It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2003, 07:29 PM   #1

LynnieChilds HB User
Question Newly preg and scared

First of all, I noticed brown all over my pantyliner for the first time today. There was enough to the point where I started to use tampons. By the end of the night its seemed to go down. Its not red, just brown...someone please tell me this is common?!

And when do you start experiencing 'morning sickness' and showing? Have any of you actually thrown up due to the sickness and has anyone showed as soon as the 1st two months? Im only a few weeks preg and Im already feeling thicker in the middle and sick in the morning, not to mention light cramping in my sides and back and I cant get comfortable when I go to sleep.

oh...and is it possible I may not be preg even after two positive tests?

Old 04-28-2003, 07:46 PM   #2
(female)

maglib HB User
From what I know, there are only false negatives, not positives.

From the bleeding you describe, you should call the ob as soon as you can. Plus you should not use tampons during pregnancny only pads. It is very common to have mild bleeding when pregnant but, it could also be signs of a problem. Any bleeding especially when you fill more than a pad in an hour is considered serious enough for the ER.

Please call your dr. and I wish you well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2003, 08:02 PM   #3
Inactive

dingo_102 HB User
People are so differnt when it comes to pregnancy. I think morning sickness can show up as early as 3 weeks or it may not show up at all. I only had 4 or 5 cases of m/s (by the way m/s can show up at any time of the day not just in the morning)
You should call a Dr. about the spotting. It is fairly common to spot but anything that concerns you should definatly be checked out by a Dr.
As far as showing goes..it just depends. I am overweight and 19 weeks pg and I am not really showing at all. Some people show early and others won't show until later on.
Hope all goes well. Keep us informed and welcome to the boards. There are a lot of people here that can help

april
9/19 It's a Boy

Old 04-28-2003, 08:32 PM   #4

Balissa HB User
Many women experience spotting in early pregnancy. Brown blood is old, which is a good sign. It could be leftover blood from implantation. The previous poster was right about not using tampons during pregnancy. You don't want to get an infection.

Morning sickness can start pretty much any time after implantation. Most women do not experience until 6-8 weeks, but norms fly out the window in pregnancy. There are as many different ways to experience pregnancy symptoms as there are pregnant women. Believe it or not, these symptoms are a good sign of a viable pregnancy.

The "thickness" you describe is probably just you feeling bloated. I've known several women who said their pants stopped fitting before they even got a positive pregnancy test. Try to drink plenty of fluids, which can be hard if you are nauseated. Light cramping in your pelvis or lower back is also common.

It probably wouldn't hurt to get in to see a doctor, if for no other reason than to calm your fears. It is still too early to hear a heartbeat, but he or she can probably give you some more information that can ease your mind.

Congratulations!

Old 04-29-2003, 05:04 AM   #5

moni1 HB User
I've read that early in pregnancy it's not "showing" that happening yet but your bowels may be moving forward. Things start moving around and you may feel "fatter". I had no m/s at all with my first pregnancy, but with this one I was sick daily (no vomiting just always felt like I could any second) and now it's tapered off to feeling sick around 3PM. As for the spotting, definitely have it checked out. I spotted in both pregnancies and had to have several vaginal ultrasounds just to be sure everything was OK. This time around, after having 2 of them, my doctor said if the blood is brown and just spotty it's OK, but if it's red call ASAP. Don't be afraid to call their office a lot with questions - that's what they are there for. I was in there a lot early in my first pregnancy. Better to be safe than sorry.
Babe #2 c-section 11/06

Closed Thread