It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 10:22 AM   #1
Veteran

chrislove HB User
Arrow val's appt's and june/july/august moms

Hello Mommies and all of the other great Ladies on here too !! How are you today ? Well, I only have a minute (work again), but wanted to say "hey". Val goes for another u/s tomorrow and my parents may go with her. I have to work so we can get another video for me to watch to see how much Jack has grown. With Val's diabetes she now has to go for weekly Nst's (non-stress tests) and one more u/s. Her next docs appt is on June 10th but she will start her nst's next monday. We are excited and worried a bit but hope all is well. Val is sick again today (tossing her bananas and crackers) with a stupid migraine :O( WE are really hoping to start on the babies room soon since we have less than 9 weeks to go now. The June moms are in the home stretch and don't really have a special post for them, so I wanted to include them since they'll be paving the road for our july/aug births. I miss ya and think about ya everyday. Lovelyme (Marie) is really cracking me up and she's right too ! If men had to give birth we'd maybe see one child families if that !!! I am really thinking about this whole vasectomy stuff after seeing Val go through so much with this pg and hearing what's happened to her before. I love this woman soooooo very much that I can't see her getting and IUD when I could get fixed for good. What do you all think about it ?? Can't wait to hear from ya's hope the peeing, swelling, loss of sleep, low babies and pains in the cervix are going alright today. Let me know..... Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2003, 11:53 AM   #2
Veteran

angelsen HB User
Hey there Chris & Val,

I am soooo sorry to hear Val is sick again and still dealing with those dang migraines!! That is very sweet of you to get the vasectomy! It's only fair! I know when we are ready to quit having children my dh will definitely be the one getting "fixed"!!

Things are going pretty well here. Still keeping pretty busy here at work and hopefully they will hire someone this next week for me to train. I did find out the owner will let me do work at home to help out which will be great. It will be easier of an adjustment hopefully from going to two paychecks to one paycheck slowly. Plus we really will need that extra cash to pay for the hospital, etc.!! So it is a major blessing in disguise that the other gal was hired and fired!! Gives me more of an income potential!!

Back to work I go!! So I pray you all have a great day!! Isn't it soooo much fun seeing your little one move your belly?!!!! I just love it soooo much and will not tire of watching!!!!!

------------------
God Bless!!!!
It's a girl!!!!
Noelle Marie due 8/1

Old 05-30-2003, 04:48 AM   #3
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
Hey guys. I am in the worry stage again. I have heard so many horror storys about people losing their babies at 33 weeks. I am getting paranoid again. I am really ready for my 40 weeks to be up. If I could just hold Chloe in my arms I would know she is OK.

I go back to the doctor Monday. I really want her to do another U/S. She said she is planning on doing one closer to my due date. I WANT ONE NOW!!! But, then I would probably want another one closer to my due date.

I have contractions everyday. None of them are regular. Some are pretty strong. I have had a major increase in my D/C. It ranges in color from clear to dark yellow almost brown (My body is screaming for Summers Eve). I tried to check my cervix. But, I had know idea what I was feeling. If that was my cervix I felt, it is really low and very soft. I could insert my index finger up to my knuckle.

Any information on that would be greatly welcomed.

I'm sorry Val is still getting sick. How are the girls doing? Are they getting excited? Austin is on needles and pins.

Angelhanson, I envy you for getting to work from home. My temp is suppose to start the second week in June. She will work with me until I go into labor. I am staying home for 6 weeks after baby comes. Then I have to go back to work . That will be hard. I am just lucky that my Mom baby sits for me.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 05-30-2003, 09:43 AM   #4

Karcia HB User
Hi Chris:
I saw your post and had to give my quick experience. I think it is great you would offer a vasectomy. My DH will be getting one too. I have had over 18 surgeries in the last 10 years, so one won't kill him! Anyhow, I just wanted to let you know that I had an IUD, and it caused some problems: pain with periods so bad that I cannot stand up straight, etc, etc. And the IUD is gone, but that pain will continue. Also, I, personally know 2 women who got pregnant with an IUD inplace. It just isn't as exact as a vasectomy. I do know accidents happen that way as well, but the IUD is only 96% effective - so my Dr told me. Doesn't that really sound like if you do it 100 times, you'll have 4 kids! Yikes. Anyhow, just thought I'd let you know. Of course, with the IUD in there, it can cause problems for the baby, etc. Just thought my story may help you a bit more with your decision.
I hope Val is feeling better soon. That is too bad. Nothing worse than tossing your cookies. Good luck.
Karcia
Edd 10/01

Old 05-30-2003, 01:50 PM   #5
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
My DF is getting a vas too Chris...in fact with the announcement of me being pregnant would always come that info too. Nice huh? We are finished and he knows it is much more risky for me than for him. I went on some sites for my DF and they all said that it is safe and the risks are low of complications. With an office job you can be back to work as early as 2-3 days! So if you do it on a Thursday or Friday then you miss less work too! Try getting advice from the men's health portion of this site. It gave me tons of insight!!

I think I have been having all my BH in my back!!
Never thought of it until I got one so strong that I was in shock yesterday! Could this mean my labor will be a back labor? My other two were not, but I hear that they are awful!! I always thought these back pains coming and going the past 4 weeks or so were just aches, but if I look back it seems that they were in intervals. Not regular or consistant of course. BH in your back...who knew?

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Old 05-30-2003, 02:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
Marie,
I had excruciating back labor with both boys, but my bh were never in my back they were always in the front untill the real labor started. I suppose bh could be in your back though. I sincerely hope for your sake you do NOT have back labor!!

We want one more kid, but my dh will probably get a vasectomy after that. I figure its the very least he can do after I go thru four labor and deliveries!! Not to mention the years spent breastfeeding too.....For over four years now I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding. By the time I'm done nursing this baby it will be about five and half years straight. Than we are taking a few years off before the last one....

Well, Thats enought about me

Have a great day everyone

Old 05-30-2003, 08:31 PM   #7
Veteran

wattagirl HB User
let the nesting begin-i have worked my tail off tonight-only bad thing is i only got the guest room clean-lol-but i stripped the bed-washed curtains-you know-all the stuff you never do-anyway i am paying for it now-my back is killing me-i have been wakened 2 nights in a row with pretty strong cramping in my back-my stomach doesn't contract though-is this bh-i got kind of worried last night but it passed-i want to pass something on about the vasectomy thing-i was discussing this with my doctor and told her we planned on my hubby having it done right after the baby was born-she said some docs make you wait 30 days before they will do it to make sure that you are sure-and also something else i didn't think of is they will have to do a sperm test 3 times to make sure the procedure worked-so if i plan on my hubby doing this i guess we better get on the ball-especially since he will be about dead by the time my 6 wk appt comes around

Old 05-31-2003, 01:43 PM   #8
Veteran

chrislove HB User
Angel, Karcia, Marie and the rest....Thanks for your support and advice. I feel the same about Val getting an iud, so that is why I am seriously considering getting a vasectomy. Val realizes that this is huge for me, but I realize that it is way more huge for Val to be going/ have gone through this pg and all of the other problems she has experienced. Seems like a small sacrifice for me in the short and long run. Val is also at the worrying stage and didn't get her u/s yesterday cuz the office screwed up her appt location, but she will most likely have one next week and we can see how big this boy is since Val is a diabetic. Maternity leave will be nice and so is keeping your job if thats what you need. After baby comes, then the reall wrok will begin. Val has been getting a room a day in order for the most part and I'm so proud of her. When she doesn't have migraines or nausea, she has been getting alot done. Hope you are all having a nice weekdn and that I can hear from you more soon. tkae care and I'll post some more when I have some time Chris

Old 06-01-2003, 06:57 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kippy6 HB User
Chris - I'm so sorry to hear about Val. Poor thing! Have her migraine headaches been happening more now that it's closer to the end, or is it about the same? I can't remember...does she normally have migraines when she's not PG? It must be awful!! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Hope it gets better soon.

In case my DH gets a vasectomy...I was wondering...can these things ever be reversed if you change your mind? I don't remember.

Old 06-01-2003, 07:04 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
Kippy,
Vasectomys can be reversed. I think your chances of getting pregnant are lower than normal if its reversed, but much higher than a tubal reversal.

Old 06-02-2003, 09:06 AM   #11
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Coppertop is right about the reversal stats. Plus, there is a greater chance of getting pregnant with a tubal than there is with a vas. SHOCKED ME...yet made me smile from ovary to ovary!!!

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Old 06-02-2003, 07:54 PM   #12
Veteran

wattagirl HB User
hey guys-made dh an appt today for his vasectomy-he doesn't have to wait like i thought-he will go in on the 20th of june and have it done same day in docs office-he will then have to be tested after 6 wks-so just thought ya'll would want to know-feeling pretty good-doc appt tomorrow-strep test and hope they will test me to see if i am doing anything-i will update tomorrow night

Old 06-02-2003, 08:31 PM   #13

LinseyM HB User
Hi. I just wanted to share this quick story about my friend's vasectomy. Well, him and his wife had 2 boys within about 14 mo. of each other. They really wanted a girl, so they decided for him to get a vasectomy and they would adopt a little girl. They went through all the proceedings and finally got a baby girl about a year after their last boy was born. They brought her home and within a week his wife found out she was yet pregnant again! I guess there really IS a little left over that you have to be careful of. And, guess what? It was a girl!! So, now they have 2 boys and 2 girls all under the age of 4! They are super happy, but they went through some very teary nights wondering how they were going to make it work. Just REMEMBER-there are a few swimmers left after a vasectomy!!!

Old 06-02-2003, 08:32 PM   #14

LinseyM HB User
Hi. I just wanted to share this quick story about my friend's vasectomy. Well, him and his wife had 2 boys within about 14 mo. of each other. They really wanted a girl, so they decided for him to get a vasectomy and they would adopt a little girl. They went through all the proceedings and finally got a baby girl about a year after their last boy was born. They brought her home and within a week his wife found out she was yet pregnant again! I guess there really IS a little left over that you have to be careful of. And, guess what? It was a girl!! So, now they have 2 boys and 2 girls all under the age of 4! They are super happy, but they went through some very teary nights wondering how they were going to make it work. Just REMEMBER-there are a few swimmers left after a vasectomy!!!

Closed Thread