It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2003, 11:22 AM   #1

jojojen HB User
Unhappy Not looking good..

Been bleeding a lot since yesterday. Noticed small clot like tissue earlier on.

My preg symptoms have not subsided though. I still have really sore bbs, feel constantly nauseous and bloated.

I am praying it is something else. Will have to just sit it out until Monday. Do you know if I will get my results back on Monday or will I have to wait another day or so after?

Old 05-01-2003, 11:32 AM   #2

Trac y HB User
I will be praying for you and your baby.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 12:00 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bellestar HB User
YOu are in my thoughts and prayers! I don't how you can sound so calm especially since you have to wait until Monday! I hope all turns out well!!

Old 05-02-2003, 11:00 AM   #4
(female)

Starbuk498 HB User
I hope all turns out well for you.....
As for the wait, I really don't know. If it involves a blood test, it will probably have to go to a lab - which might take a day or 2 -

Hope you are able to get the results right away.

Take care and god bless,

------------------
~Stefanie
IT'S A BOY!
~EDD 7/15/03~

Old 05-06-2003, 11:52 PM   #5
(male)

HGF109 HB User
Your in my prayers as well . . .

Hang in there . . . God will pre-vail with the best, as with all situations . . . try not to stress it as much as possible and you'll have ur answers soon

Old 05-07-2003, 05:41 AM   #6

jojojen HB User
Well, what a week.

On Monday I went to the Doctor who told me that it is not totally uncommon to bleed in the first few months of pregnancy. He did an u/s and could see that the placenta had come away from the uterus wall (something like that). He said that I could miscarry, and then again I could not. So I went back to work as normal and the bleeding seemed to stop.

So anyway, yesterday a huge clot fell out of me accompanied by heavy bleeding. I rushed to the doctor completely convinced I was miscarrying. I got there and he checked my cervix and said it was completely closed and that the clots were the result of old blood. He did another blood test which I should get the results today. He basically said that if my hcg levels are normal then it could still go either way, if they are low or are dropping then I should have an emergency DNC.

Do you think I should get a second opinion?

Old 05-07-2003, 06:11 AM   #7
Veteran

JsBaby HB User
Jojo, first I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how difficult the stress is. Basically, the hcG levels will tell you where you stand. If they are rising then everything is still moving along now. If they are stagnant or dropping, then unfortunately something has gone wrong. Bleeding can't really tell you for sure, since it can happen in successful and non-sucessful pregnancies.

Keeping you in my prayers......

Sorry - I should add that I meant a BETA hcg, so a test one day, and then another test later to see wether it's rising or not. One blood test can't tell you for sure.

hugs to you

[This message has been edited by JsBaby (edited 05-07-2003).]

****sticky baby dust wishes****

Old 05-07-2003, 07:40 AM   #8

Trac y HB User
JoJo, I am so sorry you are going through this. I will keep you and your baby in my prayers.

Old 05-07-2003, 11:27 AM   #9
Veteran

chrislove HB User
JoJO, you are in our prayers....Chris

Old 05-07-2003, 12:36 PM   #10

sarah_december HB User
jojen-- I have been thinking about you since your last post when you said you were bleeding. I had an u/s and I am having the same problem--there is blood between my uterus and placenta (sub-placental tear or something). The dr. said there is still a potential for miscarriage, but we saw a heartbeat, so that is a good sign. Did the u/s detect a heartbeat? Sometimes it's too early for the u/s to detect.
Keep thinking positive thoughts, I know it's hard. From what I understand that type of bleeding is fairly common, they don't know why it happens, but it often goes away on its own.
You and your baby are in my thoughts.

Old 05-07-2003, 12:56 PM   #11
Inactive

dingo_102 HB User
Hi Jojo..I am keeping you, baby and family in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that everything goes well for you!

Take Care,
April
9/19 It's a Boy!

Closed Thread