It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 01:09 AM   #1
(female)

ashley518 HB User
Low HCG, possible miscarriage

I am pretty certain I started my period on nov. 3rd and it last for about 6-7 days. I started spotting very light brown blood on the 24th. I took 3 pregnancy tests on nov. 29th, and they all were positive. I went to the hospital the next day nov. 30th, just to make sure that everything was okay because I have been spotting since yesterday (nov. 30th) that would make a total of 7 days spotting. They gave me 2 pregnancy tests that came back negative. They took blood to test the HCG levels and it came back positive but very low. 28 to be exact. They told me this could mean a possible miscarriage or its just very early in the pregnancy. They told me to come back in 2-3 days. I am not sure but if the calculations are correct I would be around 3-4 weeks pregnant? I was researching HCG levels and 28 sounds normal for this early. The doctors at the hospital were saying they were very low and should be around 1000? If anyone could give any insight, it would be much appreciated!

Last edited by ashley518; 12-01-2010 at 01:11 AM.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
Re: Low HCG, possible miscarriage

When I got my BFP, my HCG level was around 20. It was only about 12 days after ovulation/intercourse also.
To me it sounds reasonable and maybe just early. Give yourself some time and try to relax as much as possible. At the same time, prepare yourself if it should turn out to be miscarriage...but don't lose hope either!
Hugs!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
(female)

ashley518 HB User

Thank you. I've been worrying so much since i came home from the hospital. Its the only thing on my mind! Im trying to keep hope! I've tested my self about 4 times since then...its only been a day though. They all keep coming back negative! I dont understand because I took 3 tests the other day and they were ALL positive and my blood work was positive but now the tests are negative I was told to go back in 2-3 days to get my HCG tested again. Hopefully the numbers have risen!

Old 12-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
(female)

ashley518 HB User

Well I just got back from the hospital and my levels have risen to 41.... its not much but its a good sign that they are rising... I am happy and keeping hope and faith that everything will be okay!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Yay! That is promising!!!

Old 12-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
(female)

rmurphy HB User

Hello, I too am having a problem with low hcg levels. I conceived around 11/28 and took 3 HPT's 12/12, 12/13 and 12/16 all positive. I started spotting red, pink and brown on and off starting on 12/17. I am no longer spotting but my hcg level on 12/20 was only 52. I'm going again in the morning to have another hcg test done. I'm not sure what to think right now. I've been told just to take it easy which is darn near impossible with a 4 year old at home. I'm hoping your levels are still rising.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

To Ashley: They're rising, that's great news!! And doubling, that's always a good sign. doctors are famous for being pessimistic....I guess because they don't want to raise hopes and get sued if something goes wrong. But the point is, it's up to us to be positive. Create a net of support (ie friends & family) in case something goes wrong, but also to celebrate with when everything is okay. I know it's against common advice, but... focus on your hopes being high. If something goes wrong, then you'll deal with it then. But right now... you need to take it easy and focus on being positive.

Rmurphy: I'm so hoping everything goes okay for you. I know it's nearly impossible to be relaxed wth a four year old, but try to be positive. A low number doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing, I know women who had verrrry lowhcg who ended up going full term with healthy babies. I know you can't take it easy physically, but try to take it easy mentally. Hugs!

Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
(female)

rmurphy HB User

Update: I received my levels today and they rose to 61, only a 9 point increase. My doctor was concerned that they raised so little so they sent me today to have an u/s because they were worried about a possible ectopic. Well, the u/s showed nothing! No ectopic, no sac, nothing. They can't find the baby anywhere. The doctors are confused because I also stopped spotting completely. They are still telling me to prepare for a miscarriage or possible ectopic. According to my LMP (11/16/10) I should be 5w2d so something should show somewhere. I'm so confused right now, I don't know if I should be happy or sad because I feel like I'm in limbo. I go on Monday for another hcg test and I will continue to go every two days until they figure out what is going on.

Thanks for your response Princess, I'm trying to relax but it's hard.....especially with the holidays coming.

Closed Thread