It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2003, 07:00 PM   #1
Veteran

wattagirl HB User
Smile july/august club

well since noone else is gonna do it i guess i will start a new one-where is everyone anyway-i had my 30 wk appt today-i told them that i didn't want to know anymore how much weight i've gained-just write it down and keep it to yourself-lol-she said the baby is still breach and i wonder when most babies turn-she said they don't worry until 37 wks but evaded my question-i think they teach them that in school-i start going every 2 wks now which is a pain to me -oh well-the countdown has begun

Old 04-23-2003, 05:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kippy6 HB User
Hi Wattagirl - I'll be thinking of you as you approach your 37th week. I hope your baby turns. My first baby was breech also, but I didn't find out about it until 2 weeks before the baby was due. I never thought to ask, and they never said, so I don't know if I had a breech baby all along or not.

Eeyore - Has your cramping subsided? I had cramping for about 4 -6 hours yesterday. I took tylenol at about 10am, and at 2pm the cramps started back again pretty bad. I took more tylenol, and I was fine from about 3:30 on. My cramping made me think of you...I hope you're doing better now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2003, 05:18 AM   #3
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
Yea! We are beginning the home stretch! Is it just me or does it seem like time has just flowen by? I think talking to you all makes time go by faster. I go back to the doctor May 6th for my 1 hour sugar test. Then I will start going every 2 weeks.

How was everyone's easter? We had a really good time. We always have a cook out at my Mom's house with the whole family. It is really nice. Everyone was trying to get me to paint my belly like an Easter egg but I wouldn't do it. I think for the 4th of July picknic I will come with my belly painted like a big watermellon and my T-shirt tucked under my bra with my belly showing.

I have been feeling really good lately. No cramping. Not really any fatigue. I just have back problems. I hope this continues till the end. My baby is really kicking now. Her daddy feels her everynight. My stomach just bounces all over the place.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 04-23-2003, 05:50 AM   #4

mirandattc6yrs HB User
wattagirl, hopefully your baby will turn..this is my 1st, but I think there is still time.

Momofa4yrold: I have to agree with you...time has just flown by. Seems like the babies will be here in no time. I just got one of the baby magazines, and they did a contest with pregnant belly painting, there were some cute designs.

The babies are kicking lots, Seems they love for daddy to touch them, they start running their hand across their daddy's. That is just what it feels like.

------------------
Best Wishes to All!!
Miranda
Twin Boys!! edd 8/14/2003
25yrs & dh 27yrs
6/25/03
25yrs & dh 27yrs

Old 04-23-2003, 08:32 AM   #5
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Hi to the girls and Chris! How is everyone doing today? I'm great. I have a prenatal massage this afternoon and I am looking SOOO forward to getting rid of this back and butt ache! I have gained another 5 lbs. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get this off. That puts me at 25 lbs from prepregnancy weight. How much weight gain is normal for the 3rd trimester? I have heard this is when you gain the most. I'm only at 28 weeks. I really don't look that big, though, except in my belly. Everyone has been telling me I look great.
I've had a new development with the little one over the last few days. Instead of localized kicks and jabs, I'm feeling those huge all over movements of him changing position. DH and I even watched my belly change shape this morning, and a little hand or foot or something going back and forth. It was really cool.
I have an appointment tomorrow with another u/s! Lets all pray for my placenta!
We're really hoping that it's fixed, because DH is supposed to be shipping out any time between now and the end of May, and we haven't been able to have sex in over 2 months.
Hope everyone's just doing wonderfully!! Have a great day!

Oh... how do I edit my profile thing and make a signature? I tried just by going back in under the profile thing and adding it, but nothing's showing up when I post!

[This message has been edited by siren24 (edited 04-23-2003).]

[This message has been edited by siren24 (edited 04-23-2003).]

Old 04-23-2003, 08:43 AM   #6
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Siren - -YOU COW!! KIDDING!!!!!!!! You are fine. You can gain as much as 35 pounds safely. AND the rest of your weight will mainly be baby and boobs!! YAY BOOBS I cannot WAIT!!!!!

Wattagirl - Medical school lesson number 58, "Now class, today we are going to learn about being EVASIVE......" Totally hear ya!!!!!!!

Eeyore - Hey crampy mama!! I hope things are just practice cramps. Like me though, it's like, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH PRACTICE!!! And in labor situations practice usually DOES NOT make perfect. I hope it's just pregnancy achers for ya and nothing serious or nothing "cereal" as my toddler would put it.

Miranda - I sware I could compete with you for belly growth and I am only having ONE!!!!!!!

Angel, Chris, where are you!! Hi VAL!!

Kelly - Since you are on aches and pains vacation....here....take my crotch pressure and my waddle!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! I am really glad that you are feeling good. Unfortunately my honeymoon phase is over.

I, too, feel this is flowing fast. Course we'll see how fast it flows literally when my water breaks.

I sware we were just griping about 8 and 9 week cramping and m/s!!

P.S. Never go to or throw a LUAU when showing! Hawaiian print looks like a Hawaiian threw up on you!!!!!!! By daughter's party Saturday is a Luau. Great idea....MARIE!!!

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

[This message has been edited by lovelyme (edited 04-23-2003).]

Old 04-23-2003, 08:44 AM   #7
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
Good morning.
yes my cramping is better now but im still haveing some but its let up a little. I hate you here you KIPPY are cramping also but im glad im not alone. i guess its just our bodys preparing for birth.As for breech with both my pg. I was until just before delivery I dont know why but they always turned around at the last miniute.
I have some horrible heartburn and acid comming up my doc. said I can take over the counter ZANTAC 75 so i did yesterday and it did wonders for me.
other than that i feel pretty good not looking to being pg in the upcomming summer hot months I have a feeling its going to be a hot one this year.

------------------
EDD-AUGUST 15
baby boy # 3

Old 04-23-2003, 10:56 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
Hi everybody.

Eeyore, glad to here cramping is gone. I'm not looking forward to the summer months either. This will be my first time being due in the summer so it will be new to me.

Marie,
Its funny you said that about the Luau. We just went to a Luau themed party a few weeks ago, and it was not fun finding something to wear. Luckily, I wasn't as big yet as I am now.

Siren,
Hope to hear some good news about your placenta.

I have to say, I don't think I would be willing to have my belly painted... Last time I was pregnant, my OB told me that a lady came in on Halloween and her belly was painted like a pumpkin!

Well, I just wanted to pop in and say "hi"!

Old 04-23-2003, 12:03 PM   #9

Epiphany HB User
Hello all! Time really is flying by isn't it? I can't beleive I will be 31 weeks here pretty soon. I too have gained about 24 lbs, and of course they tell me that is WAY too much for being 30 weeks along. *sigh* I really havn't gained anywhere other than my belly. Which is just beautiful now. I swear neither I nor DH can keep our hands off of it.

Siren I am praying for your placenta! Lots of good energy to you and baby. And when our little girl moves like that, the long rolling strokes inside, we say she is cave painting. :}

Miranda, I feel the same way, our little girl really seems to get more active when her daddy is "playing" with her or when we are snuggled up against his back. He read something in our lamaze paperwork about putting a flashlight up against the belly to see if the baby reacted. So he tried that the other night and it was just wonderful. Everytime she would move or push against the light he would get all smiley and kiss my belly.

Coppertop, I am participating in a Beltain festival the first weekend in May; so I will be having my belly painted to look like the earth. I actually can't wait to see it. Too bad we can't post pictures here or I would show all of you when it was done. Ok everyone, close your eyes... now imagine a short redhead in a maroon and gold sari with her big preggo belly painted like the earth by a fantastic artist... now put me outside on a warm, sunny spring day in front of a maypole and you got it. lol
I do get henna done pretty regularly on my belly, not as "loud" as an actual painting. But very nice reddish-brown designs that are supposed to bring health and good fortune to the baby. Truth is I just like having an excuse to lay back and be fawned over by DH (who does henna with me once in a while) or my friend Darla who I taught henna to a few years ago.

Right now I could use some of that really warm weather they are promising. Its snowing outside! My poor daffodils....

Old 04-23-2003, 08:31 PM   #10
Veteran

chrislove HB User
Arrow

Hello ladies, how is every little thing going today ? I have been working like crazy and barely seeing my bride...who is doing ok lately. She has been putting on the punds steadily and still getting migraines. We alomst had to go to the hospital last night cuz Val had been having 5-6 contractions per hour. most felt like really strong braxton hicks, but there were a few that were painful too. We were really freaking out ! Today she is still having frequent BH, but no pain so far.

I hope you are all well, we still don't have a name for our son yet....Stinky says Hi
Take care Chris

Old 04-24-2003, 07:35 AM   #11
Veteran

angelsen HB User
Talking

Hi everyone!! Between being pretty sick and not having a real office anymore, etc. I haven't been able to get on much. I only have one more day for my antibiotic so we'll see if I have to go get more because I am feeling a little better, but not a whole lot of difference. Anyway other than that I have been getting cramping too and some rather painful bh (I am assuming that's what it is). But not a whole lot yet only about 2-5 a week if that. The cramping for me is around my "equator" formerly known as my waist. So maybe it is partially ligament pain, I don't know.

Last night I had excruciating pain in my vaginal area -do you think that might just be from the stretching, etc. that it's going through or maybe a bh?? I have been experiencing a lot of pressure there again the last week or so.

Wattagirl - I totally here you about the weight issue!! Actually my doc has been wonderful - she only mentioned it once so far. I have gained 33 lbs. since getting pg technically, but like I said before I don't really count the first trimester because I wasn't responsible and that's where I gained 15 of my lbs. I pray your baby turns for you before time to deliver!! They do like to evade questions don't they?!

Kippy - Hope your cramping is doing better today!! It's not much fun is it and you are most definitely not alone!

Momofa4yrold - Can you believe we are already at this point!! After my May 20 appt. I will be going to every 2 wks. also!! I can't believe how it has flown by!!!!!! It will be soooo awesome to be able to have our little girls in our arms in a couple of months won't it?!!!!! I am glad you have been feeling good!! It's soooo awesome how our little girls are getting sooo much stronger now isn't it?!!! I haven't actually watched my tummy yet, but I need to try that tonight!!

Miranda - That's awesome that your boys are kicking lots and loving their daddy!!!!! I know exactly what you mean about "running their hand across their daddy's"!! I think my little girl did that too the first time she responded to her dad's hand!! It's soooo sweet isn't it!!!!!!

Siren - Well I have you beat on the weight - 33 lbs. so far! I thought I heard the 3rd trimester is when your weight gain subsides a bit. I don't know if I heard right. But it seems logical because you are sooo uncomfortable that you don't eat much. I don't know maybe someone else can shed some light on that. I too am feeling huge movements everywhere and sometimes I think she is stretching because I get a hit down low and up at the top of the uterus. It's fun to think about what they are doing sometimes - like sommersaults, etc. I am praying all is well with your placenta!!!! That must be awful not being able to have sex for over 2 months now!!! To add your signature you have to check the box right below where you type that says - Show signature then it will show up.

Eeyore - I am glad your cramping is easing up!! Yeah I know what you mean about the hot weather coming up! Here I have been complaining about being cold and soon I know I will be complaining because I can't get cool enough! My wonderful dh reminds me of that!!

Epiphany - 24 lbs. and 30 wks along don't feel bad girl!! I am 26 wks. tomorrow and have gained 33 lbs.!! I too feel like most of my weight is in my belly which is almost completely round now!!!! I look more and more like I've swallowed a watermelon!! I will have to try the flashlight thing tonight!!!!!! It's great isn't it when the daddy gets all smiley and kisses your belly!!!!!! I am sure you will look great for the festival!!!!!

Chris & Val - I am sorry you've had to work so much Chris and not be able to get to see your bride and your princesses much! I am glad she is able to start putting weight on, but those dang migraines need to fly somewhere else and leave your sweetie alone!!!!! WOW!! She has been having 5-6 contractions an hour already?!!! I pray all continues well and those bh die down for her. I haven't really had a whole lot of obvious ones yet. Only a few a week and mostly a continuous tightening of my belly. "Hi Stinky" from Noelle!!!!

O.k. I think I made up for not being here for awhile!! I wrote a novel and now I will say have a great day everyone and belly rubs to all the wonderful moms to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
God Bless!!!!
It's a girl!!!!
Noelle Marie due 8/1

Old 04-24-2003, 08:35 AM   #12
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
I have gained 12 1/2 pounds as of 2 weeks ago so I am sure that it's around 50 pounds now!!

Awww it's Thursday. Only one more day to work and then WEEKEND!!!!! Hey I go on vacation next month with no kids (except the one in my large "carry on bag"). I feel obsessed with my son already. I just want to squeeze his little face already. I ampoking aat him and rubbing my belly all the time. I smother him already. He will likely call me Smother instead of Mother because of it! I don't care.

My 4 year old is really possesive over him already. She fought with my 2 year old this morning for wanting to touch his Baseball Bear that sings Take Me Out To The Ballgame. He won't even be here for another 12-14 weeks and they are already fighting over stuff he hasn't even seen himself!!!!!

We gotta name this guy. I am tired of Daddy calling him "Boy". He will say to my belly, "Hey Boy!" or "Be nice to mommy Boy". Once I he said joking ly, in a grizzly man tone, "Hey Boy...look mighty cute in them jeans!". I slugged him for that. He got that out of a movie. Don't recall which one. He was teasing me for commenting on how he needed to choose another temporary name other than Boy. I'm worse I call him "no name". I like saying "little guy" though or Mr. Man (not at all in reference to Kathy Bates calling that authur that name in the movie Misery).

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Old 04-24-2003, 05:58 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

kippy6 HB User
Hi Guys - and BTW, Marie, you are soooo funny (i.e. " except the one in my large 'carry on bag.'"). So many of your posts make me smile or laugh. Hope you are doing well.

I'm soooo excited!!! One of my best friends was at a consignment-type store and found a really cool bassinet for me - only $27!! She said that she got it as they were setting it out, and all the shoppers in the store were oooohing and aaaaaahing over it. One customer said that in the store new it costs over $100?? Who would buy a bassinet that expensive?? Apparently, it shakes, rattles, and rolls the baby. Gosh, I don't know...I'm only used to the basic stuff. I haven't actually seen it yet, but it really does lull the baby to sleep. I can't wait to see it! I haven't bought anything for the baby yet, nor have I decorated a baby room yet. This will be the first item!!

Old 04-24-2003, 07:16 PM   #14
Veteran

wattagirl HB User
hey all-i want to complain-i feel like crap-i want my body back-lol-seriously-i wish i could have worked with this pregnancy because i can tell a huge difference-i am so out of shape-the worst thing though is this acid reflux-i can't breathe-and my back is in terrible shape-i can only stay up for 10 minutes at a time-my preggo belt isn't helping now-well my sob story is over for now

Old 04-25-2003, 05:25 AM   #15
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
Kippy - I bet that basinett is so pretty.

My hubby just put up the panneling in the baby room. There was this real dark brown panneling in there and we changed it to white. I can not believe how bright my house looks. Now I want white in the whole house. To quote my DH "Man, I knew you were going to start that". I honestly think the man could live in a barn and be happy. So far I have bought a glider rocker w/ ottoman. and the bedding for the crib. She already has 8 little outfits that my sisters have bought her. I am getting so excited!! I can't wait for her to get here.

I had bowel problems yesterday and was in the bathroom for a while. I heard my 4 yr old say to his daddy, "Where is Mommy?" My DH said "She is still in the bathroom, honey." Austin said "WoW. Maybe she will poop out that baby while she is in there?"
So I guess I am not the only excited one.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Closed Thread