It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2003, 10:19 AM   #1
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Post October Moms

How is everybody? I felt the baby this weekend for the first time! I almost cried when I realized what it was. So far I've only felt it while lying on my back or reclining. It's like a little pulse in my lower belly. It's totally random and very distinct. I felt it about 7 or 8 times on Saturday and less so on Sunday - probably because I was more active and paying less attention. I've been sitting at my desk at work with my feet up waiting to feel it again. It's happened about twice so far this morning.

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby

Old 04-22-2003, 11:19 AM   #2

Karcia HB User
Woohoo!! Congratulations. That is so exciting. I have a feeling that once we can feel the babies moving all the time, we will wonder how we felt confident without feeling anything. I think I may feel the odd little twinge, but nothing concrete yet. Our due dates are the same, kmc, so hopefully it will be stronger soon. I am pretty sure I can feel something the odd time. Did you have a nice weekend? Mine was great. Our weather here was so nice, my DH and I spent most of the day outside, and had our first outdoor meal. I just love spring!!

Karcia 10/01

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2003, 11:27 AM   #3
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Karcia, I'm sure you'll feel something soon. I can't believe we're 17 weeks already! I read that the baby should be around 5 inches now. I also ready that it'll be about 9 inches in a couple of weeks. Seems like a pretty big growth spurt is coming. I guess that's why most women start feeling them around this time.

We had great weather here too, but I was sooo lazy. I only went out once for a short walk and spent the rest of the time lounging indoors. I've been so tired lately - especially at work. I actually shut my office door yesterday and laid on the floor under my desk for a quick nap!

Old 04-22-2003, 01:16 PM   #4

Karcia HB User
Talking

That is hilarious! I have windows on my office door, so I would be easily seen. That paints quite a picture, you all curled up under your desk. You are so right about it being 17 weeks already. It just blows my mind. I just looked at the EDD list, and we are in the middle now. I remember so well being at the bottom, the newbies. Now I am over 200 posts! This is crazy. I am so glad you, Heaven & I are all doing so well. I always look forward to chatting with you two. Especially since our symptoms seem to be the same. You are right about the growth spurt. I read that too! That is nuts. Prepare to be tired! I read that this week, at that 5 inches, the baby is the approx size of your hand, fully extended. I was excited when it was the size of my fist. Now my whole hand. Time is going so fast, yet I feel like I wish it would hurry up. I suppose this tired feeling is nothing like the one we'll have when we are up all night with a crying baby! Enjoy your evening, and I am glad you had a relaxing weekend.

Karcia.
Edd 10/01

Old 04-22-2003, 03:49 PM   #5
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
I was just thinking that about being in the middle of the EDD list. It's so much fun to watch yourself slowly crawl up towards the top. It seems like it'll be forever before we're up there though. I'm glad I can share it with you guys.

You're so right about expecting to be tired as a new mom. I'm really trying to appreciate the opportunites I have to sleep in and relax on the weekends. I'm also going to try to see as many movies as possible before the baby comes (I know it'll be all Disney and animation for the next few years). And we're planning to go out to dinner to as many nice restaurants as possible (not the kind with crayons on the table). Life is definitely going to change!

Old 04-23-2003, 10:57 AM   #6

Ally2001 HB User
Talking

Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well. I know I haven't been posting very much but that was b/c I was working 52 hours a week! But now I am a housewife, just staying home, resting, and taking some time to myself before the baby gets here.

I can't wait till I feel my baby move. That has to be a great feeling. I am 14 weeks so I should be getting close.

When is everyone having the BIG U/S? I don't have mine till the first week in June. Seems so far away.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Have a great day!

Ally
EDD 10/21/03

Old 04-23-2003, 11:46 AM   #7
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Hi Ally,

It must be such a huge relief to have some time off. I'll be leaving my job in a couple of months (because DH and I are moving out of state), and I'm really looking forward to some time to myself before the baby arrives. I'll have three whole months to relax before my life changes forever!

I have an appt this Friday so I hope to find out about when/if I'll have the big U/S then. June will be here in no time. Let's just hope the babies cooperate and show us their stuff.

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby

Old 04-23-2003, 11:59 AM   #8

BonBon24 HB User
I am envious of everyone who has felt their baby. I am 17 weeks today and nothing yet. I lie in bed everynight and just wait.... Soon I hope! The US Tech told me yesterday that the baby was kicking like crazy so it is just a matter of time. Hope you all are well, Bon

EDD Oct 1, 2003

Old 04-23-2003, 12:27 PM   #9

Karcia HB User
Hi Ally and Bon: great to hear from you again. That is great, Ally. Enjoy the peace and quiet, it won't last long! Bon, we are due the same day, and I have no concrete belly feelings yet, but every once in awhile I get a twinge, and I suspect MAYBE that is it. It is not even every day. Hang in there, it will happen. I can't wait either. My big ultrasound is May 15th. I can't wait, but we got a new ultrasound machine here that is so unbelievably clear, my DH & will try as hard as we can not to see anything. The Doctor will tell us quickly when to look away. We REALLY don't want to know the sex. We want that to be a surprise. Otherwise, it may feel like Christmas, when you know what you are getting. I just love surprises. DH is the same way, luckily we are together on this.

Have a great day everyone.

Karcia.
Edd 10/01

Old 04-23-2003, 01:05 PM   #10
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Whoo Hoo! The three of us are all 17 weeks today. Now that's something to celebrate. I haven't felt much down there the past couple of days. I think I felt it this weekend because I was so inactive. Isn't it amazing that our babies are the size of our hand and we can't feel them moving around more? It makes you realize how strong our uteruses must be.

Old 04-23-2003, 04:40 PM   #11

catnedward HB User
Talking

hey hey hey,
I am not sure if I'm feeling movement or not, the other night I felt an air bubble and lots of shifting of the lump. Today I can't feel it, just a faint pulse. I can't wait till I really start to feel kicking, and for the mean time....I worry! The morning sickness is easing off and I'm feeling pretty good. I have an appt. next week and I think they will be giving me an U/S because I am flying to the UK at the beginning of May. Fingers crossed everything is ok. During the last U/S at 12 weeks the baby was kicking around like crazy!
Is it really 17 weeks? Isn't that strange, soon we will be the women that the new ones ask advice from :O

------------------
EDD - October 2 2003

Old 04-24-2003, 08:08 AM   #12
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Glad to hear your M/S is easing up Cat. Good luck with the U/S next week. Do you want to find out the sex? You may be the first October mom to know. Let us know how it goes.

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby

Old 04-25-2003, 12:06 PM   #13

Ally2001 HB User
Smile

I am very much enjoying this time to myself. But I still look forward to the day the baby comes. October seems like forever away but I know it will be here soon.

kmc235, good luck with your doctor's appointment. I have an appointment next Friday morning. I will keep my fingers crossed that the babies show their stuff.

Karcia, I give you a lot of credit for being able to wait till the birth to find out the sex of your baby. I'm just too much of a planner to wait.

Old 04-25-2003, 01:30 PM   #14
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
I just got back from my appointment. Everything went well. Thanks for the well wishes Ally. My midwife actually told me that I haven't gained enough weight. She said that at 17 weeks I should have gained about 10lbs! I've gained about 4 or 5 so far. Anyone else in my boat? How much have the rest of you gained? I heard the heartbeat (about 140bpm) and the baby kept moving all over the place. It was so refreshing to hear it again.

She gave me the option to have a sonogram, but I'm not sure if I want one. This is a bit of a dilemma for me. I've had three friends whose sonograms showed cysts on the brains and all of them had normal babies. I'm just so scared of something going wrong and then being stressed out for the rest of my pregnancy. One of my friends who had this experience was actually counselled for abortion (even though she never would have considered it) and everything turned out fine. I think I'd rather not know if there's a problem (especially if there really isn't one). Is that awful? Do you think I'm being irresponsible for not wanting this? I would love to know the sex, but I just don't know if I want to risk finding out some bad news. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif Otherwise, things are great...

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby

Old 04-26-2003, 07:29 AM   #15

Ally2001 HB User
kmc235, I am glad to hear your appointment went well. I know I always feel good after my appointment since the doctor keeps telling me everything looks great!

I have gained about 6lbs so far.

I would go ahead and have the sonogram. Just keep thinking positive. I'm sure everything is fine with your baby.

Closed Thread