It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2003, 06:36 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bellestar HB User
Post Hard tummy

Howdy all! I have a quick question. When I lay down on my back sometimes my tummy feels really hard. I mean like rock hard! Is that because the baby is laying right there where it is hard so I am actually feeling the baby or is it something else? anyone else get a hard tummy. Also, I think I am expanding more and more every minute! every time I look in the mirror I am bigger and I have 3 months to go!!
Thanks!

------------------
Bellestar
EDD 8/17/03
1st Child! ITS A GIRL!!!!

Old 04-29-2003, 07:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
Bellestar,
Your hard belly can be from how the baby is positioned, or it could be a braxton hick contraction, which makes your belly get very very tight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 07:39 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bellestar HB User
Thank you so much! I was thinking it was just the way the baby is laying because it seems to only get that way when I am laying down. If it is a braxton hick contraction, it is ok to be having them now right? I am only 24 weeks and 2 days. I am getting pretty nervous about my pregnancy just becuase this is my first one and I am starting to feel crummy. I am constantly tired again like in the first trimester and I just feel yucky. My DH is being a saint though! He is just being so wonderful and helping around the house so much I can not believe it!
Thank you!

------------------
Bellestar
EDD 8/17/03

Old 04-29-2003, 07:39 AM   #4
Veteran

angelsen HB User
Talking

Hey Bellestar,

I get the hard as a rock tummy all the time. Mine will last for an hour or more sometimes. My doc said it was braxton hicks, but I agree with Coppertop too it may be your little girl. I have been getting some mild cramping with mine so I believe most of mine is braxton hicks.

Anyhow you are most definitely not alone! Do you have pain with your hard tummy? Last night I almost called the doc because of my continuous cramping.

I know exactly what you mean by getting bigger everytime you look in the mirror!! I can't believe how much I have grown in the past month. We just took a picture on Sunday of my belly for my baby book.

Have a great day!!

------------------
God Bless!!!!
It's a girl!!!!
Noelle Marie due 8/1

Old 04-29-2003, 07:42 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

bellestar HB User
Thank you guys so mucH!! I feel so much better!! I usually don't have pain with it but sometimes just a small cramp. I am due in August and am gettin gpretty nervous! Just like in the 1st few weeks of my pg every little twinge or feeling makes me nervous! This is my first pg and I can not wait to have my little angel in my arms and not have to worry about if she is ok. She has been kicking a lot lately but never for Daddy!!! :-(
Thank you!

------------------
Bellestar
EDD 8/17/03

Old 04-29-2003, 08:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
bellestar,
It is totally normal to get braxton hicks contractions this early (even earlier). A bh contraction is your uterus shaping up for the big event

My guess is that if your belly feels hard for a long time, it is probably the baby's position.

Old 04-29-2003, 08:31 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

bellestar HB User
Thank you guys so much!!! I can relax a little now!

Closed Thread