It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2003, 01:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Post It's been a long haul!!!! But it's finally over!

Yes, it's been a very long 3 month wait! I'm on CD1 today and almost can't believe it...

Back in February when the RE told me I had no German measles antibodies and that I had to wait 3 months before TTC, my world crashed around my ears. Somewhere in the middle of Feb I hit rock bottom. Meaning that I could hardly go out without weeping at the sight of PG women and babies in their prams. I once broke down in front of my DH's family and had to run out of the shop into the street. My emotions were out of control! I went to the doctor and he said that if things didn't improve I'd have to seek professional help. I didn't, as I knew my depression was only circumstantial, and that as soon as I could TTC again, I would be fine. I also had to undergo several rather painful tests , which didn't help.

Well, it's finally over. I've been reading this board and contributing with the little advice and knowledge I could, but believe me, it's been very hard seeing others getting PG and knowing that I couldn't. I've been happy for them, but unhappy for myself...if that makes sense?

My DH has been my rock. I realize that now. We're not getting any younger and the pressure is there, but he has NEVER said anything negative to me. He has held me when I wept and when I felt so alone, and through him I have come to realize that even if I never have a baby, he still fills my life. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

To all my TTC Buddies...how can I say what I feel? Just know that you have helped me enormously! I needed this board to get me through every day...and you were there to help me. Thanks.....guys, you're great friends! You will all be great moms one day soon!

to Autumn...my "bestest" buddy...thanks so much for being there when I was feeling so low! I really appreciate all your help and pray it shall be returned to you a hundredfold! Thank you!!!! Sending you extra special babydust****

To the rest of the ladies on this board...thanks so much for your words of encouragement! I have read all your PG posts and have learnt so much...you are all very nice women and deserve to have great pregnancies and healthy babies. I still hope to join you someday on a Due thread!

Again, sorry this was so long, but it's been 3 months of bottled up emotions, and I could hardly wait for this day to come.

My plan of action, you may ask? Well, I'll start Clomid in 5 days and hopefully this will be a positive month!

If Clomid doesn't work for me, that's fine too. I've made my peace these 3 months, and am ready to move on to the next step. I accept that I may never get PG, but I will do my best to achieve it! If that entails Artificial Insemination and/or In Vitro, then so be it! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

I see God's hand in all of this. I know He is watching over me and I also know that I have been taught a great lesson with this wait: be patient and trust in Him; trust your loved ones to lift you up, and above all, trust that He knows the way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2003, 03:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

autumnleaves HB User
Talking

Hey there, sweetie! How do you always manage to say the perfect things (and make me cry)? You are wonderful and your presence on these boards is very much needed, and more importantly, appreciated. We all love you and your constant research on our behalf is awesome, to say the least.

I cannot wait to hear that you are pregnant! It will come, as sure as I'm sitting here and writing to you! I'll bet the sight of AF was for once, welcome! And may she be banished for the next nine months!!!!! I am also wishing you extra special
baby dust*****

Know that I am here to walk through all of this with you...even if I can't get pregnant I've been there (18 years ago...but been there nonetheless)...I http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif you, honey! May God bless you and your DH a thousandfold...

Old 04-28-2003, 03:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Autumn...thanks! You're also wonderful! You made me cry! I'm so lucky to have met you on this board. Thanks again! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 04-28-2003, 04:36 AM   #4
(female)

Mjmoon HB User
Nela-
I'm so happy you get to start trying again. You deserve it! You have always been so supportive of all the ladies on this board, always answering questions and offering an ear. Things wouldn't be the same here without you! Thanks for being you!

Mary

Old 04-28-2003, 04:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Thanks Mary!

Old 04-28-2003, 05:10 AM   #6
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
Nela,
I had no idea you were so depressed during this time. I am sorry. I wish you would have talked to all of us about this. Maybe we could have helped some way. It must have been terrible for you to read our posts and give such good advice to everyone.

I am glad you have the green light now and start again for that baby. If any one on here deserves to have a baby it is you. I will be praying that all works well with the Clomid.

You are a rock!

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 04-28-2003, 05:36 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Momofa4yrold...thanks!
Yes, I have been depressed, especially during the months of Feb and March. But I'm feeling much better now! As I said, it was circumstantial, and by the time I got to April, things improved.

And you did help! Of course you all helped TONS!

Just the fact that I had this board helped tremendously, being able to keep the idea of getting PG a reality ! If I had stayed away for all this time, I would have ended up feeling worse, I'm sure.

And as I already said, my DH was my life saver! I'm so lucky to be married to such a caring, loving and compassionate man! I must have done something good to have ended up with him! LOL.

Thanks for your kind and caring words. All of you are constantly on my thoughts...it's as if we've all become like a little virtual family of sorts.

Old 04-28-2003, 06:13 AM   #8

Trac y HB User
Nela, I am so happy for you! You always have such kind words to make people feel better. I will be holding thumbs for you!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 04-28-2003, 06:24 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Thanks Tracy! Holding thumbs for you too, you new MOM!

Old 04-28-2003, 06:41 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

tcb0609 HB User
nela-I am so happy for you! I know that these months have been very difficult for you, but the wait is finally over. You must be feeling so relieved. You are such a wonderful person and we thank YOU for all the help that you've given us, even when you dealing with your own struggles. You are going to be a great mom! I hope to hear about a BFP very soon. So, GET BUSY GIRL! You've got a baby to make!

Old 04-28-2003, 07:33 AM   #11

Navywife22 HB User
Nela-

I am so glad that you can now try again! I wish you all of the luck in the world.. (and have a ton of fun doing it!)

Wanting to try again but having to wait is the hardest thing in the world. Hopefully, I only have about 6 more months to wait. Then it will be BD'ing Big Time!

Old 04-28-2003, 07:46 AM   #12
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Nela, I'm so glad that you're TTC again. I'll be rooting for you and, of course, all of the other TTCers. I'm looking forward to lots of success stories in the coming months and I'm hoping you're one of them.

Best of luck!

Old 04-28-2003, 07:56 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Best of luck, Nela!!

::::Baby Dust:::::

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 04-28-2003, 08:14 AM   #14
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Wow, guys, your wonderful replies are making me all weepy!

Thanks so much for the support.

Tcb....thanks honey, you're going to get PG very soon! And you're going to be a wonderful mom! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Navywife...so happy to hear from you again! How are you? I've often wondered. What about your DH? Is he back? So many questions, LOL. I'll be here waiting for you when you come back to TTC! Holding thumbs for these 6 months to go by very quickly for you!

Kmc235...thanks so much for your words of encouragement!

Heaven Sent...thanks to you too, sweetie!

I'm starting to feel very optimistic today!

Old 04-28-2003, 08:24 AM   #15
Senior Veteran

friendlyrobyn HB User
nela, this is great news!!!!!!!!!!! Im so excited for you!!! I can only emagine how hard this wait has been for you, the 2week waits use to drive me crazy. Look at this as practice for the first trimester wait doesnt that sound exciting!! Youll be pregnant within months!! YIPPEE!!

[This message has been edited by friendlyrobyn (edited 04-28-2003).]

Closed Thread