It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2003, 10:24 PM   #1
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Post looking forward to meeting new people

Hi everyone, like my message subject says , I am new to this and looking forward to meeting new people. I have so many questions its not funny, i will be posting furiously LOL I am 16 weeks pregnant, due on 18/10/2003 or as the americans do 10/18/2003 LOL I am an Australian incase anyone is wondering..I have a few complications such as diabeties, but like I already said will be posting to hopefully have any unanswered questions answered.....The reason for the user name is quite simple, I have one son who is 17yrs old, i gave birth to him when I was 17 LOL am now 34, 35 this October, and this was quite literally a surprise baby...my partner is about to turn 45 and due to an injury about 15 yrs ago was told he wouldnt have any more children, I also had complications down below, so this really is our little miracle baby...anyway wont ramble on, im just starved for someone to talk to LOL :bouncing

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003

Old 05-02-2003, 01:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Hi there Surprise! And welcome to these boards

I'm at the TTC stage right now, so can't offer much advice in that department, but there are lots of lovely PG ladies here who will give you the support you need.

Again, welcome. BTW, which part of Australia do you live in, if I may ask?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2003, 02:20 AM   #3
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Hi Nela, thankyou for replying ! I am in Adelaide South Australia....Good luck with your TTC

Old 05-02-2003, 04:44 AM   #4
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
Welcome to the boards. You will get addicted to here real quick. It is really fun to talk to other pregnant women.

I am pregnant with my second. I have a 4 yr old boy. and I am 28 weeks pregnant with a girl. One of each. And I am done.

I don't really know much about being pregnant with diabeties. There are a couple of people on here that are. I have low sugar, so I just have to be sure to eat something with carbs in it every 2 hours.

Ask any questions you want to.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 05-02-2003, 06:21 AM   #5

lmeckman HB User
Welocme! This is a great place to meet people, and just to just sit back and watch. What does your 17 yr old think about being a big brother? God must have a special plan for this baby, for you to have it against all odds! How do you feel about having another baby now?
My name is Larissa, I'm 20w today with baby #2. Glad to have you on the boards.

------------------
edd of baby #2 9/21/03 (my son Evan's Birthday!)

Old 05-02-2003, 06:56 AM   #6
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
My son is really happy to be becoming a brother finally after all these years.....even though he will be close to 18 by the time it is born......I am absolutely estatic at becoming a mum again, but also terrified, in a way its like having my first all over again...it may sound odd, but it doesnt seem real to me yet, even though i am starting to show...still havent felt it move yet...i cant wait for that..i have my ultrasound on the 23rd of may and hope to find out what i am having, even though i dont care either way..though it would be nice to have a little girl as my partner also has a son to his previous marriage, but he is hoping for another boy...maybe its a male thing lol....by the way i am already addicted lol I spent over 6 hours reading through all the old topics posted over the last 75 days LOL

Old 05-02-2003, 07:05 AM   #7

Pecan Brown HB User
Talking

Welcome! Like someone said earlier, it can really become addicting. I find myself posting from work.

------------------
PECAN BROWN

Old 05-02-2003, 07:28 AM   #8

Trac y HB User
Welcome to the boards!

Old 05-02-2003, 10:25 AM   #9
Veteran

angelsen HB User
Welcome Surprise!!!! That is sooo amazing how you were able to conceive against all those odds!!! It's obvious you are meant to have this baby!!!

I am 27, dh is 24. I am 27 wks. today and my little girl has been moving soooo much lately!!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

I am sure you will feel your little miracle very soon!!!! It's probably been sooo long that it will take you longer like us first timers to feel your baby.

I pray all continues well for you and your little blessing!!!!

------------------
God Bless!!!!
It's a girl!!!!
Noelle Marie due 8/1

Old 05-02-2003, 04:39 PM   #10
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Hi Angelhansen, well in answer to your question about trying to concieve, WE WERE NOT TRYING LOL i went to the doctors to ask for a blood test to have a hormone level check, the thought never crossed my mind that i could be pregnant....My partner told me the night we met that he couldnt have anymore children, which i accepted because i didnt really think that i could either, i had had abnormal smears come back over a couple of years and had some minor surgery and was also told that i had cysts on my ovaries, but never bothered to follow up on it....So when i sat in the doctors office and he started asking me about did i want more children or had i been trying, i proceeded to tell him how my partner had been injured about 15 yrs ago in a rodeo accident, and it just didnt come into the equasion ...I saw this look come over the doctors face and he said well without proper testing your partner shouldnt have been told that because you have tested positive to a pregnancy test ....I just burst into tears and said there must be a mistake LOL He assured me there wasnt....When i first got out to my car, all i kept thinking is Jules will think i have been sleeping around ( which i assure you i wasnt lol ) anyway trying to really cut a long story short here, i went to another doctor a few days later and had another test done, POSITIVE again lol....i still wasnt convinced ! The doctor wanted to send me to the emergency room anyway as my sugar levels were sky high, so while there they done a vaginal ultrasound and sure enough i was 5 weeks 5 days pregnant and saw the little heart beating 100 beats a minute....here i am now 16 weeks pregnant and still dont really believe it LOL sorry if i am going on, but it has all seemed like a dream to me really.....i probably wont really believe till he or she is in my arms LOL every person i speak to say this baby is well and truly meant to be and i agree !!!

Old 05-02-2003, 06:46 PM   #11
Inactive

dingo_102 HB User
Hi and welcome to the boards suprisebaby . I've always wanted to vacation in Australia. Heard it's beautiful. Anyway--My name is April--I'm 20w1d pg with a wiggly little baby boy. Congratulations on your little miracle baby. Here's to a happy and healthy nine months.

Take care and if you have any questions just ask us

april
9/19 It's a Boy

Old 05-02-2003, 08:45 PM   #12
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Hi Dingo, I thought with a name like that you were australian LOL so you have a wiggly baby boy LOL I havent felt mine move yet...just 16 weeks though, a couple of weeks ago i thought i felt something odd, but nothing since then...I have my ultrasound on the 23rd of this month and am hoping to find out what i am having....I have really popped out in the last week though....no denying i am pregnant now LOL
thanks for welcoming me

Closed Thread