It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2003, 08:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Smile OCTOBER MOMS

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to boost us back to the top. Anyone been feeling more regular movement? I felt my little one again yesterday afternoon, and I couldn't stop smiling. It makes me wonder what he/she is doing in there to cause such a ruckus...

KMC, have you decided to get the sonogram or not? I think you should go for it! I know how badly you want to find out the sex of your little, so I say DO IT!!!! Let me know what you decide ~

Take care everyone!

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

[This message has been edited by HEAVEN-SENT (edited 04-29-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 09:23 AM   #2
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
I've definitely been feeling more movement - makes me think I might have a future linebacker in there. I often get this tight feeling in my lower abdomen before I feel a little jab. I don't know if it's the baby turning or what. I can't wait until it's bigger and I can feel it all the time and more distinctly.

I'm still on the fence about the sonogram and have decided to just think about it for awhile. I have the form I need for the appt and there's plenty of time still, so I'll see how I feel in a few days.

Anyone still feeling some nausea? I though I would throw up yesterday during my commute to work. I almost got up and left the train I was so nauseous. I've learned to carry gum with me at all times because it really helps. But I thought this was supposed to be over by now. I'm 18 weeks!

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day!

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 09:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
No nausea for me, but I thought I was going to pass out yesterday in Home Depot. I was standing in line with my things, and I broke out in a cold sweat and felt like I was going to faint. As soon as I got in my car, I called my mom in a complete panic. She told me to calm down and take some deep breaths. Then she reminded me that I just had blood taken an hour ago, an that was probably the cause since I hadn't eaten anything yet that morning (blood work was at 8:00 am).

I totally freaked though...of course I thought it was something to do with the baby. I really need to learn to relax some. I don't know how anyone puts up with me. I'm so neurotic lately! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

[This message has been edited by HEAVEN-SENT (edited 04-29-2003).]

Old 04-29-2003, 07:28 PM   #4

BonBon24 HB User
I finally felt the baby move the other day - or at least I think I did. No regular movement yet. I can't wait until I can feel EVERYTHING!!! I have been feeling not to bad - tired and crampy. My cramps are because of my bowels which were bothered by my endometriosis. So as far as I am concerned, I am doing great. I feel a little "fluffy" as I look as though I am just gaining weight instead of pregnant. This is a little frustrating as last year I lost 65 pounds. Oh well as long as baby is healthy I don't care - if I lost it once I will lose it again! I hope you are all doing well, Bonnie

Old 04-30-2003, 08:52 AM   #5
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Ugh! I threw up on the way to work this morning! I was on a subway and luckily was able to get off before it happened. Luckily I had a plastic bag with me and was able to be kind of discreet on the subway platform. This is the first time it's happened to me in public...

Catnedward, can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes. Definitely let us know as soon as you can.

Bonnie, congratulations on feeling the baby move! I know what you mean about wanting to feel everything. I'm sure it won't be too much longer. I can also relate to not looking pregnant yet. I'm waiting to pop - I've been told it happens overnight. Will be nice to not be worried about looking fat anymore.

Heaven-Sent, I just read something yesterday about dizzy spells being pretty common around this time. And I'm sure your having just given blood was a big part of it. Don't worry about being neurotic...we can all relate.

Hope everyone is well today!

Old 04-30-2003, 08:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Oh KMC, you poor thing!
I'm sorry you got sick in public. That must have been so embarrasing. Hopefully nobody noticed.
I was so embarrased when I started sweating like a pig in Home Depot the other day. When I got in the car, my face was bright red and I was panting like a dog!

Bonnie, that is great that you felt your little one move finally. I feel mine off and on, but its very sporadic. I can't wait until I start feeling him/her all the time.

Catnedward, can't wait to hear how your u/s went!

Have a great day ladies,

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 04-30-2003, 08:59 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Wheres Karcia been?!?!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

[This message has been edited by HEAVEN-SENT (edited 04-30-2003).]

Old 04-30-2003, 09:03 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Actually where are ALL THE OCTOBER MOMS?!?!?

Sweetmelf? AEV? Eckored? Jane_d? Ally2001? Mimotice? Username?

WE MISS YOU!!

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

[This message has been edited by HEAVEN-SENT (edited 04-30-2003).]

Old 04-30-2003, 09:21 AM   #9

sweetmelf HB User
Hi October mommies!

I am still here but I am sick with a cold! Boohoo...
The baby is doing great, kicking me more and more! Last night I felt a hard mass on my left side under my belly button (the right side was soft) and I knew it was the baby's back. I could cradle it with my hand, it was so nice! I then poked on the right side of my tummy just to see what the baby would do and he/she didn't like it because the baby kicked me back! It was great!

Oh I can't wait to find out if it's a he or a she... 2 more weeks!!!

Besides my cold, I a having some back pain already but other than that I feel great. My acne is still out of control though. Ugh!

That's about it for my update, I hope everybody will have a great day!

Sweetmelf (edd 10-08-2003)

and baby #3, Alyssa Drew EDD 10-08
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 04-30-2003, 09:34 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Sweetmelf, I can't believe you can make out your little ones body parts already!! And he/she KICKS you!! I can't wait until I can feel some distinct movements!

Right now I have a hard time telling if its my little one or just GAS!!

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 04-30-2003, 10:28 AM   #11

sweetmelf HB User
Heaven-Sent,

I can't really make out body parts yet, but I just felt a hard mass (like his/her back was against the front of my uterus). And it was about the right size. When I poked on the right side of my tummy (I left my finger there applying a gentle pressure), he'she really kicked me back! It did it only once though.

It's my third, so this is why I am more aware of the movements. Just pay extra attention, when your tummy gets all hard (when lying down, or in a recliner for example), you might be able to feel a difference in firmness from one side to the other if you poke around (right compared to left) and you might feel a hard mass or a bump, that is your baby! With my first, I started feeling the baby only around 19 weeks (kind of like bubbles popping). With my first I didn't know what the movements felt like, but now I know what to look for so I can identify the baby's movements more easily.

Another thing that works sometimes, when I cough or a sneeze, the baby always move. You could try to cough to see if you feel anything. Or, when you sit down on the floor with your knees up and your feet close to your bottom (I don't know if I am making this clear or not?)but you might feel the baby too. Sometimes when laying down, if you stay still for a long time, you might feel something too. The first time I felt this baby, I was stretching to get something on a high shelf in my kitchen. My tummy was against the kitchen counter and I felt the baby.

I hope this helps!
Be patient, you'll feel the baby soon.

Sweetmelf (edd 10-08-2003)

[This message has been edited by sweetmelf (edited 04-30-2003).]
and baby #3, Alyssa Drew EDD 10-08
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 04-30-2003, 11:44 AM   #12
(female)

UserName HB User
hey ladies
Im here!
Just in the process of finding a new doctor. Nothing new to report.
Still being a coward and havent told my mom yet lol
But the time is near.. I'm thinking on or soon before Mother's Day.
I know she'll go nuts and be angry as hell.
So Im wondering if doing it on mothers day while being sentimental and bringing gifts may soften the blow or maybe even make it nice.. or if that will just ruin tehe whole day and be a terrible idea.. who knows..

Old 04-30-2003, 12:06 PM   #13
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Username, I can't say I know what you're going through, but I really feel for you. Best of luck telling her and I really hope that she takes it well.

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby

Old 04-30-2003, 12:27 PM   #14

Ally2001 HB User
Talking

Hello Everyone! I have been doing good. My pregnancy has been smooth sailing so far so I am VERY thankful for that. Hopefully it will continue that way. I am now 15 weeks. It has been going by fast I think. I think I am feeling the baby move every once in awhile when I am sitting still. My May doctor's appointment is on Friday so I am looking forward to that and getting to hear the heartbeat again.

Ally
EDD 10/21

Closed Thread