It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2003, 02:16 PM   #1
Veteran

angelsen HB User
Talking July/August Club

Hey everyone how's it going?? Haven't really talked to much of you lately. I hope you are all staying healthy!! I am finally feeling better after a month of that crappy cold/flu thing.

Tonight I am actually going to try to make enchiladas! I have been craving Mexican food pretty bad. I think that is my first real strong craving yet.

Anyone else having cravings??

Does anyone know what happened to Newlittlemomma, Milknkisses, and I am sure there is someone else that is in our club, but hasn't been on in a loooonnnng time??

Hey Chris - how's it going? Haven't really seen you on here much. Is Val doing better with her depression? Please give Val a hug for me! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif I pray you and all your beautiful princesses and queen are doing well and of course your little "stinky"!!

Soon I will be having an office again and won't have to be such a stranger!!!!

------------------
God Bless!!!!
It's a girl!!!!
Noelle Marie due 8/1

Old 04-29-2003, 03:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bellestar HB User
Hello to all! I am glad to hear you are feeling better Angelhansen! I am doing ok. I been feeling pretty crummy lately and the other day my DH and I went to look at a Day Care b/c they fill up quick around here! I was all excited when we got there but as we were looking at it I was getting more and more unhappy with just the thought that I would have to leave my little ANgel in someone else's care! I got home and could not stop crying! I called my Mom in Michigan and cried to her and she said it was normal to feel that way and that she felt that way at first too! Then she got to stay hom with us so it was all better. Ijust told her I could not stand the thought of someone else taking care of my child but in order to provide for the baby and keep our house I have to go back to work. It is a bummer but I will be ok. I have just been so emotional lately that it is terrible! All I want to do is cry - AT EVERYTHING! My DH had been wonderful and has really been helping around the house which has been great! I hope this emotionalness is over soon because I am tired of crying!
Have a great day to all!!

------------------
Bellestar
EDD 8/17/03
1st Child! ITS A GIRL!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 04:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
Hi everyone

Angel, I am so glad to hear you are finally feeling better!

Bellestar, I know leaving your baby with someone else must be very tough. I don't know what to say, but that it must get easier with time. I baby sat my nephew for the first four months that my sister went back to work, and she cried the first few times even though she was leaving him with her sister.

Well, there really isn't much going on with me. Feeling good, walking alot, drinking TONS of water and thats about it!

Old 04-29-2003, 07:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kippy6 HB User
Angel - I'm glad you're feeling better too! Hope you had a beautiful day like we did where I live.
Bellestar - I had to go back to work with my 1st child, and a little w/my 2nd. I know what you mean. I was emotional at first. I was blessed though; my company allowed me to work at home half of the week. I think it will get easier w/time.

I had my 24 week appt. today. I'm soooo excited...I ONLY GAINED 3 POUNDS THIS MONTH!!! Thanks to all who suggested drinking lots of water. It has helped sooo much!! Also, I saw a different OB in the practice. This guy is very much pro v-backs, and said he'd talk to all the Drs. in their weekly meeting tomorrow about my case, and about how much I want a v-back and not a c-section. He didn't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to have one! It's been a GREAT DAY!

Old 04-30-2003, 05:17 AM   #5
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
I feel like I am running out of time! I feel like there is so much to do before the baby comes and I am not going to be able to get it all done! We started on the baby's room and so far it looks beautiful. My DH has done all the work. He put up white panneling instead of the brown that was in there and he did it all himself. I am so proud of him.

I have to order all of the baby stuff online because it is not available in the stores. So that is taking time.

I feel like I am just really stressed out and I don't know how to relax.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 04-30-2003, 05:36 AM   #6

Epiphany HB User
Kippy that is so exciting! I am happy that you found an OB that you feel more comfortable with.

I have been so emotional lately too. More feeling out of touch and like everything is kinda surreal. Just getting used to the idea of having a baby here in just over 8 weeks I think... That and I've always had a guilt complex, I'm a "caretaker" type personality ya know...so maybe I'm feeling guilty now because everything isn't ready or something. *sigh* Its like a terrible period magnified 1,000x.
Hang in there Bellestar! We'll get thru this part!

Other than that I'm happy about how great physically I'm feeling. Except the ligament pain on my left side is back. Rolling over at night is a 3 step process now. lol Now if I could just drink more water like Kippy and Coppertop...

Old 04-30-2003, 06:23 AM   #7
Veteran

chrislove HB User
Hello AngelH and all the other beautiful mommies on here ! Sorry I have been "in-cognito" around here lately, it's the job. I try to at least read for a few everyday...

Glad to hear that you are all coping with this glorious and difficult time. To give you an update: Val and I went to our appt yesterday (missed the last one) and she has gained 20 lbs. bp is good, baby's heartbeat is great, urine is clear (Val drinks lots of water), cervix is closed tight and high (had an exam froma ll the bh's she has been having)and she already asked the doc about induction. He said maybe a week early or a week late he'd do it. He also said that if she start ot measure big they will do it. She measured right at 27 weeks. She has one more appt in a month then will go every 2 weeks and every week she will go for NSt's (non-stress tests to measure fetal heartrate, movement and any contractions). We may get one more u/s also. Val is really hoping for a smaller baby this time and that he's shaped like a bullet, hehe. Where is Lovelym:O)e ??? I really miss you guys and have been going through board withdrawals, so I hope to keep up more often. Val has also been dealing with these migraines still, but she's coping. Only tossed her cookies once this week. She is feeling all of the mixed emotions that you are all experiencing also and the recurrent pain in her mid-section too. Maybe cuz it's her third, she feel really stretched out. pg, it's a beautiful thing ! (glad I don't have to go through it though:O) Hope you are all well....thinking about you and getting Val some ice-cream today. Love ya's, Chris

Old 04-30-2003, 06:48 AM   #8
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
good morning .I had a doc apt yesterday just routine everything good.
I gained 3 pounds only this past month.

They want me to come an have another u/s next moth cause the baby seems a little bigger then should so they think i might be a few weeks further than we thought.

------------------
EDD-AUGUST 15
baby boy # 3

Old 04-30-2003, 09:11 AM   #9
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Eeyore and Kippy - I will now deem you the 3lb wonders and hope to GOD that I become one of them come May 7th!

Epiphany - You'll get it all done...don't worry. Then, as you know, after we think we've done it, it all comes apart when we end up doing the middle of the night feedings and what not. The ligament pain is so true!

Angel - YOU DID IT!! No more crappy cold!!! How were your enchiladas? YUM! Man I'm hungary!

Eeyore - I really hope I get that news! I have been wanting to graduate and be more weeks along then I am!

Bellestar - I suggest that (if you can) find a friend or family memeber close by that you trust to watch the baby for the first week. Then have the baby go to nursery care. This way you will have gotten to be away for the first week which helps you and the baby adjust to being apart and when it comes time for the daycare you kinda already know how you'll feel. The family member idea helped me even though I did it for longer than a week at first. It just helps you get used to leaving them and knwoing that at first they are with a friend or family member helps. Try to look at it as ...you will be right back. Always tell the baby that you'll come back and make it a rutien. Also...if they cry...say I love you, see ya in a while and walk away. It does the baby and you a disservice to drag it out. You'll be okay. After a couple weeks you will be a pro! Besides there is nothing like knowing that it is you that baby wants most when you walk through that door to pick them up!

Chris - Man your job might keep you busy, but all that hard work will pay off. Like me, we have no name for our little guy! My girls are happy it's a boy. Did even one of your girls want a girl? My 4 year old said she already had a sister so she wanted a brother. This boy better never complain that he doesn't have a brother because tough cookies!! I'll have to get him a puppy.

Kelly - Are all your aches and pains still back? You spoke to soon girly!!!

We can do it!! We are almost there! Home stretch here we come!! Tucks and mattress pads all night long!! I can I just say...AMEN TO DERMOPLAST ANTISPETIC SPRAY!!!

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Old 04-30-2003, 11:04 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

bellestar HB User
THank you guys so much for the advice about the day care! They are all great and I do like the idea of leaving my angel with a family memeber first. That really might help! It was such a good point to think that the baby is really going to want me the most to walk back through that door! THANK YOU! I feel a bit better already! I will have to try to be strong when that time comes and just remember not to drag it out and tell her I love her and will be right back
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

------------------
Bellestar
EDD 8/17/03
1st Child! ITS A GIRL!!!!

Old 04-30-2003, 01:57 PM   #11

mirandattc6yrs HB User
I haven't been on in awhile either. Glad everyone seems to be doing well.

I don't want to leave the babies either. My MIL & a friend are going to watch them, then we have worked out so that I can quit work and stay home with them...I am just going back because the insurance won't cover otherwise. I will go back, give my notice, and that is it.

Swelling is starting to get better, I am now on 1/2 days..coming home propping my feet up above my heart and then I am propped to the left. Uncomfortable, but I know it is worth it.

------------------
Best Wishes to All!!
Miranda
Twin Boys!! edd 8/14/2003
25yrs & dh 27yrs
6/25/03
25yrs & dh 27yrs

Old 04-30-2003, 02:49 PM   #12
(female)

MilkNKisses HB User
Well all thanks for thinking of me .. I'm still here but work is crazy and Im trying to train my fill in for while Im out of leave ..

I feel SOOO round .. the other night my BF and I went out for pizza and I slid into the booth and my tummy was touching the table!!! I dont know when I got so round .. I think it must have snuck up on me.

I have given up on maternity clothes ... I have the maternity pants and I just wear mens t shirts in XL .. its working ok for me and at least my job is very casually dressed.

I am glad to hear that everyone else is having pains and stuff again .. I thought it was only me. Its not yet the 3rd trimester for me .. I wonder how Ill make it sometimes ..

Anyway .. even if Im not posting .. Im reading and wishing you all well!!

Old 04-30-2003, 07:13 PM   #13
Veteran

wattagirl HB User
hey all-well here is my update-the hb seems to be letting up somewhat but i tell you i'm getting pretty scared about my back-i have periods all through the day where i can't put any weight on my left leg-i have had to start staying home now because i am afraid to lift my dd out of the carseat and carry her-it just comes and goes and i tell you the pain is unbelievable-if i thought they could do anything i would go to the emergency room-oh well-just another price we have to pay-worth every dime-well have a good day/night

Old 04-30-2003, 08:30 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

kippy6 HB User
Hi wattagirl - what are the pains in your leg like? Are they more like a sciatic (sp?) nerve, or just achy legs? Sharp or dull? How long have you had this? I've been having some sciatic nerve pains in my lower back, and even my shoulder.

My 24 week US today at perinatal's office went well. No birth defects. Baby is a week and 2 days ahead of growth schedule. About 65 percentile. She's still a girl.

Old 05-01-2003, 07:39 AM   #15
Veteran

chrislove HB User
Hello Marie and ladies, to answer your ? marie, yes at the beginning, Becca (4yr old) said she'd like a boy. But that was for about one day, then they both kinda went back/forth and now are real excited to be having a brother. Becca is fascinated with the fact that her lil bro will have different plumbing than she. Her favorite word seems to be penis right now and she likes to use it at the most embarrassing times too. Kids !!!:O) Val had a couple of painful contractions last night, but thank God they've subsided. She is trying to remember to count her bh's too but does not want to go to the hospital. She once spent 43 days in the hospital when Randa was only 2 1/2 months old, that was hard. But she will do whatever needs to be done to keep our son well. I'm really starting to wonder who will deliver on here first for july/august ? All these babies are going to be sooo much work and FUN ! have a nice day ! Chris

Closed Thread