It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2003, 03:25 PM   #1

fluffylala HB User
Unhappy HELP! Need suggestions!

I'm 5 months pregnant and have been working at a company for almost 2 years. Things are not going well with the company our insurance was cancelled. They are still taking money out of our paychecks even though it's been canceled for 3 months and they just now decided to tell us about it. I've been seeing a Dr throughout my pregnancy and have chosen the hospital I would like to give birth at. Now I have no insurance, and we are all holding our breaths for in to be reinstated. Is there any assistance I can receive for a situation like this? Fortunatly, I am very healthy and have had no problems. I'm so scared the company is going under and I'll be left without a job and there is limited jobs a pregnant woman can apply for. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Old 04-28-2003, 03:55 PM   #2

Evanescence HB User
Depending on how much money you make, I heard there's something called "pregnancy medicaid" which will cover you throughout pregnancy. Everything is free. This is mostly for pretty low-income women, and they may want to include the father's income, because I've heard they come after him for money or something if they think he's not involved w/ pregnancy. Sorry I can't be of more help, but that's what I've heard. Also, if you make too much money for medicaid but not enough for expensive insurance, United Health Care, I think, is low-cost insurance. Both are worth your time to look up. Hope I was some help.

------------------
"You have a boyfriend, and I have...a baby and a Ross!"--Rachel
EDD 12/22/03

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2003, 04:06 PM   #3
(female)

josecori HB User
Arrow

Hi,
I don't know how you would go about this.
Is your insurance company denying claims yet.
If the business is still running and they cancelled your insurance without telling you and continued to take $$ then I would look into further action against them.
You might want to contact your states Department of Insurance and ask them if thats legal & what are your options. They should have a website.
Contact the insurance company. Maybe they will do some type of Cobra plan with you.

I'm sorry you have to go thru this now. You don't need the added stress. Good luck & if I hear of anything, I'll pass it along in a post.
Good luck
Corissa

Closed Thread