to worry.

A week later I get some light bleeding, I go to the hospital out of worry and they tell me, that I'm not pregnant! My hcg level was zero! if I was pregnant I lost it at least two weeks to a month ago and that whatever happened, I'm definitely no longer pregnant.

I was completely devastated, I lost my baby and no one can tell me when or why or anything. There are so many questions I need answered, like, why in the hospital did the nurse tell me she heard a fetal heartbeat and that it was very steady and was approx. 140 beats per minute? then when they did an intervaginal ultrasound there was noting there? What did she hear? what in my body is beating at 140 beats per minute??? after the ultrasound she listens again and doesn't hear it, she say's oh it must've been you? REALLY?? at 140 bpm?? but she says there's even a fetal heartbeat registering on the monitor of her doppler, ???????????

I had no cramping, nothing came out, I didn't even bleed very much when I went to the hospital, I was just using a pantliner, nothing very dramatic.

I feel like I'm going crazy now because, my stomach is getting bigger, as are my breast, and I feel something moving in my belly, at first I thought that I had gas but I've never had gas for like, two weeks striaght. I keep wondering if I'm nuts, or if I'm having one of those pregnancies that's all in my mind and I'm making my own stomach swell.

Confused as hell,

AlwaysMe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2003, 12:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
Alwaysme,
Wow, this is very interesting. The only thing I can think of is that sometimes, in early pregnancy the mom's body can re-absorb the baby. This is often the case with multiple pregnancys, an early u/s will show more than one baby, than a later u/s will show only one baby.

Old 04-28-2003, 12:49 PM   #3

Evanescence HB User
Lightbulb

That is insane. What you really ought to do is make an appointment with the doctor you saw, get together ALL the documentation, and discuss the possibilities with him..if nothing else, to put your mind at ease. That's just what I would do. I'm sure he'll understand why you are so worried!!!

good luck!

------------------
"You have a boyfriend, and I have...a baby and a Ross!"--Rachel
EDD 12/22/03

Closed Thread