It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2003, 08:41 PM   #1

mommyme HB User
Question hCG levels decrease how fast / miscarriage

Hello,
Does anyone know how long the hCG hormone levels decrease after a miscarriage? I went to the doctor yesterday, the urnine test she gave was positive. I had some spotting, back ache and had to go to get a blood test today. It was negative. Less than 24 hours. Confused. Thanks..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 09:02 PM   #2

mommytocolt HB User
I have had a couple of miscarriages so I know that from experience it just depends on how far along you are. If your levels were not very high to begin with, then a negative test is likely. But anyway, when a miscarriage is in progress your HCG levels usually drop very dramatically. Hope that helps a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2003, 04:51 AM   #3

Harley1903 HB User
My 3rd MC hormone levels dropped and the dr. told me the bad news about 5 days before the actual MC. I was just over 5 weeks and on projesterone and prometrium, so the medication possibly delayed things. Other MC's were much quicker, but not any easier to deal with emotionally.

Old 04-30-2003, 12:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

crystalll HB User
That does sound confusing.
I had a miscarriage last year at about 5 weeks, and it took a few days for my hormone levels to drop to zero.
I wish I could be of more help...

Crystal

Closed Thread