It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2003, 10:30 AM   #1

may2003baby HB User
Angry Getting very mad at Dr. and office people......

I went to my Dr. appt. today and...it was canceled! The Dr. is out. I am due in 4 days, and have not had an exam to check how I have progressed. I was really looking foward to this appt. Now my next appt. is on May 1st!! I am just mad because I had to wait an extra week for todays appt.(4/29) because the Dr. went on vacation. My doc is really nice, but I feel that I should be going every week in my last month. I have only been 1 time in April and all he did was check the heart beat, and my blood pressure. Sorry, just had to vent. And I want to cry

------------------
Baby girl-due 5/3/03

Old 04-29-2003, 10:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bellestar HB User
I am so sorry to hear you are going through this especially with 4 days till your due date!! They should have contacted you that the Dr. was not in. Was he/she at an emergency? I agree that you should be going once a week this close to your due date! Let us know what happens!

------------------
Bellestar
EDD 8/17/03
1st Child! ITS A GIRL!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 10:50 AM   #3

may2003baby HB User
Thanks. Yes, he had an emergency. But it still made me cry. I just want to know how I am progressing. I am very stressed out now. Every little thing is a big stress to me now today. It is just so hard to wait until May 1st, when my due date is May 3rd. Anything I can do to help stress go away?

Old 04-29-2003, 10:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Are there any other doctors you can see?

I see a team of 5 doctors, just in case my doctor that day is on call, or an emergency has come up.

I'm sorry for your frustration, and since I'm a first time mom-to-be, I really don't have any solid advice for you.

Hang in there, and I hope it helps to know that you will have your little one in your arms very soon.

Is this your first baby?

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 04-29-2003, 11:02 AM   #5

may2003baby HB User
This is my 2nd child. I have a 4yr. old boy. I am sure I will calm down here in a few hours...I went shopping to get it off of my mind...did not work . I will clean house now, that should work I hope.

------------------
Baby girl-due 5/3/03

Old 04-29-2003, 11:15 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bellestar HB User
When I am completly stressed, I make myself a fruit smoothie and since the weather is so nice here now I sit on the patio and just breathe and listen to the birds. Sometimes, I JUST CRY! - THAT USALLY HELPS! Hang in there! I am sure you are right on schedule and everything is good! Try to have a good day and don't overdo the cleaning!!

------------------
Bellestar
EDD 8/17/03
1st Child! ITS A GIRL!!!!

Old 04-29-2003, 12:16 PM   #7
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
I have a 4 yr old boy too. And this one is going to be a girl. How is your boy handeling being a big brother? Austin seems so excited right now, but I am afraid that will all change.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 04-29-2003, 01:48 PM   #8

gemcutterswife HB User
Listen, you have to take its seriously, not to scare you, but the last few weeks are the most crucial when it comes to the health of the baby, the closer to your due date the higher the risk to not only the baby's health but your health, at the very least you should be taking your blood pressure yourself and weighing yourself, rapid weight gain and high bp are signs of pre-eclampsia that can be fatal to YOU if it goes unknown and nothing is done about it; and if you dont know how find someone to do it that does. It is completely unacceptable for your doctor to go out of twon or be "unavailable" and not arrange for you to see someone else. Remember your doctor works for YOU, even this close to your due date I would consider finding another pracititioner to deliver your, its your health and your baby's health and ultimately you are the one responsible for the two of you. Child bearing always has still does and always will carry the potential of being life-threatening, and I elarned form experience, when you're in labor and things start going down-hill its a total whrilwind and if you're unprepared you become a completely helpless victim. I knwo I almost lost my life giving birth the first time, and my son was born with no heart beat and no respirations, only because I hd a wonderful doctor did either one of us survive(and by the grace of God). Second time around if we had not taken steps to prevent a repeat of my first child-birth experience, my daughter would not be here and I would not be here either. I'm really not trying to scare you but you need to think long and ahrd before entrusting your life and your babie's life to this doctor during labor and delivery. Good luck

Old 04-30-2003, 01:17 AM   #9

melstone HB User
I totally know how you feel. When I had three days to go before my due date I went in for my appt hoping to hear that he might go ahead and induce.(I was huge with almost a 10 lb baby) I found out my doctor could not see me and I had to see a nurse practitioner and she could not do anything. The whole day I was a mess. I felt like crying and throwing things. I never made it to my next doctors appt. My little one made her big entrance four days later. Hang in there! And remember, there is nothing wrong with crying and pitching a little fit.

------------------
Melissa

Old 04-30-2003, 05:12 AM   #10

moni1 HB User
There are 3 physician's at my OB's office. Toward the middle of my last pregnancy they made appointments for me to be seen by the other 2 physicians so we could get to know each other if something like your situation happened, or if my doc was unable for some reason to be at my birth I would know one of the other docs. I'm surprised you weren't seen by someone, especially so close to your due date. As for de-stressing, I'm a bad one for that. I feel stressed all the time and never know what to do except cry (it does help though). Hang in there.
Babe #2 c-section 11/06

Old 04-30-2003, 05:37 AM   #11
Veteran

phillie2002 HB User
I too can't believe you haven't been going every week. I remember going every other week in the 8 month & every week in the 9th. I know a few people who don't like having alot of different OB/gyns but the practice I go to has 8 and I think that's great because there is always a doctor on call. I saw them all throughout the pregnancy so when time came to deliver I would be familiar with each of them. I am thankful for that.

Much luck to you.

Phillie

Old 04-30-2003, 09:34 AM   #12

may2003baby HB User
Thank you all. I go see the Dr tomorrow.

------------------
Baby girl-due 5/3/03

Closed Thread