It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2003, 05:10 PM   #1

phunkyfrank HB User
Post October moms

I am a proud first-timer and am going on 16 weeks. I was wandering if anyone could tell me how much I should be showing about now. I am actually a small person but I feel like I look like I am 6 months rather than 4. I think I have only gained 5 lbs. max so far, but not to be quite sure. Do you think I may be having twins or do you think it is just gas, which I am experiencing a lot of lately. I am already in some maternity clothes. Is this abnormal or is it just me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 06:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Hi Phunkyfrank,

I too, am a first time mommy-to-be, and I'm 18 weeks along. So far I have gained 9 lbs, and it seems to all be in my belly. I think I look further a long then I am too, but my doctor said everthing seems to be right on track. Since you are small framed, maybe all your weight is just going to your belly making you look bigger? I think all women carry differently. Some of the October moms don't even look pregnant, and others seem to be looking 6 months pregnant! I have been in maternity clothes full time since 15 weeks.

I started showing at 9 weeks, and therefore was convinced that I was having twins. I went in for my first check up, and my Dr. gave me a quick u/s to check for multiples. Turns out I was just extremely bloated since there was just one little baby in there. Does your Dr. think you are measuring big? When is your first ultrasound?

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

[This message has been edited by HEAVEN-SENT (edited 05-01-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 11:08 AM   #3

johnandchicken HB User
Thumbs up

hi everyone just wondering if anyone could help me out im 21 and this is my first pregnancy i was told i would be infertile due to my hypothyroid issue ...but 3 months after being on the meds i conceived everything has been fine i am 18 weeks pregnant now and the doc told me my levels are way off ...im worried could that cause damage to the baby and also if you have hypothyroid can you still breast feed/// any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Old 05-01-2003, 11:43 AM   #4
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Hi Phunkyfrank, Welcome and congratulations! This is also my first pregnancy and I'm 18 weeks now. I'm showing a bit, but nobody would notice if they didn't already know I was pregnant. But I notice! I'm in maternity pants full time, but still wearing regular shirts. Although I just bought a bunch of shirts and will start wearing them pretty soon. I've gained 6lbs as of last Monday (haven't weighed in since). My midwife told me at my 17wk appt that I should have been up 10lbs, so I definitely wouldn't worry that you're gaining too much. Have you heard the hearbeat or had an ultrasound? If you suspect twins, those are two good ways to check. You should mention it to your doctor and have it checked out. Also, are you sure about your dates? Maybe you're farther along than you thought. But the way you describe your progress sounds perfectly normal to me.

Johnandchicken, I wish I could give you some advice. You might get more responses if you post a new message. Go to the main pregnancy board and click on "New Topic". Good luck!

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby

Closed Thread