It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2003, 01:01 PM   #1

fluffylala HB User
Angry Argh! Getting screwed!

I'm so mad at the company I'm working for! They just told us our insurance was cancelled since Jan 31st and I'm 5 months pregnant. On top of that they are still taking money out of our paychecks even though we have no insurance. They told us that all that money is going to the insurance co. which I think is a crock! I told them to cancel my insurance so they would quit taking the money out and they said I'd have to wait till June!!! WHY? OUR INSURANCE IS CANCELLED ANYWAY!!! Tonight, I have to go sign up for Medicaid. I really could use that extra money they are taking from me to pay for something other than nothing!!! And why did it take them 3 months to tell us we had no insurance?! They told us they didn't know..yeah..right! AUGH! Had to vent! Any suggestions? I'm afraid I'll get fired if I try to take any actions.

Old 05-01-2003, 02:39 PM   #2
(female)

marilyn60 HB User
call the Nevada State Insurance Commisioner and your county Representative, and your Senator's offices, and ask where you can file a complaint against this company.

Sounds real bogus to me! Keep all the pay stubs showing your insurance was paid.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 06:35 PM   #3

lmeckman HB User
I am sorry to hear that! I'm sure you are good and mad. This is not what you need right now, I hope you can get it worked out soon. Hang in there.

------------------
edd of baby #2 9/21/03 (my son Evan's Birthday!)

Old 05-01-2003, 08:52 PM   #4

gemcutterswife HB User
yeah call a lawyer, he'll have a field day with this one...its illegal, find the right lawyer and you'll be sittin pretty

Old 05-02-2003, 10:46 AM   #5
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
DO NOT LET THIS SLIDE. If you are paying for insurance, then they HAVE to cover you! Please keep a copy of all of your check stubs showing that insurance is being taken out and get yourself a lawyer.

Even if you lose this job because of fighting it will could win enough money to not worry about it. And it is OK to use government help with the baby until you are back on your feet.

Do not let them get bye with it.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Closed Thread