It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2003, 09:08 AM   #1
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Angry Swelling..... I feel like a cow!!!

Last night my already-size-nines were feeling kind of funny.... and my slip on shoes were really tight. I took off my shoes to see these huge feet with sausage roll toes. They were better after I got up this morning, but are starting again. I could also not get my rings off last night. I had to use soap. My BP is fine (I have an at home monitor) so I'm just retaining fluid for some reason. And I don't eat alot of salt. It is in the 70-80's here and notoriously Alabama humid. I'm sure this will get much worse before July. Any suggestions? Does drinking extra water really help?

Old 04-30-2003, 10:42 AM   #2

dinhtran HB User
Cool

Hi Siren,

How far along are you, I forgot? Luckily, I haven't had real bad swelling but I did actuallly start swelling at about 32 weeks. It's not real bad but I still feel like my feet are soo tight and when I walk I feel like no blood is going thru. My dx told me that it is very normal and to drink lots and lots of h20 and keep off the salt as much as possible. Salt is in every thing we eat though so its virtually impossible. Just don't add any more. Keep your feet up as much as possible and just rest if you can. Try not to wear tight shoes too.

Its so funny but I don't have any ankle bones anymore( lol)!

So ready to have this baby,

Serena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2003, 01:49 PM   #3

mirandattc6yrs HB User
I too have the swelling, and am now 1/2 days from work..I am to come home..prop my feet up on pillows above my heart, and prob my self to my left side. It has really helped. Drink lots of water, and don't add any salt

------------------
Best Wishes to All!!
Miranda
Twin Boys!! edd 8/14/2003
25yrs & dh 27yrs
6/25/03
25yrs & dh 27yrs

Old 04-30-2003, 01:55 PM   #4

fntsyangel HB User
Another little trick I read when I was pregnant (in the dead of summer in the desert!) is to get in a pool. Not only is it refreshing, but the pressure of the water all around you pushes the extra fluid out of the tissue and back into your blood stream where it belongs!

------------------
Angel, et al

Closed Thread