It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2003, 01:21 PM   #1

OshKoshBigosh HB User
Question the nesting period

I have heard of this thing called the nesting period...where the mother-to-be suddenly gets the uncontrollable urge to clean her house until the house is raw from it!! Has anyone been through this? When does it start? It sounds so funny to me now, but I know I'll be there eventually...

------------------
EDD- 12/16/03
"You have a boyfriend, and I have...a baby and a Ross!" - Rachel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 01:59 PM   #2
Inactive

siren24 HB User
I WISH that I could get it all of the sudden. My house is such a wreck because all of the sudden I'm as exhausted as I was in the first trimester! I guess I still have a few weeks to go before it's supposed to hit, though. (I'm 29 1/2 weeks.) I have heard most women and my doctor say that it's usually really close to delivery time, usually after abour 36 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 02:11 PM   #3
Inactive

josieolson HB User
I am a newt freak anyway but I got it bad about 6-7 months pregnant and then it kicked into overdrive about 8-9 months. I was two weeks late and let me tell you they were hell on everyone. I bathed the dog everyday and literally cleaned the floors with my husbands tooth brush. I would hand wash dishes because I thought the dishwasher was not doing a good enough job. I washed clothes as soon as they were taken off. I was crazy. I even went to my parent's house and cleaned there baseboards and behind their furniture because i ran out of stuff to clean at my house. you know you have it bad when your pets run from you !

Old 04-29-2003, 02:18 PM   #4

may2003baby HB User
Girls, It has hit me. Hard! All of the sudden I have energy, and I want to clean. I even went to the store today to buy cleaning products! Who wants to bring a baby home to a dirty mess? Or who wants to try to clean it after the baby is born? I want that time to bond with baby. I love to clean (right now, that is).

------------------
Baby girl-due 5/3/03

Old 04-29-2003, 02:34 PM   #5

sweetescape02 HB User
Talking

With my 3, it hit anywhere between 7 1/2 - 8 1/2 months. All I wanted to do was cook and clean like MAD!

------------------
Rest In Peace, Laci & Connor.
May God Embrace Your Souls & Bring Your Family Peace.

Old 04-29-2003, 02:55 PM   #6
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
The nesting period is actually a time when you not only clean, but go into overdrive to prepare for the baby's arrival. That is actually the real meaning. I get cleaning kicks now alot, but it isn't until I go full force into getting the house clean, walls, clean, baby's stuff up and clean, laundry done, and scrub the garage floor until I know that he will be here. Kidding. Ususaly the nesting period is also a time right before the due date like may2003baby. It is your body's way of telling you it's getting close. You usually get an energy burst.

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Old 04-29-2003, 08:28 PM   #7
Veteran

kellie1978 HB User
Smile

I'm only 5 1/2 months along and i got a burst last night - i have no idea what made me do it. Jeepers if it get worse than that what am i going to do??? lol

p.s. josieolsn - you made me laugh... something to look forward to i guess

------------------
Kellie
EDD Sept 1st
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Closed Thread