It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2003, 11:10 AM   #1

fntsyangel HB User
Smile Siren and Marie ... how are you guys doing today?

Siren,

You remind me so much of me during my last pregnancy that I cant help but think of you! I know you have had a rough time of it and are stressed about what *might* happen, so I was just wondering how your day was going.

Marie,

You, who have been with us for so long ... back when you still had a different screen name ... and when you so wanted another baby but DF did not ... to when he didnt pull out ... LOL You were so great during my pregnancy, and now I wanna know about yours! How are things going? Are you having a smooth pregnancy so far? Any luck with names yet?

------------------
Angel, et al

Old 04-28-2003, 12:03 PM   #2
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Angel, thanks so much for thinking of me and responding to all my questions. I have driven myself crazy over what might happen.... I just always assumed that as young and in shape as I was, I would have a complication-free pregnancy and delivery. Everything is looking up, though. My last u/s showed the placenta still low, but completely out of the way of my cervix. I was really relieved about that one. And my doc says "really, don't worry about this breech thing until another 4 to 6 weeks.... really." He's figured me out by now, but I guess his reassurances are futile. LOL. He says I do have a bit of an irritable uterus (after describing the frequent b/h contractions) but my cervix was long, thick, and completely closed, so they aren't causing any problems. The baby has seemed to move up a bit today, so now I have a head in my ribs instead of feet in my bladder. I think I'd rather make that swap anyday! I don't know why I'm carrying my first baby so low. I always thought they were supposed to be high, and I had great abs before pregnancy.
How is Kai? And his foot and his allergies? Hope everything is getting better for both of you! Thanks for thinking of me, and best wishes to you and Kai!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 09:44 AM   #3
Inactive

siren24 HB User
bump

Old 04-29-2003, 11:00 AM   #4

fntsyangel HB User
Siren,

I am glad to hear that the irritable uterus is not causing any troubles. That is usually the case I dont know about first babies staying high ... my first was so very low the whole time that when people would say "wait until she drops" I would think "If she drops anymore she will be on the FLOOR!" And, in fact, she did not "drop" because she was already there. At that time I was a young hardbody, so it had nothing to do with ab muscles. It was because I dont have much space between my ribs and pelvis, so there was no room for her to be anywhere else. The same was true of my 2nd daughter also. In your case, as soon as that baby turns over, he WILL get lower, because then his head will engage in the pelvis (same happened with Kai).

Kai is doing good. His foot is looking great now that it has grown a bit and his shoes fit properly. He is not bothered by his brace at all, except when it is time to put it back on after his hour out Then he fusses for a couple of minutes and is fine again. As for his allergies ... we still struggle. He has thrush quite bad but he is apparently allergic to Nystatin, so .... lol I have changed his doctor. Hopefully the new Dr will be able to help more.

Old 04-29-2003, 11:20 AM   #5
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
So nice of you to check in!!

I am going on 27 weeks!! No name for him yet.

Tell me....how is it having a boy after first having two girls? This will beme so I am all excited! Granted another girl would have been fun, but blue is such a change of atmosphere! Is Kai a mama's boy? Do either girl have any issues? What are all their age differences? My first two are 21 months apart and my last two are 2 years 6 months apart if he comes on time. If he is born on August 3rd then they will be exactly 2 1/2 years apart. My due date is the 2nd so we will see. 13 1/2 more weeks and sooooooo counting!!

Really glad Kai's foot has gotten easier for him. That brace has got to get on his last nerve!

How are you? You probably already have had your body back lucky little thing!

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Old 04-29-2003, 12:27 PM   #6

fntsyangel HB User
Marie,

It is so DIFFERENT having a boy. I cant tell you how many times he has been called she or her! LMAO Other than that, it is just different clothes. The real B**CH of it is, for the last several years all baby girl clothes have been so UGLY, and now suddenly they are all adorable again, and here I have a BOY! He IS such a mama's boy, too. For some time his daddy had a silly notion that men arent supposed to be lovey with their baby boys, so Kai is super attached to my lovin' teehee

Caitlen and Arica are 7 days shy of being exactly 4 years apart. Arica and Kai are 16 months, 9 days apart. Sometimes it is hard, since Arica is such a little mischievious monster most of the time!

I do NOT envy you being that pregnant in California in July! I live in high desert here in Washington, where the summer climate is dry and HOT, and I had 2 kids in August (8/29 and 8/22). Man was that AWFUL! Of course, on the day arica was born, it rained, so at least it wasnt too greuling lol

I hate to tell you, but I am far from little. My first destroyed my body! I was 114 at 6 months with her and that is the last time I saw anything under 160. I DO weigh less than I did before I got pregnant with Kai - I am about 170 now, and lukily carry the weight rather well for all that I am only 5'3" ... but I dream of the day that I am finally under 150 again *sigh*

------------------
Angel, et al

Old 04-29-2003, 12:40 PM   #7
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Angel, I have gained much much weight, too. I went from 5'8 125 (I've always been tall and thin) to 155 with 10 weeks to go!!!! You'll never believe the WIC lady when I went for my 1st nutritional interview. She said "Boy, your weight gain's on up there, isn't it?" I could have slapped her. The odd thing is, I don't look all that big! I'm all belly down low and my butt's quite larger, but people comment all the time on how great I look pregnant. I'm definitely a "swallowed a basketball" pregnant girl. I think you're right about carrying low. It makes sense, since I'm long-legged and very short waisted. I just hope this isn't difficult to get off. I'm planning to breastfeed, which I've read should help. But, my mom breastfed both of her kids and gained and kept about 40 lbs. after each kid. She was bigger than I was when she started, though. So, here's to hoping!

Old 04-29-2003, 01:43 PM   #8
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Good grief. Siren I am 5'8 and once weighed 125-140 (highscool) and then came a baby! I now weigh 191 or at least as of 2 1/2 weeks ago. So now it is probably up to 250!!!!! Kidding. Anyway I have only gained 12 1/2 pounds as of that last appt, but on the 7th we will see.

Angel - how much did you gain with Kai? Was he big? My babies are all pretty big. I look 8 months right now. EEK!!

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Closed Thread