It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

blashae HB User
38 Weeks Pregnant and Miserable!!!

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and so miserable... Any ideas on how to get the show on the road.. I'm so ready to meet my baby girl... My due date is January 30th.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
(female)

dolphin27 HB User
Re: 38 Weeks Pregnant and Miserable!!!

Ditto all that for me too.

I have resorted to trying some of the old wives tales, mainly just to help pass the time. I have been eatting a lot of pineapple and bouncing on a birthing ball. Tonight I'm spicing up supper a bit. There's not medical proof behind any of it, but it's fun to try something different.

I do know that doctors would recommend having sex. That is supposed to get things moving a little quicker if they are ready to start.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2011, 05:58 AM   #3
(female)

blashae HB User

Yeah; the wives tails are fun to try.....

Only problem with the sex is that my husband is working 8 hours away from home.... Good chance he is going to miss the birth of his daughter.

So today I'm at work; and been in pain since I sat down at my desk.... Not really contractions; but it's a steady pain that isn't easing up..... Don't know what to do?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Hey there ~ I feel for ya! If you are at work and in pain, get up and move around and stretch. Don't worry about what others think b/c it's obvious you are getting uncomfortable!
I was just there about a month ago. It's tough and I was ecstatic when the doctor offered to induce me at 39 weeks.
My best advice to you is to use this time to TRY and relax as much as possible. I know you hurt - trust me - I know!
I was also going to say have sex, but I guess since your hubby is away, then that won't happen. Bummer! Ask your doc if he/she will strip your membranes at your next OB appt!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Well... if you can still orgasm by yourself it will help!! The prostaglandins in semen can help to ready the cervix, but orgasm can cause mild contractions on its own, also causes the release of oxytocin. Nipple stimulation will also help, just be careful, that can cause some pretty intense contractions. Something else is Evening Primrose Oil (EPO), which you may want to run by your OB/Midwife before you use it. You can take it orally and/or insert the capsules directly into your vagina at night, this can also help to soften the cervix. These are all things that can help prep your body for labor, but won't actually bring it on unless the baby and your body are ready.

Good luck with the spicy food, does absolutely nothing for me! I'm anxious for babe to get here as well (I'm 39 weeks) so went and ate some really spicy Indian curry yesterday. It was super yum, but no major action down there. Been using the EPO orally and vaginally since 37 weeks, my cervix is butter soft and shortening but if I am starting to dilate it is only just a little bit, but it all helps.

Oh, walking is also great, it can really help get the baby engaged into position if it's time for that. All in all, a labor that starts on its own is usually easier/quicker than one induced before the baby sends of the chain of chemical signals that start labor when he/she is ready. Keep in mind too how accurate the dates are, although 37 weeks can be considered full term that doesn't mean the baby is completely ready for life outside yet, which could cause him/her to have an extra stay in the hospital.

@blashae... the pains you are feeling as you sit could be a good thing! Although it's not contractions per say your body may just be getting warmed up for the big event, and your pains could still be helping you to dilate and efface before actual labor starts. Hang in there!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
(female)

blashae HB User

Had bad pains every 20 minutes yesterday; went to hospital to get checked. They hooked me up to fetal monitor; because I was having decreased fetal movement. Baby suddenly became a wild child and was non-stop; said the pains I was having was mainly from her moving around... But man did it hurt bad.......

Going to doctor tomorrow, hopefully I have dialated more. If I don't have mine by the 28th then they are going to induce me on the 28th; but I would rather go into labor on my own........

Closed Thread