It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2003, 09:14 AM   #1
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Red face Sore lymph nodes??

I know I may be a little young to be worried about this, but a few days ago (I check my breasts pretty regularly) I noticed that I had a sore, swollen lymph node under my right arm. I have been watching it, and it seems to be more sore this morning. I can't find any weird brest lumps, but with everything changing in there, it's hard to tell. Does anyone know if it's normal in pregnancy with all the breast changes to get a sore lymph node once in a while? Or should I call my doc? (I feel like I've called him WAY too much.) Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 09:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

tcb0609 HB User
You are not too young to be worried about it. I was once had a friend that had to have a breast tunor removed....thankfully it was not cancerous, but it could have been serious....and she is only 23. I am not pregnant and do not know if pregnancy causes swollen lymph nodes, but if it concerns you, you should call your doc. Actually, even if it doesn't concern you, please call him. It will probably turn out to be nothing (mine swell and are painful often, but we know the reasons why and my doc is aware of it).

And believe me, you are not bothering your doctor when you call to ask questions. Call him as much as you need to....that's what he's there for!

Let us know what he says!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 09:45 AM   #3

fntsyangel HB User
Swolen lymph nodes, whether in the neck, arm pit, or groin, often indicate an infection in the general area. Like tonsils, lymph nodes are "designed" to fight infection. When I was pregnant I developed a cyst in the crease of my leg/genitals. As it got worse the lymph node on that side of my groin became very inflamed. After I had it drained, both it and the swolen lymph node went away. Later, while nursing, I got mastitis and the lymph node in my armpit on that side got swolen.

If it stays swolen and painful for more than a day or two, or you get a fever, get in to your doctor. Otherwise, try no to worry about it too much

------------------
Angel, et al

Closed Thread