It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2003, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

UserName HB User
Question Hair Coloring

At first I heard it was bad to color your hair during pregnancy. But then i read in a few places that it was ok to do. Just that the fumed were hard to put up with and also a risk that the color wont take or will do something funky to your hair. Around this time of year I usually like to go lighter, almost blonde. And I'm wondering who here kept up with their routine coloring during pregnancy, or who had bad outcomes with coloring. Or if its true thats its bad for baby and should be avoided.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 12:30 PM   #2
Veteran

chrislove HB User
Hi Username, Valerie (my wife) has colored her hair with each pg and we're on number 3. It may not take or it could be slightly different but hers alwasy looks well. I don't know about bleaching, but I've heard high-lights are fine cuz they don't always go to the scalp. Fumes of anything usually make you feel bad when pg. You can check with your doc, but for us it has been fine. Even the high-risk doc said it's ok but try to avoid it during the 1st trimester. ~~~Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 02:52 PM   #3
(female)

MilkNKisses HB User
Unhappy

I have been dying my hair since I was 13 .. dying it black .. WELL I woke up one day and there was not an ounce of black on my hair it all just faded out after I got pregnant so I went to the salon once I was in my second trimester to get my hair done .. $100.00 later and the dye lasted 5 days ... SOOO it just seems to slide off me for some reason .. I forgot how much I hated my natural hair color ... good luck to you on the dye!!

Old 05-02-2003, 09:40 AM   #4
(female)

Lissie2414 HB User
Hi UserName
I was told that it was Ok to highlight my hair since that did not touch the scalp. They did tell me to be cautious if I wanted to dye my hair. They said that there was not anything conclusively found to be bad with it but that were not 100% sure that it was safe since it is a chemical and it does come in contact with your scalp. Luckily I only use highlights so I was all set to go. I hope that this helps.

Happy Pregnancies
Lissie
11/22/03

Old 05-02-2003, 10:47 AM   #5

Trac y HB User
My stylist said highlights are ok, since it doesn't touch the scalp. I had mine highlighted in April, that's when I found out I was pregnant. The highlights didn't take too well. My roots look like they weren't even touched and my bangs are blonde!!

Closed Thread