It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2003, 07:41 AM   #1

clover91 HB User
Unhappy spot on babies heart

I had an ultrasound done at 20 wks and was just told by my doctor that there is a spot on the babies heart. She said it more than likely is nothing serious but sometimes is a marker for downs syndrome. She said everything else in the ultrasound was fine so that is a good sign. Now they want to send me for a level 2 ultrasound to get a better look. Has anyone else had a similar experience or have any advice. I'm a worry wart by nature and see this adding more stress. My husband will be leaving in 2 wks TDY for the entire summer and I will need to face all this testing alone. Please help!

Old 06-06-2003, 08:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

friendlyrobyn HB User
Im sorry that this is causing you to worry so much. I'll keep you in my positve thoughts and pray that your baby will be well When is your level 2?

------------------
our first babys EDD 11/27/03 Thanksgiving

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2003, 08:22 AM   #3

clover91 HB User
I'm waiting for her to call back with the appointment. They are trying to get me in ASAP because my husband is leaving in 2 wks.

Old 06-06-2003, 08:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
I'm sure everything is fine, but I will say a little prayer for you and your baby. *Try* not to stress about this too much, as we both know stress isn't good for the little one.(or you!)

Keep us posted,

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 06-06-2003, 10:47 AM   #5

Tiff Tiff HB User
i was in a similar situation. but on my ultrasound they found cysts on the baby's brain. she said there is a small chance the baby could have down's or another chromosome problem, but like with your ultrasound, it was isolated and nothing else was found in the ultrasound. that is a very good sign. chances are your baby does not have downs... because in the vast majority of cases, they can see a physical abnormality (like the measurements are not on target or something).

if your dr says not to worry, i would take his advice and not worry. i went back for a followup ultrasoudn 3 weeks later and my baby is perfectly fine and normal. good luck!

Old 06-06-2003, 03:08 PM   #6
Inactive

dingo_102 HB User
Saying and prayer for you, your little one and your family.

April
9/19 It's a Boy!

Old 06-06-2003, 04:53 PM   #7

Carmen_F HB User
Try not and get to worried until you have the level 2 ultrasound (and even then try and stay calm)....they are great I went through a bad experience with my daughter. Did you have the triple screen test done? If you did and the downs syndrome changes came back good then you should be fine. Just remember that Downs isn't a death sentence and your baby will be loved ,and you don't even know if that is what it is or not. If your baby does happen to have it though just be thankful that is all she/he has. I also think that if it was downs some of the other measurement would of been off. You will be in my prayers and please let us all know what they say about the level 2. I'm sending you all the good vibes I have.

------------------
Carmen Mommy to
Victoria Grace
born asleep on 4-24-03
Mommy and Daddy will always love you!!!!!
Mommy and Daddy will always love you!!!!!

Old 06-06-2003, 05:49 PM   #8

clover91 HB User
Thank you all so much for your encouragement and prayers. I do feel better after talking to my husband more. The doctor did say all other measurements were fine, the femur, the head and the spine. I didn't have the triple screen done because everyone I know had a false positive and I didn't want to put myself through that. I know downs kids are special and that there are much worse things. I think I'm actually more worried about having to go through it alone while my husband is gone. Were military so our families are not nearby. It will be difficult but I have my 3 year old I have to think about and take care of so I will hang in and try to stay positive. Thanks again!

Old 06-07-2003, 12:09 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
Best wishes are with you for your next US. We pray that your little one is ok. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif
Tink (Lisa)
EDD 01-04-04

Old 06-07-2003, 08:54 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I had an ultrasound, was told my baby has hydrocepholas, very wide set eyes, and only 2 vessells going into the baby from the umbilical cord. Had a level 2 ultrasound, baby does NOT have hydro, has normal eyes and 3 vessells. Just to give you a little hope that things sometimes do look odd in regular ultrasounds, but with a little better technology they turn out great!! Good luck.

Angela
EDD 9/21
It's a BOY!

Old 06-08-2003, 07:19 AM   #11

phja HB User
my niece had the same experience and everything was fine. u/s are good but like most tests aren't always totally accurate. for instance my other niece had a 2 vessel cord with last pregnancy(from u/s) and dr.s were all concerned, it turned out she did have 2 vessel cord but baby was fine. she also found out that her oldest child also had 2 vessel cord but dr.s didn't know it tiill the birth cause she didn't have u/s.sometimes i think we know too much with these tests.

Closed Thread