It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2003, 08:38 AM   #1

kmerriman HB User
Question How common is it to have neg HPT but actually be pregnant?

I am 6 days late, I am very tired and have sore nipples (which I usually do not get as part of my PMS). I have a pretty regular cycle, usually 28-30 days. I have taken tests almost every day since my first missed day but all have been negative. I was using Accu-clear then I switched to First Response because I thought they might be more sensitive. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow to see if I can get a blood test but I just wandered if anyone else had ever had this experience and if I am pregnant does it mean something could be wrong because the hormone is not showing up in my urine. Thanks in advance for any responses, I am a bit nervous about this as this was our first time TTC.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 08:53 AM   #2
Inactive

siren24 HB User
I have heard of this many times from several women on the board. It didn't happen to me personally, but it is fairly common to get negative HTP's and positive blood tests. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2003, 07:27 PM   #3
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
with my last baby they all showed up neg until I was 3 1/2 months and with this one I was 6-7 weeks before it showed up positive.

------------------
EDD-AUGUST 15
baby boy # 3

Old 05-03-2003, 11:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
You shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just give it time. Do be a little cautious. I've had 3 ectopics and my tests kept coming out negative cause my hormones weren't rising appropriately. Of course they were negative with my son also until I was several weeks. Be persistent and ask for a beta quantitative HCG. It costs a little more, but it gives an actual # to show how far along you should be. They match those with your last cycle to determine if the pregnancy looks like it has a normal pattern...good luck

Old 05-05-2003, 11:34 AM   #5

kmerriman HB User
First of all thanks to all of those who responded! Well I went for me blood work on Saturday morning and wouldn't you know Sunday night I started getting that period feeling and sure enough I was spotting. Still spotting today and starting to get the period cramps. The doctor called this afternoon and said blood test was negative. I was of course disappointed but expected it after I started to spot. I was never this late before, today would be ten days late. This was the first time me and DH TTC. We had a big scare with DH being in the hospital right around O time so maybe that is why I am so late. (DH is fine by the way) If I don't start full flow in a day or two I will call the doc. Thanks again for your help, it is so nice to talk to other people who have had same problems!

Closed Thread