It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2003, 11:11 AM   #1
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Post Babygrant - how are you?

Babygrant, I've been reading your posts from the last couple of days. Let us know how your ultrasound results turned out when you get a chance. Hope everything is okay!

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby

Old 04-28-2003, 12:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
Baby is sick
Found out today that our little baby has mild to moderate hydrocephalus. Will be going on a 10 1/2 hour drive to Vancouver BC to go to the childrens hospital to get some tests done. Will be leaving as soon as we get the call! Anyways, thanks for all your support ladies, I'm praying for my little baby!

Angela
EDD 9/21

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2003, 12:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
I will keep you and your little one in my prayers.

Please keep us posted,

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 04-28-2003, 01:09 PM   #4
(female)

Starr N HB User
I will keep you and your baby in my prayers.
now a surprise pg due June 17

Old 04-28-2003, 01:15 PM   #5
(female)

Mjmoon HB User
I will also keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

Old 04-28-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
I'm so sorry that this has happened. I will keep you and your baby in my prayers. Please let us know how things go in Vancouver.

Old 04-28-2003, 01:23 PM   #7
Inactive

dingo_102 HB User
Babygrant--I will be praying for your little one and your family. Stay strong and keep faith.

april
9/19

Old 04-28-2003, 04:57 PM   #8
Veteran

kellie1978 HB User
Babygrant....

Thoughts and prayers are with you, keep us posted.

(hugs)

------------------
Kellie
EDD Sept 1st
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 04-28-2003, 06:26 PM   #9

Carmen_F HB User
Post Babygrant

I just read your post and I know how you feel. I wish I could give you some of the research that I have( I did lots of reasearch on all three types of cephaloceles)...I prayed that all my baby had was hydrocephalus. Since you didn't say that your triple screen test came back bad I suppose it came back okay which means that the hydrocephalus isn't that bad. This is very treatable...The waiting is the worst part. You need to get them to do a fetal MRI on you...it is totally fine for the baby and it can give you the best picture of your baby....Please if I can help in anyway I will do my best. I'm sure everything will turn out great for your baby...I will keep you in my prayers and help in anyway I can.
Mommy and Daddy will always love you!!!!!

Old 04-28-2003, 06:40 PM   #10

Carmen_F HB User
I wanted to add....my baby had a anencephaly among other things that accur early in develpoment which causes the brain not to form right. hydranencephaly occurs later after the brain is developed so it can be fixed after the baby is born. I wanted to add this because I know the fear of hearing all these things....I didn't want you to think the worse because even though what my baby had and what they say yours has are in the same group they are very different...I guess I just feel your pain and I wish I had someone to tell me all these things...okay I'll stop for now..You are in my prayers and i'm here for any help you need (I imagine you will go through most of the test that i did also) I guess I just want to say that from what I read your baby will be fine.....

Old 04-28-2003, 07:40 PM   #11

lmeckman HB User
Angela, I'm sorry to hear your bad news, whay does this mean for you and the baby? You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep in touch with us as soon as you can.

Larissa

------------------
edd of baby #2 9/21/03 (my son Evan's Birthday!)

Old 04-28-2003, 09:15 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
Hey Carmen
I never had the triple marker screening done. Never thought I'd need it. Hubby is 20 and I'm 21, and in excellent health. Guess it means nothing. I'm doing okay. Have to call the hospital tommorow and find out when we are to go there. As bad as it sounds, I'm just incredibly mad at life in general. Life stinks! Why us?!?! This couldn't have happened to any of the other people who choose to abort their babies? Of course because we WANTED this baby so bad it has to be sick. We won't love it any less, but life just is not fair. Someone told me that "God tests the strong ones" but you know what, if that's true, thats stupid!! I'm just so angry at the world! i don't want to feel this way but I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. I'm going to go to bed now though and hopefully have a better sleep than I've had this weekend and then i'll know tommorow at 8:30 when my appointment is. Thanks for the info Carmen, it does help.

Angela

Old 04-29-2003, 08:18 AM   #13
Veteran

LadyLight HB User
Angela, I'm so sorry to hear your news on the baby! Please know that our prayers and best wishes are with you. Please let us know what the doctor says. Have a safe and sound trip to the doctors, sorry it's such a long way!

In love and light

L & J (baby EDD 9/15/03)

Old 04-29-2003, 08:26 AM   #14

Carmen_F HB User
I know your pain....I'm 24 and hubby is 27 and other than ashtma we have no problems either. We tried for 5 years. Life isn't fair...but I can tell you a few things I have learned that helped me. I asked about the unwanted babies also..but see you answered it yourself. You will love you baby no matter what just like I will...those babies have to be perfect so that someone will love them. See what I mean? That was my first breakthrough before i went to my first BIG dr. appointment. I really wish we could talk other than on here because I feel that I could help you alot since I just went through this (even though I'm sure yours will turn out better) Its okay to be angry...realize that. Its okay to tell God your mad since he already knows it anyway...and then just remember that he has a plan. Even though we can't see it and we don't understand it know that he has one. Please tell me when you appointment is....
Carmen

Old 04-29-2003, 11:01 AM   #15

Carmen_F HB User
BUMP
Just wondering if you heard anything yet...I know your pain and i'm here for you....

Closed Thread